PDA

View Full Version : Delta Floatilla Sturgeon Bash

Pages : 1 [2]

ITUKAWAL
12-14-2005, 11:08 AM
fish-n-again meet the ever famous Sturgeon_Stomper.

Now, get along and fish ;D ;D ;D ;D

GN.
12-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Stomper
Check your PM's

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Got it, thanks ;)

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Welp, disreguard all the above..Im comin with my rig..Me and Know-excuses will be there. When Im not sure yet but I will be there..Look out boys..here comes the crew ;D

Im goin fishin Im goin fishin nanan nana nana ;D

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4658/groupwave0yr.gifhttp://img114.imageshack.us/img114/9537/people5937gn.gifhttp://img160.imageshack.us/img160/8290/party532be.gif

ITUKAWAL
12-14-2005, 02:01 PM
Just couldn't stand the pressure huh SS. ::) ::)Previous post - totally disregarded :P :P

Know_Excuses
12-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey IT can you add me to the list ;D ;D ;DI'll be the drunk guy on Stompers boat.Well,, the other drunk guy :P :P

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey any of you sniffer buds good with electrical? I have a problem with my trim. The down works fine, up is dead with no power I guess. It doesn nothing. But my trailer button works...Im stupid, help me out here 8)

sunracer1957
12-14-2005, 04:08 PM
SS post that up on the boats,motors,gear boards someone will chime in,, I thought you knew how??

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 04:39 PM
I beat yea to it buddy ;) Cause I do know how..Just not sure where to look :P

kn6xu
12-14-2005, 04:57 PM
Hey SS. Glad you got the logistics worked out. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys. See you out there.

Paul

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 05:08 PM
Oh, you might not see me but youll hear me ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Ask any of the guys...I dont come home till the bait,beer,cigs run out ;)

And well, over the years Ive learned..Bring enough to last till monday and it works :D

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Look guys, Its time to start makin a check list of things needed at camp and so forth. If I have it I will bring it. As long as my truck will pull it ;D

Know_Excuses
12-14-2005, 05:30 PM
I can think of 3 things we need for sure.Beer, some beer,and more beer ;D ;D ;D

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3157/beer5qm.gif

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I know nobody mentioned it but I will...

This a Sniffer x-mas gathering...Whooo whoo..1st annual ;)

smithstation
12-14-2005, 06:34 PM
I should be there by about 9pm Fri. night. I will bring the mountain oysters and silver bullets.

Will someone have a bbq hot around that time or should I bring one?

Anyone wanting eel they are in zip lock baggies and are $8 each. Depending on fog plan to pull out of the dock when I can see strait. ;)

GN.
12-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Is there anybody going to the bash that's in need of a seat on a boat. I also posted up on the hitchiker board but I'm not sure everyone reads it. I'm going to be there all day Saturday.
Thanks

freon
12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Fish n again, I might could use that seat, my ride backed out. PM me if its still available, I am up for splitting costs etc. I probably need to be off the water around three or four though, if that works, let me know.
Freon

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Fog...ewwww :P

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 08:05 AM
Smithstation... Don't know if there will be a grill going at 9 but those oysters will hold for ordervors Saturday. ;D

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 08:11 AM
We'll get you on a boat one way or another, James. Looking forward to seeing you again -- By chance are you bringing any of that great smoked trout of yours? ;)

sunracer1957
12-15-2005, 08:19 AM
I can here the clock in the back ground TIC TOC TIC TOC its almost time ;D

Oh heck as official time keep I'm sending everyone home early today and giving everyone the day off tommorow WITH PAY ;D just tell your boss I said it was OK they will understand ::)

The fish are calling thier lonly

ITUKAWAL
12-15-2005, 08:26 AM
I can here the clock in the back ground TIC TOC TIC TOC its almost time ;D

Oh heck as official time keep I'm sending everyone home early today and giving everyone the day off tommorow WITH PAY ;D just tell your boss I said it was OK they will understand *::)

The fish are calling thier lonly

TOM, My boss would like to have a word with you - NOW !!!

Yur gettin' in trouble, Yur gettin' in trouble Nah nee Nah nee Nah nee ;D ;D ;D

sunracer1957
12-15-2005, 08:45 AM
IT you can have hime call me at 1-800-BITE ME..

I'll just tell him the same thing I tell my boss.

I'm almost 50 and I can do whatever I want :o

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 08:48 AM
I fired myself yesterday afternoon after work so I'm packing my sturgeon/striper gear as we speak. ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I fired myself yesterday afternoon after work so I'm packing my sturgeon/striper gear as we speak. ;D

Suppose I could get away with that FF ??? ???

Tom 1-800-BITE ME.. ??? ??? Isn't that one of those talk-naughty telephone numbers. Hmmm, boss likes those. I think I can pull this off Sun ::) ::)

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 09:12 AM
Suppose I could get away with that FF ??? ???

I doubt it IT. I'm the only boss who would hire myself back, done it many times. ::)

sunracer1957
12-15-2005, 09:20 AM
FF how do they say that? Oh yea

ITS GOOD TO BE KING ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
Thats funny cause I fired myself yesterday too. And well Im back at work today..Whats up with that :-/

smithstation
12-15-2005, 09:22 AM
What time will you guys start rolling in tomorrow?

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 09:33 AM
GC, PB and I are planning on being there around 8 tomorrow morning, give or take an hour or two - we run on Greenwood time - Actually, since we're driving that far, we're gonna fish until we're sick of fishing. 8)

ITUKAWAL
12-15-2005, 09:34 AM
What time will you guys start rolling in tomorrow?

Frank, Pink and GCinGV about 8:30am.

I should be there about 4:30pm.

Shoot for the 30 - 40 campground numbers.

smithstation
12-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds good, I plan to leave merced by about 4pm.

Will Happs have some sleves for steel leader? I have leader but ran out of the sleves? Or should I stop by delta bait?

Hey Frank, where are you guys coming from?

ITUKAWAL
12-15-2005, 09:56 AM
That's what his shrink asked him smithstation.
He said FF I just don't know where you're comin' from ??? ???

Muderload Country Smitty

smithstation
12-15-2005, 10:00 AM
Right on! What do you think about the bait store in Rio. will they have steel leader crimps?

ITUKAWAL
12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Right on! What do you think about the bait store in Rio. will they have steel leader crimps?

Hard to say. Give Hap's a call...(707) 374-2372 Then let us know. Ask 'em how the supply of Grass and Ghost shrimp should be tomorrow afternoon. If they have mud cat I could use a 1/2 dozen live ones.

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM

Yupp, one of them will ;)

smithstation
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
I will call them in about 45 min. and then post what they said. (I have to wait until recess :-/_

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Smitstation... I have a bunch of #5 crimp sleeves and 60 lb coated-wire in my tackle bag so you're covered if you can't find any.

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 10:20 AM
LMAO SS ;D Recess... most of the guys you're gonna meet have a PhD in recess. ;)

smithstation
12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks Frank,
Ya I teach 2nd grade, knee biters, and the old lady teaches 5th grade. Cant beat the time off. With the time off we both work for Flying M ranch. Comercial cow/calf opperation, calve out 1200-1800 a year. We are on the go 8 days a week ;)
May fly to Oklahoma next week to look at some cattle.

I wont worry too much about the leader crimps but I will call and get the scoop on the bait.

Allen
12-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Sounds good Jason.

I also have an extra bag of #5 sleeves I picked up in stockton if you need some Friday night.....

Allen

smithstation
12-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks Allen, did you get my voice mail?

Called Haps, they suggested that people call and reserve bait but he thought he should have plenty. :-/(707)374-2372

Grass shrimp size is average to large, they run $3.75 per 1/4 pound,
Ghost shrimp are $5.75 per dozen
Pile worms are $6.69 per dozen

and they do have leader crimps. :)

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Did you talk with Audie, or the lady? Cant remember her name but shes way cool ;)

i told Audie a week or two ago that we have a crowd comin so he knows ;)

smithstation
12-15-2005, 11:36 AM
It sounded like a grumpy ol timer that couldn't hear very well. Not sure of a name. After I assured them that it would be a busy weekend for them he was very nice.
I used to work at a bait store in merced and I know how frustrating it is to get phone calls about bait prices so I hold nothing against him, I even sympathize with him. ;)

Allen
12-15-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks for calling and posting Jason.

Got it, and sent you an email. BTW, since you will be towing and it is difficult to park I can bring you the crimps when we meet on hwy 12.......

I will be at home for sure Friday, hosting a BD party for the in-laws. Lots of options. If you need anything else I can pick it up on the way home tonight and give it to you friday, as I know parking is a issue for your rig Friday ( at least it would be to me-lol.

No problem if you want to buy them at Haps.

Thanks

Allen

BTW, looks like fresh Shad is a big questionmark due to fog. I usually get a pound for backup.

2 doz ghost reserved for sat ;D

BTW, Martini's in Lodi is 209-333-1692 FYI

smithstation
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Allen, just sent you an e-mail. Where is your bait shop? Is it close to 12 and I-5?

Allen
12-15-2005, 12:10 PM
Got it.

Jason, Martini's is on kettleman/ hwy 12 halfway between lodi and Flag city so you won't be going by it Friday. I also think their GS are a little more than Haps.

I can't find Sevalon's website , hopefully someone else can confirm 60# coated leader uses #5 sleeves? I think the spool says what it takes. I also have #6, but I think they are for tripple wraps of 60#.

If nobody replies I will stop by Russ' in Lodi and make sure I got you the right size. I may even go to the outdoor sportsman, they have a Tekata 600 with my name on it...lol

Allen

smithstation
12-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I sure appreciate it! I have been eyeing the abu garcia 7000, cost about $100 but I am sort of fond of the abus from my bass fishing days. See ya Friday night.

kn6xu
12-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up SmithStation! Called Haps and reserved mine for Saturday as well.

Paul

sunracer1957
12-15-2005, 04:22 PM
NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, BATMAN

Batman: Quick Woblin to the Bat Cave

Woblin: YO YO YO Whats up Batman?

Batman: Theres wild Sturgeon in the Delta and there causing havoc with all the bottom fairing creatures

Woblin: Wow Batman thats messed up man, what will we do

Batman: Quick jump in the Batboat and we'll go out and catch those Shrimp eating monsters of the deep.

Woblin: But Batdude the outdrive on the Batboat is wasted, and theres a whole mess of ( Hick ) Sturgeon in those waters ( pop as Woblin opens up a coldie) we'll never catch em all.

Batman: Your right Woblin, there is a hole mess of those guys out there, we will have to get some backup on this one.

Woblin: Heyyyy ( stagger) I know we can get some Sniffer dudes to kick in and kick some major Sturgeon butt ( Hick)

Batman : Woblin your right for a change and you are good for something beside drinking the fridge dry, you lush.

Woblin: YO Batboy ( Hick ) I can't get my leg up over the gunnel ( stumble)

Batman: For crying out loud Woblin get yer S#2t together, I'm getting tired of helping you into this boat..

At this point Batman and Woblin speed off to wild water's hoping not to run into any sand bars to get those killer Sturgeon with all the Sniffers in tow.

Batman : Woblin I'm gona smack you bald if you don't sit down and hang on.

Woblin: Heyyyy ( stagger, Hick ) I'm just trying to take a wiz.

Batman : Oh just sit down and shut up.. * *

ric1ric
12-15-2005, 05:14 PM
alright sunracer what is the count now

freon
12-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Hey guys, I will be heading out at sunlight or foglight, which ever the case may be and fishing til? I probably wont be fishing on saturday due to no ride, but hope to see or chat with some of you out there tomorrow, I will be on 69 and we probably will fish til around four or five ish and head home, so if I dont see or talk to you, hope all of you have a safe and fun trip.
Freon

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Hey James... GC, PB and I are aiming at being on the water about an hour-and-a-half before the tide turns tomorrow morning (9:30) probably be on channel 68 so give us a holler and if you don't hear back give another holler and if you still don't get hold of us call 911 cause we're probably in trouble. ::)

freon
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
thats funny frank, I only have a handheld and it has limited range, but I will try, will you be up by the rivers or down by the mothball fleet, we are headed down after launching from rio vista *

Bassassin
12-15-2005, 09:29 PM
freon I wish I would have known, we could have teamed up tomorrow. I'll be aiming to get on the water by 9ish, hoping by then the fog will have lifted about 10 feet off the water ::). I'll monitor 68 and 69 and will hope the little handheld will give me enough coverage or my MP3 player won't be playing too loud to hear you all.

freon
12-15-2005, 09:33 PM
thanks bassassasin, I have a ride tomorrow, just not saturday, figured on meeting everyone after getting off the water on saturday cuz I dont figure many will be down there tomorrow and wont show up til morning on saturday, but I will have a handheld and will try and say hi on that, we will be headed down from rio trying to find a decent spot to hook one, we are both sort of novices in that area, so we will probably move a couple of times and will try and chat with who ever is out there. can anyone tell me where to look out for sandbars?

Bassassin
12-15-2005, 09:49 PM
It's all pretty deep from Rio Vista to the powerlines. You would have to be pretty close to the shoreline to worry about hitting bottom. If you are worried about depth, you know the shipping channel (in between the green and red buoys) is always 35'. Around Sherman Island (south of the powerlines area) on the east side of the river there is quite a bit of shallow water that may catch an outboard during low tide. It's unlikely, but possible. If you make it down that far stay in the middle or to the west side of the river. It's pretty wide down in that area.

Best of luck to all of us fishing tomorrow.

Know_Excuses
12-15-2005, 10:09 PM
thanks bassassasin,

What did you call him???LOL JK just giving you a hard time ;D ;DHey if your gonna be out there friday but dont have a ride for saturday just stay out there :P :P

Farrier_Frank
12-15-2005, 10:25 PM
We will be fishing in the area of buoy 14 tomorrow, James... 19' Bay Runner with stars on the hull. If you see us holler over on your VHF, channel 68, and say hi - But don't get to close to us or GC will start throwing rocks... he's mighty protective of his fishing holes. ::)

Bassassin
12-15-2005, 10:40 PM
What did you call him???

I've been called worse. ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Just talked to Farrier Frank on his mobile. He, Pink Boat and GCinGV are on their way to begin the bash. If they just happen to hook up Frank will email me a dino pix from his cell.

ITITITITIT

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-16-2005, 07:18 AM
The time has come ;D

Ill be pulling into Brannon around 4ish today but will head out for the evening and see if i cant limit out first thing so we can come back to the Party ;D

See you guys on the water, good luck and be safe ;)

ch. 69 ;)

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 08:01 AM
I'm dreaming of a dino christmas.
Just like the one that Sunracer caught.

Where the ghost shrimp glissen,
and stompers *****in,

'cause he ain't got no bait no mo ????

sunracer1957
12-16-2005, 08:20 AM
As offical time keeper I hearby say

EVERYONE FISH ;D

Things didn't pan out for me on this one with the wifes birthday this weekend and I sure wanted to make it, so everyone have fun and be safe, watch the tides and the fog and remember to check in every once and a while..

Be sure to take some pics everyone can see what they missed and everyone one have a round of beers for me.. some of you guys have my number so call in those fish so I can post up some live updates and keep all informed..Sunracer

smithstation
12-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Got the new lowrance in the mail yesterday, up until 2am putting it on. IT WORKED :o.. *I will be there about ?? Leaving Merced about 4pm. I will have a few cold ones ready. A little sleepy here at work but that is ok, dinos look out cause the x-15 will be huntin ya down tomorrow! ;D

SS- I will bring my electrical stuff, not sure I can help but the same exact thing happened to my bass boat and it was the up sylanoid (sp) a $2 part that cost me $75 in labor. See if you can find where the power trim sylanoid is and then try to jump it and see if it works, if it does then you know it is a bad noid.

FISHINFOOL
12-16-2005, 08:53 AM
OK all,I may be there tomorrow,@ least for the afternoon,evening.Maybe till Sun(??). I gotta give a freind a ride to Lodi in the morning & well stop by there on the way back.Probabibly around noon or so.
So if all goes right be looking forward to seeing & meeting everyone.
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 09:10 AM
Look forward to meetin ya FishinFool.

Campers' packed, boats hooked up and gassed right outside my office winder and I still have another 5 hours here at the mote guarding the castle gate. Somebody fire me please ;D ;D

Seceret_hole
12-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Good luck out there this weekend guys!

smithstation
12-16-2005, 09:12 AM
I thought some one fired you yesterday?

Oh well, OK you are fired!
Now go fishin!!!

FISHINFOOL
12-16-2005, 09:27 AM
I got a ?,With the cool weather latly,who's the offiacal fire keeper while everyones out fishing,so's there's a warm fire when everone comes in off the water ;D
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Bring all the firewood you can. I'll be the official fireman ;D

FISHINFOOL
12-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I do have a lil firewood,I should do something with.
Make the manager here in the trailer park happy w/me again for a min or 2 ;)
I'll try & rember to load it up.It won't be much but it'll keep it going for a few anyway.
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 09:55 AM
I think most everyone will be bringing a little. I've got a couple of small bundles to toss in the boat.

smithstation
12-16-2005, 10:46 AM
FIRE, I thought we were fishing?
Well if there is a fire there had better be coffee and pepperment schnopps (also the fire keepers responsability) ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 10:59 AM
FIRE, I thought we were fishing?
Well if there is a fire there had better be coffee and pepperment schnopps (also the fire keepers responsability) ;D

DONE ;D ;D ;D ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Well Sun you did it again. Performed perfectly and now you are officially out of a job. That official time-keepers job is tough work huh ??? ???? The bash has officially begun ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Well i guess we will have to plan anouther one right away so as to keep Sun employed, cause he is a real good guy and Id hate to see him leave ;)

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 11:51 AM
Well i guess we will have to plan anouther one right away so as to keep Sun employed, cause he is a real good guy and Id hate to see him leave ;)

He can have my job. I need to leave myself. Be back in 5 minutes.

Oh, BTW Frank just called and they are in campsite #36. Good start.

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Cool, looks like a camp invasion is in order ;D

Oh dont let me forget my bullhorn :P ::)

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Cool, looks like a camp invasion is in order ;D

Oh dont let me forget my bullhorn :P ::)

Hey Gary....DON'T FORGET YOUR BULLHORN....... ;D ;D ;D

I did my job.

waterdog
12-16-2005, 12:25 PM
I will probably have an open seat in my boat tomorrow, Im looking at 1 or 2 people cancelling on me possibly 2. I wont be there until about 10:30am. I will cruise thru the camp ground to get a spot and then to the launch area to prep my boat. I will be driving a silver tundra 4x4 pulling an alumaweld. Both the boat and truck have stars. If I have an opening just come on over and hitch a ride.
Waterdog ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Waterdog - look forward to it. We're starting to congregate aroung campsite #36. See ya.......

ITITITITIT

smithstation
12-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Well i guess we will have to plan anouther one right away so as to keep Sun employed, cause he is a real good guy and Id hate to see him leave ;)[/quote]

How about the dino lovers festival- around Valentines day? We can all bring a nice bait shop bought meal to present to the sturgeon we love, although they may be a little upset when they take that first bite (pull down) and then they get a lip ring that they knew nothing about.

FISHINFOOL
12-16-2005, 06:28 PM
Well,slight problem the oick up may not be leaving town until I get a new radiator.
But the kid well be here later tonight w/his(Grandpa's ;)) car. So well still be there as planned,just won't beable to put the firewood in Grandpas lil Nissan.
One consulation @ least his car get's a lot better fuel milage :D.
So see you all there one way or the other....
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

GN.
12-16-2005, 09:47 PM
I'm jealous of the guys already out there fishing. I'm still stuck here. I'll see everyone in the morning. Did anyone catch any dino's yet?

kn6xu
12-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Well, KN6XU and crew are loading up as we speak. Hope to be on the water by 8:00 am.
Hope to see or hear you all out there.

Paul

freon
12-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Fished rio vista on friday and saw ff, pb and gcingv and talked with Bretski?, we only caught one small flounder and ff had a legal striper about twenty inches and they had caught some below the legal limit. the only dino we saw that surfaced, was right next to ff's boat, hope you guys fare better.
Freon

FISHINFOOL
12-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Well all just got back from Brannen Isd.
Sunracer,SS,Mike,rick1rick was sure glad to meet you all.Of coarse it was way over due meeting you face to face there SS.
And hey Itukawal,I saw you come into the ramp & hollered @ you as I was walking out to the end of the dock to help them get that broke down boat in,I was gonna help them & come introduce myself,but you where out of the water & gone before I could turn around.LOL I didn't even see you load the boat up,you where like a phantom 1st your there then your gone ??? ;DSorry I missed you guy..
If I'd had my pickup,instead of having the kid driving,I'd have @ least stayed most of the evening,but the kid didn't want to have to drive back up 12 after dark.He's 17 & hasn't been driving a yr yet & I guess he didn't feel comfortable driving on a road he doesn't know very well,like 12 after dark.
Oh well I'll have a new radiator in my pick up the end of the week & hopefully have the tri hull going about the 1st or so ??? ::)
Well, hopefully we'll catch everyone next time,Those we meant & those we missed.
BTW,as to any reports,it was evendently slow out there,No Sturgouns to the boats,talked to a few none sniffers coming back to the dock & no Sturg there either,although there where about 9 legal stripers spread out among 4 or 5 boats I talked to out of 15 or 20 I talked to.
Well, enjoyed the day even if I didn't get to wet a line.Although if we could have stayed longer or worked out some logestics I might've got a couple of hrs in,oh well like I said always next time.
And, SS I always have that lil' bottle w/me when I'm out fishing to keep the inards warm ;)So just let me know when,where & I'll bring it w/me ;)
Hope you all have tight lines the rest of the weekend anyway,be waiting for the finnal reports..
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

kn6xu
12-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Just got home from The Bash. Got a late start on Saturday morning. About 8:30 or so. Had a great day on the water despite the rain that rolled in. There were 3 of us on the boat and we managed a half dozen or so shaker stripers and one undersize dino about 37". Had a nice time talking to a few sniffers on the radio, Did not get a chance to meet any of you face to face but it was nice to finally at least get to talk to a few of you. We were planning on fishing all night but the weater was not as cooperative as we had hoped for so we got out of there about 2 hrs after dark. Looking forward to the next bash. I'll be better prepared to do a little camping. This was probably my last trip for a while as I'll be having surgery on the 27th and recovery is expected to be about 8 to 10 weeks so I'll have to rely on the board here to keep up on all the latest fishing reports from you guys.
Bottom line........I HAD A BLAST!! I can't wait to do it again
Until I can be on the water again with you guys I wish you all TIGHT LINES!!
KN6XU, Paul

fishguts
12-17-2005, 11:32 PM
Stared out the ambulance entrance doors of the ER all day watching the rain, wishing I was fishing. Hope everyone made it home safely.

fishrman4life
12-18-2005, 04:11 AM
Nah, thats okay.

Floatilla Pish Posh!

I dont wanna die today! LOL Looks really windy out there. :(

GN.
12-18-2005, 02:24 PM
My partner and I went out yesterday and met up with some fellow sniffers. It was nice to put a face with the names. I wish I could have stayed overnight but you know how that goes. We fished from about 7:00am till just after dark. We started down at Chain Island, moved twice around there and then ended up by the power lines. We only managed two 16in. stripers and a flounder. I wonder how far up the river flounders will travel. I caught that one by the power lines. There were no takers on the sturgeon bait. I think it was one of the slowest days I've had out there and then there was the wind and rain to add insult to injury. I guess the weather guys were guessing again. The last report I read said light showers in the afternoon but we got dumped on and blown around. even with the curtains up we got wet. Still better than working.

I hope to see some of the sniffers I met out there again sometime. Maybe one of us will have better luck on the sturgeon next time. How did everyone else do after I left?

GCinGV
12-18-2005, 03:10 PM
That was a good time guys; in fact my stomach still hurts from laughing all night. Really great meeting everyone.
The final count for the GC, Farrier Frank, Pink Boat team was: 8 Stripers with one keeper @ 4 lbs at buoy 14 on Friday and 1 Striper @ 4.5 lbs and one very small shaker Sturgeon at Chain on Sat. I think that in-coming at chain would have been great but the rain just got to be too much. Pink Boat also had his first Dino hook-up and a decent one, first rattle out of the box on Friday but didnít get a good set and you know the rest. Not the greatest catch but still an awesome trip.
GC

Farrier_Frank
12-18-2005, 06:17 PM
GC... we caught ten fish... Dude ::) Look at the fish-counter on the boat -- Nine stripers (three keepers 20" to 22") and that scrawny sturgeon you snagged in the side. :D Not a bad trip for a couple of trout-trollers.

We will be back. 8)

kromebrite
12-18-2005, 06:21 PM
well, no sturg or striper for team kromebrite and Itukawal :P Threw roe, grasshrimp, pricey eel and I think a kitchen sink at them. What happened to that weather report of "foggy with a chance of a shower or two"? Uh, try "the perfect storm" there, Mr. Weather man! It was great in Itukawals boat in that it had a cover and sides, but when the tide changed and we realized we would be facing the wind and rain it was time to split. Good call to IT. I agree with GC, I bet that incoming would have produced. But at what cost? Pneumonia?
Good time still, and it was great to hang out afterwards to defrost in downtown Rio Vista. FF, how about the Auburn dam idea? ;D Know Excuses, glad I could help you out in getting out of the elements. Good to talk with you. I like the sponge idea, you might be onto something. Stomper, always a pleasure. I was concerned when you took off to go get Sunracer and did not come back. Thought maybe you had slipped off to an ultra secret spot ;)
Special THANKS to Itukawal for the hitchhike ride along. Love that boat! I think we almost figured out the perfect retirement plan out there. 8)Thanks for spearheading this bash also.
Good to meet all of you, PB, GC, Smithstation and the whole gang. Look forward to the next.

ITUKAWAL
12-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Thank you too Kromie for partnering up and a great time. If any of us can remember that restaurant we ate at Saturday evening it comes highly recommended. Just on the opposite west side of the street coronor from Haps Bait. Go for the garlic shrimp and pasta platter.

thanks again guys. Even though the weather was the worst I've seen in a long time the campfire chatter was terriffic.

Hey SS, I'll be holding classes on telling the difference between AM & PM. ;D ;D ;D

sunracer1957
12-19-2005, 08:29 AM
So what was the total head coun't for the bash? anyone have any idea?

ITUKAWAL
12-19-2005, 08:35 AM
So what was the total head coun't for the bash? anyone have any idea?

15 - 17 at last head count. We pulled off a role call via VHF but not all had radidio. If I count you 17 1/2. ;D ;D

ric1ric
12-19-2005, 09:36 AM
I had 4 on my boat 3 generations but we had no radio

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-19-2005, 10:32 AM
That was pretty freaky as I was woke up by my wife with a phone call saying Know excuses truck was gone so I jump out of the boat run around triing to find him to see what the heck happend and he was gone. I coulda swore it was early am :(.

Who was in the house boat? When did you guys split, I was worried about you :-/

GCinGV
12-19-2005, 12:33 PM
Thinking could be still out there trying to beat his way back I kept having visions of the house boat in the storm scene in the movie Cape Fear.
GC

waterdog
12-19-2005, 01:52 PM
I was there Saturday - really I was. I launched about 10:30am but didnt see any sniffers around the launch area. Cruised out and fished the powerlines, then Rio Vista bridge, Decker Is. and finally the San Joaquin. Caught a couple shaker striper and that was about it. Talked to a couple sniffers on the radio - the Trout king and someone else.
About 4:30 I was about to head back to Brannon when 2 fishermen in a 12' boat pulled along side, told me they were lost and wanted to know how to find Bethel is. It was foggy, getting dark no other boats around and they were soaked (no top on the boat) and freezing. Started to give them directions and then decided that they would never make it in those conditions. Their boat only went about 6 mph so I tied their boat to mine, got them in my boat and towed them over to Franks tract/Bethel is. I really think they would have been in big trouble if they hadnt run into me because hypothermia was a real possibility for these guys. Thank the Lord for gps cause as well as I know the Delta I wouldnt have made it back to Brannon without it (at least not that night). It was too dark and foggy to see land marks or anything else.
Got the boat on the trailer and cruised thru the camp ground but it was raining and I didnt see any sniffers hanging around so I went home.
I did meet one guy at the dock -I cant remember his name but he is the one that rented the houseboat but I was too cold, wet and tired by that time to remember much of anything.
Got home and sat in the hot tub with a large single malt scotch and all was good again.
Hopefully next time I will get to meet some of you. I met several of you the short time I was at the prior bash but want to meet more of you sniffers.
Waterdog ;D

ITUKAWAL
12-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey Waterdog, sorry we missed you Saturday. Most of us saw the storm coming and bailed out. By 4:00 Pink Boat, Farier Frank, GCinGV, Kromebrite andI were at the Point Marina suckin down coffee schnops and beer. See ya next time.

kromebrite
12-19-2005, 02:48 PM
the street coronor

With the size of those helpings and the cholestoral count you might need the coroner ;) ;D That soup was very good, squid tentacles and all. I think that waitress was concerned that I was not eating enough, she commented and wanted to push more food my way ::)

ITUKAWAL
12-19-2005, 03:15 PM
Hey, I was thinkin a second bowl of that chowder was in order - pretty good huh ??? ??? ??? I'll tell ya Eric, the RV's were rockin and rollin through the night.

STURGEONSTOMPER
12-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Sorry to have missed yea Waterdog. Fish wise you didnt misss a thing but yea did miss out on the B/Sing which was great. :D

Hey Gary, my face hurt after sat eve from laughin so hard. Thanks for the hospitality, you guys saved me a long wet night ;)

Farrier_Frank
12-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey Bunny Stomper... I'm still laughing over that one, thought I'd figured out every which way to catch critters - And you owe me a beer for pulling your shoes in out of the rain. ::)

Kromebrite... we should have all had a bowl or two of that soup and a salad at that no-name restaurant. That was good stuff.

And I can't believe I missed meeting all those other Sniffers' fishing around us Saturday. But that rain put the kibosh on the bomb fire and that was to bad - But I think there's a good chance we will be back. ;)

kromebrite
12-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Just remember, no gasoline with the dead chickens and snake in that bomb fire :P ;D 8)

Farrier_Frank
12-19-2005, 07:00 PM
Too bad you couldn't have spent the night, Erick. The story's flew off the handle 'till midnight and there were only brief spells when the laughter wasn't rocking GC's RV.

Know_Excuses
12-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Wow :o :oThese post's are in the future ???

ric1ric
12-19-2005, 07:08 PM
It was me in the houseboat we tired to the slips at brandon for sat. night then about 9 headed out for my 5 hr. boat ride back It was quite the ride had waves come in the front door and out the back waves hit so hard it would go over the boat they would knock the patio door open and fill the deck even bent the front door just lucky it open out or it probaly would have knoked it open too. Over the weekend I did manage to get 2 stripers about 22" that I sent back to get a little bigger but then again I never keep stripers any way. Hung around the ramp sat. night and talked to a few sniffers and thats what it was all about. Hope we can do it again with a little better weather, when I went by the ramp that sun morn. there was not even one truck or trailer in the parking lot. Got about 50 bucks worth of pile worms left guess I better get out there and start fishing

Know_Excuses
12-19-2005, 07:16 PM
That was pretty freaky as I was woke up by my wife with a phone call saying Know excuses truck was gone so I jump out of the boat run around triing to find him to see what the heck happend and he was gone. I coulda swore it was early am :(.

DOH' Sorry bud, I would have woke you up but you were peaceful sleepy dreamin ;D ;DThats classic with the AM though :P :P

kromebrite
12-19-2005, 07:17 PM
FF, I can only imagine. ;)
KE, I noticed that earlier(or was it later???). We must have done some sort of weird time warp while we were all out there. 8)

Know_Excuses
12-19-2005, 07:56 PM
FF, I can only imagine. ;)
KE, I noticed that earlier(or was it later???). We must have done some sort of weird time warp while we were all out there. 8)

Ok I think the warp is over ;D ;D