PDA

View Full Version : Open Question, Spot Naming

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 12:19 PM
When is it enough? I love it here, The Fish Sniffer has gotten me some new friends and the hopes for more. But how much should we be expected to post about spots like when to fish them, and what to use? It took years to find and work these place's in the days I started no one told you anything now with the Internet we can fill a spot over night. How about not posting the exact spot and tide you want to fish. Any suggestion on what we need to do.. ???

And Yes I know I'm going to take a beating over this so get it all out..

There's two types of fishermen:

- Those who learned how to fish and then figured out where to fish.

- Those who were told where to fish and still have no idea how to fish.

The folks in the first group are the ones you don't have to worry about - they know the value of a specific spot - they went many, many nights without a fish so that they could learn the specifics of a location.

The folks in the second group worry me - they are the ones who will argue and argue that not sharing specific spots is selfish, greedy, blah, blah, blah. They are report chasers extraordinaire. Week old info is enough to get them excited. Instead of trying to get comfortable in their own ability, they rely on the abilities of others to show them exactly where to anchor and exactly what bait to use and where to cast. They learn nothing but who's reports they can count on. Perhaps that's all they want out of fishing? Could be, I dunno. Fishing is certainly something different to everyone - not everyone is willing to expend the effort to figure out anything. They want is all handed to them. These are dangerous folks - don't take them fishing, don't tell them where you are fishing, don't let them follow you, and pray, if they do follow you, that the fish won't be there. If they come up on you while you are fishing - go somewhere else - is it worth a few more fish that night to forever burn that spot?

There's actually another group - those new anglers who want to learn how to catch Sturgeon. No, they don't have many tricks yet. No, they don't know the intricacies of many spots either. But these folks do understand the sanctity of information shared with them. They won't spill the beans no matter who asks. They are sincerely thankful for every tidbit shared with them. It's these people that understand the value of the information being shared here by folks with 100 times their experience. They will never argue that specific spots need to be shared with the world. They'll take a general point in the right direction and they'll expand upon it whenever they can get out. They might only get out once a week - but they won't whine about it, they'll use that time to unravel every mystery.

You can tell these guys by the questions they ask. They have my sympathies, it's not an easy time to learn Sturgeon fishing, small fish don't teach you much. They may be doing exactly what the big fish want, but with the lack of big fish around, they won't know it.

The only people that post specific spots are internet heroes, green fishermen trying to be internet heroes, people making a buck selling out their fellow fishermen with specific reports, and people with an axe to grind trying to burn a spot for some selfish reasons. They all suck.

krzyfshrmn
11-26-2005, 12:31 PM
We're by no means required to give out specific info on these boards. If you want to, so be it, but if some people don't want to give up specific information, please have respect for that.

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 12:37 PM
We're by no means required to give out specific info on these boards. If you want to, so be it, but if some people don't want to give up specific information, please have respect for that.

That's my point krzy, If a fellow fisherman wants to burn his spot. let it be.. :-/

kromebrite
11-26-2005, 12:44 PM
Don't worry, 916S, you could name the spot, exactly what bait to use, GPS numbers, tidal charts and a boat and I still wouldn't hook up........... ;) ;D
Good news with sturgeon in my limited experience with them is that you may know a location(Chain isl., Roe Isl, Lost isl. ;)) but that don't mean fish on. Tides, where you anchor and such are such big variables. You could be 100 yards from a honey hole if you did not know what you are looking for. The times I have been out with success was "fish here on the incoming, now shift to over here on the outgo". No specific spots, at least not without the appropriate cover charge(e.g.beer) ;)

dandeuce
11-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Have to totally agree with you 916steelhead . Most newbie or lets make that wannabe sturgeon fishermen could be right on the X that marks yours or my spot and not catch a thing . They would be waiting for the bite that is not coming if you know what I mean . I just tell whoever Monty Sl. usually one of the generic spots such as the RBarn . Took me toooo long to find my honey holes out , one exception would be when fishing with a very experienced sturg fisherman and then again maybe not . I've got one spot that I was sworn to secretcy over and the only one I've taken there is my son . He's a 17 year old that could not find his way back there even if he did pirate my boat for the day .

Tight Lines , Dan

krzyfshrmn
11-26-2005, 01:41 PM
This should be posted on the trout board too. Have respect for the Brown fishermen if they don't want to reveal where they caught their fish....it's their choice. I wish I would have kept my mouth shut on a few of my secrets that I've shared. :-/

dogfish30
11-26-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Krzy, do you get jokes?

I knew you did. ;D

I'm kinda like Kromebrite, you could even bait my hook for me and I more than likey would only catch a skunk. :(

2QUARTSLOW
11-26-2005, 02:08 PM
2Q here,

Like I have always said,
just because you find the fish, you cant make the fish bite, and if they do bite, that does not mean you can hook em, and if you hookem doesnt mean you can land em, unless you are me.

I have a post for you guys in a day.

2Q

krzyfshrmn
11-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Call me krzy, but I don't get it Dogfish :-/ ???

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 02:41 PM
can we please try to stay on this topic. thanks

krzyfshrmn
11-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh C'mon Carlo, what fun would a thread be without a good hijack ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Oh C'mon Carlo, what fun would a thread be without a good hijack ;D

too late now, you already started it :P :P :P

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I dont think you will take a beating over this.It makes perfect sence.If you do post your excact spot next time you go it will be fished out :-/.A sniffer tells a freind he tells another freind,some one tells the bait shop etc.! suggestion would be if you are new to the game, go out on a charter boat.They are good at putting you on fish.You can learn new spots and ways to fish.It will cost a little money but it is usualy worth it for the experience.You shouldnt expect a private angler to give up his secrect spot.And I know its a free river,and in that case keep your eye on your fish finder and keep trying holes and sholes you can find.Or take these guys out get them drunk and see if they give up a spot ;D ;D ;D

P.S. I want a fish like sunracers

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 05:36 PM
P.S. I want a fish like sunracers

you had your chance :P, OK back to the topic.

skyhigh
11-26-2005, 05:41 PM
Its a good idea when you go out on a guided trip to bring a GPS, I know I do. Then again i went out the other day to a spot that i found on my own and the dam California Dawn (party boat) was right in it. OH well I still got two keeper strugeon that day. I'm om a roll!!

fishkiller
11-26-2005, 05:41 PM
8)Carlo it is like beating a dead horse Bud, anytime you post your catch theres the crowd , where what when how time tide did you wash your hands first or not.Im gonna be 42 yrs old and fished since I can walk.I can spot a true fisherman amongs the lazy weekend warrior all day long. Yet as you know I enjoy taking people sturgy fishing mostly the virgins why they got no clue to the world beneath.I have never taken anyone to my personal favorites and never will. I have show some a general local and some have scored and some mostly skunk.That includes charter captains.Years of trail error tracking and following.I rarely post anymore about fish cause the email are harrific, they all say the same thing.Don't let it get to you show your pic , give general vicinity , bait ok tide optional. It only will make the people not in the know mad and why worry about that. Hey good job on Sun's dino bet he wet his pants. HA HA.>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<THEFISHKILLER>>>>>>>><<<<<<<< <<<<<<<

JusTrollin
11-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Aren't you the same guy who told me after my first post(about stripers)it was worthless with out pics?When I posted pics & said I was in montezuma you tried to to say it was Nurse.Well the next time I went out I had people trolling 50 feet behind me.I have learned how/where to fish from my grandpa & from many trips with no fish.So to you thanks for blowing up my spot.Keep posting pics of other peoples fish & over priced lures.

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Aren't you the same guy who told me after my first post(about stripers)it was worthless with out pics?When I posted pics & said I was in montezuma you tried to to say it was Nurse.Well the next time I went out I had people trolling 50 feet behind me.I have learned how/where to fish from my grandpa & from many trips with no fish.So to you thanks for blowing up my spot.Keep posting pics of other peoples fish & over priced lures.

:o :o first off dude... i didn't give specific location or gps coordinance :-/ and if you have no sense of Humor you don't belong here. What are you bitter about? And what's OVERPRICE Lures got to do with anything ???

is this what your bitter about::) read your post and tell me if i replied and gave out specifics?
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=striper_fresh;action=display;num=113 0438967;start=5#5

and for the record.. this is how you BURNED your spot. so don't come crying over here.
http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=striper_fresh;action=display;num=113 0438515;start=0#0

fishkiller
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
8)hijacked 8)

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 06:08 PM
you had your chance :P, OK back to the topic.
:'( :'(

To top it all off I caught a cold and have been sick as a dog for 4 days now.Well 3 1/2 I am finally starting to feel good ;D ;D

Double_D
11-26-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm guilty of flaming a fishing spot...no wait, I'm guilty
of splitting an atom over over a spot, and pretty much incinerate it ??? you post an exact spot and come back and everyone has fished it out :( I try not to do that anymore,I just give a general area, and if anyone wants to know they can PM me, most of the time I'm more than happy to help, but some times you get someone that never posts or just signed up on the sniffer and it's like they demand you tell them, by no means am I some grate fishermen, I'm just lucky enough to be able to fish a lot and lucky to have fished with the people that I do fish with and have put my time in and learned from them, and from taking the time to read this forum.

doneli
11-26-2005, 06:23 PM
I JUST HAVE A COMENT ON THIS. 916STEELHEAD IS RIGHT. I USE TO BE AN AVERAGE FISHERMAN. FISHING FROM THE BANK AND ONCE IN A WHILE BRINGING HOME A BARELY KEEPER WICH MADE THE WHOLE FAMILY ALL HAPPY. THEN I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET ME A BOAT. A LOT OF TRIPS WITH NO FISH UNTIL I STARTED FINDING SPOTS THAT WERE GOOD. THEN I FOUND THE FISH SNIFFER WEB SITE AND EVERY THING CHANGED. THANKS TO ALL INFORMATION SHARED BY YOU GUYS I HAVE BEEN MORE SUCCESFULL. MY KIDS JUST TO HATE GOING FISHING BECAUSE IT WAS " BORE " NOW THEY LOVE TO GO FISHING BECAUSE MOST OF THE TIME WE BRING FISH HOME. AS YOU MENTIONED 916 IT TAKES A LOT OF HARD WORK TO BECOME SUCCESFULL ON ANY ACTIVITY THAT YOU BECOME INVOLVED IN. AND THERE IS PEOPLE JUST WAITING FOR YOU TO GIVE THEM ALL. I AM NOT SAYING " NOT TO SHARE ANY INFORMATION " SINCE I BENEFIT A LOT FROM THE INFORMATION I GOT OUT OF THIS FORUMS. BUT SHARE SOME GENERAL INFORMATION AND LET THE TRUE FISHERMEN TO FIGURE IT OUT. SAME THING WITH THE STARS ON YOUR BOAT. IS NICE TO RECOGNICE A FELLOW SNIFFER, BUT AT THE SAME TIME YOU HAVE A LOT OF PEOPLE CHASING YOU TO YOUR SECRET SPOT. ONCE AGAIN IF ANYBODY WANTS TO SHARE THEIR SECRETS I DO RESPECT THAT PEOPLE BECAUSE THEY WANT SOMEBODY ELSE TO ENJOY FISHING. THE PROBLEM IS THE ONES (POACHERS) WHO WANT TO KNOW WHERE AND HOW AND GO AND GET ALL THE FISH THEY CAN UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE FISH LEFT AND MOVE ON TO A NEW SPOT. just my two cents. once again thanks to all of you fish sniffers for making me a better fisherman
DONELI

Smeja
11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I can see both sides forsure. On one hand wanting to share your spot help someone else enjoy the fishing there on the other hand not knowing what they will do with that information and how many someones do you want to tell?

I've had a few people from this board take me out and show me some of their honey holes and more importantly the how to's of the game and others who have showed me just general spots and for both I'm forever grateful!

I fished in a boat with my grandpa for many years then he started fishing less and less. Many of those same spots are no good from the bank. Then I found this board and you guys have turned me onto the fish again.

I have a few striper holes I wont post about not cause their any huge sercet just cause their secret enough for now and I dont want every spot I fish at looking like the line at nimbus.

Theres a balance. I wont generally give exact locations if I'm at clarksburg I'll say the freeport area if I'm at salors bar I'll say the american ect.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Thats it, Im not telling anybody anything any more :(

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o :'( :o :'(
I am gonna buy you lots of B-day beer and 916 some Ale's get ya guys drunk and put me on the bestest spot ever in the whole wide world today ;D ;D ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 06:52 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :o :'( :o :'(
I am gonna buy you lots of B-day beer and 916 some Ale's get ya guys drunk and put me on the bestest spot ever in the whole wide world today ;D ;D ;D

you already had your chance Mike.ppphphhttttt :P

JusTrollin
11-26-2005, 06:54 PM
I do have a sense of humor, you had to be bitter to start the subject.You knew you were going to take some lumps I'm just the only one who had anything negative to say.If you tell other sniffers what kind of boat you have is that any different than having stars on it?And does that give them the right to fallow you & troll over your lines?Wow with that said mabye thats what I was bitter about.I still dont think if you recognize a spot from someone else's post you should put it out there.

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 06:56 PM
you already had your chance Mike.ppphphhttttt :P

LOL I call foul!!!The other trip was planned first.Just happens later.Or was the later one first and the first one after that?No No No the later was was definatly the first one making the first one second just happing first that makes my first chance and the one after that my second chance which means the second chance doesnt really count because the first chance hasnt happened yet. :P
Right? ;D

Diego916
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
No specific spots, at least not without the appropriate cover charge(e.g.beer) ;)

Sounds reasonable ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Yea what he said ::)

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2005, 07:02 PM
Yea and besides thats some nice fish you gotta out Cahcesloughhood River ::)

Diego916
11-26-2005, 07:04 PM
There's two types of fishermen:

- Those who learned how to fish and then figured out where to fish.

- Those who were told where to fish and still have no idea how to fish.

What about those who were told where to fish but got too drunk to get there? Now THAT'S a REAL fisherman ;)

...on second thought, real fisherman would still get there ;D

As to your point 916, I totally agree that posting where you fish is a bad idea, IMO.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2005, 07:09 PM
You should of seen how many boats were out there today dude >:( Unreal :-/

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Yea I am kind of debating moving my boat to verona for the winter.I have always done good up there for stiper and sturgies this time of year.Also the boat traffic is way lighter.Down side is there isnt much up that way.Plus I would hate to lose the docking I have now.I think I just need more beer ;D
P.S. you cant drown a cold with beer.Even if you drink enough to wake up naked on the bathroom floor ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 07:17 PM
What about those who were told where to fish but got too drunk to get there? Now THAT'S a REAL fisherman ;)

I don't know, PM Sturgeon_Stomper and ask him
;D ;D ;D ;D i bet he will let all his secrets out. hahaha OK back to the topic.

Know_Excuses
11-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I guess the point to made made is not to hound or pester people about their excact locations they are catching fish.Be happy with a general answer and dont get mad thinking they are keeping secrets from you.If I knew where to get free gas I sure wouldnt share it with everybody but I might share it with a few.So bottom line be happy with what you get. :o

fishguts
11-26-2005, 08:22 PM
LOL
Man, someone needs therapy.

PlugROCKSTAR
11-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I do have a sense of humor, you had to be bitter to start the subject.You knew you were going to take some lumps I'm just the only one who had anything negative to say.If you tell other sniffers what kind of boat you have is that any different than having stars on it?And does that give them the right to fallow you & troll over your lines?Wow with that said mabye thats what I was bitter about.I still dont think if you recognize a spot from someone else's post you should put it out there.

what were your intentions when you joined The Fish Sniffer? As far as the STARS go. I was never a fan of it either. Spot Burning is giving out specific location, gps coordinance etc.

kromebrite
11-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I don't know, PM Sturgeon_Stomper and ask him
;D ;D ;D ;D i bet he will let all his secrets out. hahaha OK back to the topic.
Nope. He won't. He'll give you a little taste, though. ;D 8) I think that there is so much good info posted on these boards. Experience and watching those who know is the best teacher.

Mad_Russian
11-26-2005, 10:44 PM
I've given exact locations before, had fellow fisherman stay next to me casting same lure and guess what? he wasnt catching a darn thing

Know_Excuses
11-27-2005, 12:42 AM
LOL
Man, someone needs therapy.

http://www.dealtackler.com/T3Forum/images/smiles/ym31.gifhttp://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5789/wallbash8oj.gifhttp://img431.imageshack.us/img431/1303/hissyfit2gk.gifhttp://img160.imageshack.us/img160/6991/people4501ot.gif

FortheKids
11-27-2005, 01:01 AM
As a newb on the dino scene I have learned volumes on this board. The exact hot spot is worth less to me than some insight as to why it might be a good spot. After all, things change, channels, currents, etc. Not to say that hot spot hasnt been hot forever, some places seem to be. The info shared here by the very experienced dino anglers potentially puts beginners way ahead, but wont help others!
Several folks on these boards have worked long and hard to get the infos, it seems 2pid (board lingo, lol )to piss them off, they dont need to share. Many of these fellows are quite accomplished outside of the delta, they catch fish anywhere they go, that says alot. I can imagine the guys on the trout board giving up there lake, only to find 93 boats on it next weekend 8( , there is a limit.

SturgeonVirgin
11-27-2005, 07:18 AM
Hey if you wanna name spots go for it. If not, don't; pretty simple. I don't.

triggerfish
11-27-2005, 10:27 AM
I help people all the time.People ask about the bottomfish,salmon,tuna, halibut,kokenee,etc.I tell them where and how,bait etc. I guess the delta is different.Is there only a few places that hold fish? Is it a big deal on which way the tide is going,and what bait? I guess it is.

Double_D
11-27-2005, 10:54 AM
This grate forum is all about information and helping others to fish...Fish Sniffer does not condemn spot naming which is fine with me...other forums it is a NO NO thats there rule and thats fine with me to...I just give general areas and if someone wants to know they can PM me, but the LURKERS don't get squat out of me. ;)

blue_chrush
11-27-2005, 08:12 PM
well I have posted general spots for rock coding
and I'm pretty sure that none you have fished them out... ;)
I figure what goes around comes around..
and knowing where to start helps a little
so if your not willing to post up a few ideals
now and then so what.... its not like there aren't
other sites with reports on where the hot bite is.
this site is by no means the holly grale to fishing,
and you only have to click it to find others and move on.
just 2cents

as for spot naming.....
say nothing, post nothing, no pics,
if thats what makes you feel good, great....
if you want to post some of it...thanks
just don't lie about it
that just plain sucks...

fisherman.....
with the heart of a pirate,
drinks alot of beer,
known to lie......
so why would you belive anything that is said here anyway...lol ;D

I have known a couple of post that were bent a little
to make it look better, and thats wrong.. :-X

PlugROCKSTAR
11-27-2005, 08:19 PM
a

HUH??? ??? ??? ???

JusTrollin
11-27-2005, 08:43 PM
My intentions were to learn from different people,& maybe gain some fishing buds.And even help some people out.I am a fisherman I fish for most fish & catch them.Lost in all this is the report I had from Friday,but the pics were taken at the spot in daylight so they will not get posted.We caught 5 sturgeon 3 shakers a47incher & a 53incher on salmon roe.DONE

blue_chrush
11-27-2005, 08:53 PM
BLUE CRUSH wrote...
a

HUH??? ??? ??? ???

at first I wasn't going to say anything...
but I couldn't help myself..... ;D

fishrman4life
11-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Ok, 2 things:

1. Carlo, you somewhat have a point, but then again, you somewhat dont. Any guy can buy a fish finder and find fish, know what baits and gear to use and catch fish. I think fish finders are cheating just as much as following other guys around mooching off their info. Most of you will disagree with that because it is a "tool" that you use. I remember my dad taking me to places like Ice House and others and us just fishing, not really catching, just trying. Then there were people with fish finders raping the good spots. So if you're gonna complain about people mooching information, worry more about the fish finders than the info you're giving. That info could be worthless if the fish arent there tomorrow.

2. This site is a place for people to share stories and other info. Im a greenhorn at sturgeon fishing, so learning something from people that have been doing it a long time is valuable to me. I know those spots may not be even holding fish when i go there, but knowing that it held fish at some time helps me learn the habits and intracacies of sturgeon fishing and fishing in general. If I didnt have someone helping me out with tips and general area info, I would never be able to catch fish. So, complain if you want, but if you have a fish finder and any general knowledge, you are just as dangerous as the moochers, IMHO.

Know_Excuses
11-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Lost in all this is the report I had from Friday,but the pics were taken at the spot in daylight so they will not get posted.We caught 5 sturgeon 3 shakers a47incher & a 53incher on salmon roe.DONE

NICE fishing!!So where was this at??? ??? ;D ;D
LMAO sorry I cant help myself ;D ;DGood job on the fish though,I hope I get one this weekend ;D

JusTrollin
11-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Lake Berryesa ;D

Know_Excuses
11-27-2005, 09:58 PM
LOL ;D ;D ;DIm there! :P

PlugROCKSTAR
11-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Fish Finders? Why would i have to worry about people that have fish finders. Some of them doesn't even know how to use their Fish Finder :-/.

Hogsbro
11-28-2005, 07:20 AM
Every time this subject comes up it cracks me up. When will people realize that there is no such thing as a "Secret Spot". There are places that you like to fish, and have had success at, but I guarantee that others have been there before you and others will fish there after you as well.

Double_D
11-28-2005, 07:32 AM
I've learned the hard way about spot naming,at the surf that is a real big NO NO, the beach maybe 3 miles long but the spot where all the fish are holding maybe 50 yards wide,flame a spot come back the next day(and 916 has seen it first hand)you will have 300 guys throwing plugs, bait fishermen with lines in the way, then the party boats need some easy picken for there customers and they back there HARVESTING TUBS right onto the beach and rape a hole,(and yes party boat captains read this forum,I would) so now we just give it a code name like big parking lot in the sky, Taco Beach,Flip alley or just say Pacifica..I've seen it first hand >:(

Double_D
11-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Every time this subject comes up it cracks me up. *When will people realize that there is no such thing as a "Secret Spot". *There are places that you like to fish, and have had success at, but I guarantee that others have been there before you and others will fish there after you as well.

Hogs I agree with you, but I think 916 is talking in general river, lakes, ocean,now that 916 has plugged the surf for striper's he really knows what it is like when a spot gets flamed, in the surf striper's move in big schools and never hold in anyone place very long, if you know how to read the surf you can still find fish, but when they hold in the holes in the surf zone it's a STRIPER BLITZ and we try to keep it off the forums(and I'm still learning how to read the surf ???)

fishguts
11-28-2005, 08:35 AM
This must be a Clinton administration policy, "Fish but don't tell".
Is the fishing that slow that everyone is essentially beating a dead horse on the subject?
Its a secret, but I have probably fished about everywhere in the delta for sturgeon between Rio Vista to Martinez and Pittsburg to Suisun City, since I was a kid. I have my favorite places but even then there are boaters and bankies there.
Get over your insecurities and move on. Geeesh.

sunracer1957
11-28-2005, 08:56 AM
Well without going into great detail I have seen things from the post on this board get taken advantage of, and not all of it from the post but also by word of mouth, I never ask anyone for there spots, I took a diff appoach than most, I found a few guys who were good fisherman and made life long friends out of them. I take them fishing and they take me. I keep my mouth closed when it comes to secrets and feel lucky that they shared them with me.

I don't mind giving out some pointers but will never share everything thats been shared with me, they did this because were fishing partners, not becuase I asked,, so my sugestion to all you guys make some new friends learn some new tricks and you'll have more fun doing it..my .02 worth

Seceret_hole
11-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Every time this subject comes up it cracks me up. *When will people realize that there is no such thing as a "Secret Spot". *There are places that you like to fish, and have had success at, but I guarantee that others have been there before you and others will fish there after you as well.
Well said Hogs Bro. I think if 916 wants to stereotype fisherman on these boards then he should recieve some criticism. I personally like to help others learn to fish, and besides, I usually don't post every fish I catch or specific locations. You can give an accurate report without giving up your favorite "spot". I have learned from these boards that some people post here to help others and some people just want to be "internet heroes" and brag about their success and how much gear and tackle they own.

smithstation
11-28-2005, 09:55 AM
Well without going into great detail I have seen things from the post on this board get taken advantage of, and not all of it from the post but also by word of mouth, I never ask anyone for there spots, I took a diff appoach than most, I found a few guys who were good fisherman and made life long friends out of them. I take them fishing and they take me. I keep my mouth closed when it comes to secrets and feel lucky that they shared them with me.

I don't mind giving out some pointers but will never share everything thats been shared with me, they did this because were fishing partners, not becuase I asked,, so my sugestion to all you guys make some new friends learn some new tricks and you'll have more fun doing it..my .02 worth * *

Well said!! That is how to learn, not just reading posts and studying pictures. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
11-28-2005, 10:36 AM

I don't mind giving out some pointers but will never share everything thats been shared with me, they did this because were fishing partners, not becuase I asked,, so my sugestion to all you guys make some new friends learn some new tricks and you'll have more fun doing it..my .02 worth * *

well said Tom. Thank You.

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 01:29 PM

VERY Very well said.But you forgot to add: and get them drunk ;D ;D

dandeuce
11-28-2005, 01:31 PM
For all those claiming there are no secret holes you are right to a point . Lay some GPS coordinates out there for your favorite spots and see if they don't become less secret !

Dan

Hogsbro
11-28-2005, 02:10 PM
For all those claiming there are no secret holes you are right to a point . Lay some GPS coordinates out there for your favorite spots and see if they don't become less secret !

Dan

I'm not advocating the giving out of any
GPS coordinates, or *exact locations of spots that you fish. *I'm just saying that you are fooling yourself if you think that it is "Your Secret Spot", and no one else knows about it or has ever fished in it before. *I do like your term though instead of calling it your spot it should be called your favorite spot.

sunracer1957
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
Hogs you have a good point, its rare that I go someplace and there aren't any other boats around, altough they might be in the same location but they might not over your favorite hole.

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 02:19 PM
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2822/signsyeahthat2ui.gif

FortheKids
11-28-2005, 04:42 PM
Thank you Sunracer ! That nailed it, nough said...next !

fishrman4life
11-28-2005, 05:55 PM
i dont think its so much that you guys are concerned about giving away "spots". if you know the activities of fish in that body of water, there are many places that you can go that wont contain a hell of a lot of people. so my 02 cents is if you want to get ahead of your fellow fisherman keep fish activities to urself. "spots" are meaningless if you dont know why they hold fish in the first place or where else similar conditions could exist.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-28-2005, 06:00 PM
Winner...Winner...Winner ;D

Thats right. You can send some one to your Fav hole dont mean doodoo. Just ask my friends ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-28-2005, 06:58 PM
End of subject.

dandeuce
11-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Agree with you S.S. , deja vu , think I said that on the first page of this topic .

Newbies , Hint for your own "secret spot"
When you reel in or pull your anchor and there are clam shells stuck on your anchor or sinker / hook remember that spot . FISH THE CLAMBEDS , if you can find them !

Tight Lines , Dan

GCinGV
11-29-2005, 08:27 AM
“FISH THE CLAMBEDS, if you can find them!” That’s really all it takes and the good news is that most of the system is one big Clam bed.
Finding a good spot to fish for dinos is the easy part, being able to spend the time on the water is the tough part.
GC

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Yea and theyre all secret when Im there ;D Right ::)

RPM
11-30-2005, 12:27 AM
Ive got my own secret spot no one has fished before and probably never will, In my backyard. ::) ;D

JoeHack-golf_star
11-30-2005, 05:05 AM
fore!!!!
I was curious... where can i buy a "secret spot"?
i dont mind sharing my fishing information with almost anyone who asks. I'll even let you have some of my bait!
Catching fish makes me happy.....i like to spread joy.
Plenty of fish for all of us....
what makes a hole good? you catch fish there, and right away, more fish take the place over. what that means to me, there will always be fish in that hole...so, plenty for everyone!
But what i like best, is findin em myself, then suprise the heck out of me when i catch one! Now, that is worth the price of admission....

God does not deduct from mans alloted time.......the hours spent in fishing...

dandeuce
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
RPM , unless you dug the hole and stocked it somebody else has fished there and "never" is a real long time !

Tight Lines , Dan

Know_Excuses
11-30-2005, 02:20 PM
RPM , unless you dug the hole and stocked it somebody else has fished there and "never" is a real long time !

Tight Lines , Dan

LOL ;D Its on the striper board and I would have to agree no one else will likely fish it again.Not sure if he dug it but I know he stocked it ;D ;D ;D

RPM
11-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Yeah check it out its titled mossdale part 1. I just updated it . part 2 might take a day or two.

Seceret_hole
12-01-2005, 11:44 AM
There's no such thing as a secret hole. Oh wait, their is one though, ;D

Intimidator
12-01-2005, 01:44 PM
WOW!!!!!!!

3pools
12-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey Secrethole you got that one right.

wet_n_ready
12-04-2005, 06:32 PM
I"m a newbie and would never ask or expect someone kind enough to share information with me about fishing techniques, to hand over information about where they fish. I would consider it in bad taste to ask. It would not be unlike someone telling you about a date they had. While you might secretly love to know exactly what they did in bed, you'd never ask. It'a a simple matter of respect.

Any other info you guys want to share though, I'm all ears!

fredrickj
12-05-2005, 07:21 AM
I'll second that xyz. Even with friends, some things are respected as private. A fishermans favorite spot should be respected as one of those.