PDA

View Full Version : Pheasants legal ?

xxxxxx
12-13-2009, 03:30 PM
In Lindsey Slough there are several small islands that have pheasants sometimes from the clubs nearby....So if you are out of your boat on the island or have your prop out of the water and you have the stamp & its the season can you shoot them? (lawfully)

Reel Fun

waterdog
12-14-2009, 12:19 AM
I am not sure where Lindsey slough is as I do not have a map infront of me. If the islands are private then you need permission to hunt them (and in Calif you won't get it about 99.9% of the time). If its public property you will have to check the regs.
I'd love to send my lab in there to see how many pheasants he could bust
Waterdog :)

xxxxxx
12-14-2009, 01:02 AM
Some of the islands are rather small and gone depending on the tide?? Those club birds just land on any dry land sometimes....at least the coyotes can't get them there. Oh yea....Linsey is a finger off of Casche Slough/Deep water Chan. Your lab might even catch a few of them big wet slow ringnecks?????

RF

waterdog
12-14-2009, 02:10 AM
I know exactly where that area is. There is a public type C hunting area right there that I saw somewhere on the df&g web site. I think that it is mostly a waterfowl hunting area but I have never hunted it. Most of the pheasants there have probably come over from the Hastings Is. pheasant club.
I think that very soon I might launch out of Vierras and take a run up to that area to check it out and do a little duck/pheasant hunting. I have been wanting to do so for a while now.
Waterdog :)