PDA

View Full Version : Suisun slough report

greengill
11-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Hello sniffers,

Fished the Suisun slough Friday through Sunday. Caught 5 from 40-44 inches, 1 keeper, just over 49 inches. Man, the bite was on! Thanks again and again to Fishkiller for showing me the ropes. All in all a great holiday weekend. Just one complaint, what happened to common courtesy of slowing down when passing an anchored boat/fishing? Boat after boat flew by us all weekend long. If my Dad were alive today he would have thrown rocks at these guys. Guess I was raised differently or people just don't give a *&^% these days.

G2

sunracer1957
11-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Greengill
Better get used to it, happens all the time, its to the point where I gave up getting mad at the speedsters..

penn_yan_bill
11-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Not sure where you were anchored on Suisun Slough, but with all the turns, sometimes by the time you come up on someone there's no time to slow down without making a bigger wake.

Suisun Slough isn't very wide and being rocked just comes with the territory there. Some fisherman would anchor right on the bends making it tough to take the corner without running into another boat coming from the opposite direction.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Sounds danger-us :(

greengill
11-29-2005, 07:09 AM
Your right, I guess it comes with the territory. Suisun Slough is not very wide in some spots. This just adds to my point. If it is not very wide and there is a boat anchored at a narrow bend, I would definitely slow down. Anyway, I guess since it was such a busy weekend with so many boats, I noticed it more. It was a great fishing trip. ::)

G2

fishkiller
11-29-2005, 07:16 AM
8)Yo G it has been awhile check your mail. Glad you hooked up did the sarge get one too, Hows the gf, Hope to hear about bigger fish soon. Congrats tight lines <THEFISHKILLER>

greengill
11-29-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey killer, great to hear from you. I will give you a ring after work. GF is sexy as ever. :o She hooked 2! Sarge(ret) was out of town. Talk to you soon my friend... 8)

GCinGV
11-29-2005, 09:00 AM
“Boat after boat flew by us all weekend long.”
That’s a real big problem over at the mouth of the Napa as well being a main thoroughfare. I avoid it on weekends when with all the added boat traffic it’s almost un-fishable at times.
GC

Right_Hook
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I didnt think many people knew about suisun slough!!!j/k There lots of fish to be had there.

exocet
11-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I fish mainly in SPB and susiun when I'm dino fishing. You have to really watch out for the mud in these areas and I see alot of guys anchoring right in the channel. I hear what your saying about problems with others speeding by closely but I think there's an equal problem with guys anchoring in stupid places.
just my 2 cents.

jon_may
12-01-2005, 09:23 AM
boats going by is good for the fishing, it stirs up the bottom....

fishguts
12-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I didnt think many people knew about suisun slough!!!j/k There lots of fish to be had there.

Shhhh, its a secret hole. lol j/k.

GN.
12-01-2005, 11:04 AM
I think most of us have the common courtesy to slow down by anchored boats but obviosly some people didn't get the memo. The very same people probably bi#ch about it when it happens to them. I have this happen all the time while I'm anchored up. I can either deal with it the best I can or get pi$$ed off. And I don't like being Pi$$ed off. Being bounced around is annoying but I'm more concerned about being hit by a careless boater. Safety is a big concern in some areas and the bottom line is you are responsible for your own safety. Try to anchor up in an area the increases the likelyhood of bieng seen and avoided. After all safety is no accident. You have to help your own cause. This by no means excuses the Idiots of their bad behavior but helps us all stay alive. Enough ranting for me. Just my .02

greengill
12-02-2005, 04:59 PM
I hear ya Fish-n-again,

I always anchor as close to the shore as is safe in my boat and in a spot to be seen. As I said before, I guess I just got a little more annoyed than usual since it was such a busy weekend. I think there was a lot of "every once in a while" boaters out since it was such a nice weekend. Still, a great trip for me. 8)

G2

MB_Kevin
12-03-2005, 01:01 AM
*Caught 5 from 40-44 inches, 1 keeper, just over 49 inches.
G2
So the minimum length is 48 inches and the max is 5'11" right. :PLike I can catch one of any size :P But couldn't remember the min length I was thinking 36" or 42" but now maybe 48" might be the answer.

fishermen_chris
12-03-2005, 04:43 AM
In some cases the boat that speeds by is doing you a favor because he is on plane and won't rock you as bad. But at the same time in narrow confinds like suisun It is wise to atleast slow down around a blind turn.
If I am in a main channel I don't slow down less motion to put others through. Inside small water whats the hurry.

greengill
12-05-2005, 07:12 AM
MB, min length is 46". :)

G2

GN.
12-05-2005, 12:19 PM
I agree that in a safe area that going by on a plane if preferred. I was mainly refering to people who do that in confined areas. I've almost been hit before. Scared the you know what out of me. I'm not sure the guy saw me until the last second. That's where that's coming from. There is a time and a place for everything. Most people have enough common sense to know when to slow down. Also don't get me wrong I've cussed at more than one boater and wanted to throw doughnuts at them. They get to me sometimes. 2pid boaters that is. I try to keep my cool but sometimes you know what happens.

The slot limit for Sturgeon is 46-72in. Good luck.

MB_Kevin
12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
MB, min length is 46". :)

G2
Thanks I couldn't remember!! ;)