PDA

View Full Version : Montazuma report 11-27-05

just_hooked
11-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi, We just got back in from another all nighter with my 11 year old daughter. We dropped anchor just after dark and fished the last of the out going tide. At the very bottom of the tide I got my first hook up, 20 minutes later we had a 67" 71# sturgie on board. We baited back up and started to fish the in coming tide. Soon after the tide started to run good my daughter got a hook up, 45 minutes later and one tired little girl, she landed her sturgie 69" and 87#. Trust me she let it be known that she had the biggest fish. We continued to fish for stripers the rest of the night with little luck, only a few little dinkers.
We were using grass shrimp for the sturgeon and fished the mouth of the montazuma. I will post pics once I figure out how to post them.

triggerfish
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
just hooked, nice job. I hope that nobody froze too bad last night.

dandeuce
11-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Just hooked , real nice trip , sounds like you and your daughter slayed them ! Enjoy her company fishing while you can , was at about her age when my daughter deserted me / fishing for other endeavors . Boys and other teen happenings won out . The good news is she is now 20 and on occasion asks me to take her fishing !

Sorry you did not get any big stripers , next time try a bullhead with his head removed . I've soaked them alive ALL night with no takers , reel them in at dawn and chop off the head . Back in they go and quite often " fish on " within 20-30 minutes . I think fished alive the little buggers find a hidy hole ( beer can or something ) or burrow into the mud somewhat and the stripers can't find them .

Tight Lines , Dan

Know_Excuses
11-27-2005, 11:51 AM
next time try a bullhead with his head removed . I've soaked them alive ALL night with no takers , reel them in at dawn and chop off the head . Back in they go and quite often " fish on " within 20-30 minutes . I think fished alive the little buggers find a hidy hole ( beer can or something ) or burrow into the mud somewhat and the stripers can't find them .

Tight Lines , Dan
I heard to do that with shad also.Good advice Dan Ty.
WAY to go Just Hooked!!My little one just turned 4 and she loves going fishing ;D

GCinGV
11-27-2005, 11:53 PM
Right on hooked.
GC

TudiB
11-28-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey Just__Hooked,
Is that the Collinsville side or the Suisan Bay side of the Monte. I fished the Collinsville side Friday afternoon out going and nothing. We left at sundown. Water getting rough also. Good report.
Thankx,
Sal

GN.
11-28-2005, 10:00 AM
Congrats on the fish. I wish I could get my daughter out fishing with me. She's nine and just wants to play with her toys and swim when I get her out on my boat. Patience is also a major issue with her. 1 hour max before she's bored.

I was also out there on friday. Managed one 38in. shaker before the wind came up and we relocated. Then nothing but undersize stripers. Got a 21in. striper.

Tight lines

HUND
11-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Right on !
I'd like to do the same, an over nighter. How safe is it to leave your truck and trailer in the parking lot ?

just_hooked
11-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi, Thanks for all of the replies and tips on the striper fishing. I was fishing on the suisun side of the monte. I always launch from grizzly island it's well lit and I have never had or herd of any problems around there. I am going out friday after work, I hope the rain keeps up all week.

just_hooked
11-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi, Can someone please help me with posting some pics. Thanks Jim

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 07:42 PM
go to the general saltwater page there is instructions there ;D it worked for me and it can work for you too :D

just_hooked
11-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Thanks I'll try it right now. Hope it works ha ha

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Good luck ;DIf it doesnt work e-mail me and I'll post em for you :D

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Here is just_hooked and his daughters fish ;D ;D
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8366/fishingpics0029yk.jpg

Know_Excuses
11-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Freakin awesome!!!that fish is bigger than her ;D ;D ;D

just_hooked
11-29-2005, 06:01 AM
Thank You very much KNOW EXCUSES. My daughter thinks it's great that she caught the bigger fish. She reminds me all the time and with it posted she'll be showing everyone else to. Thanks again Jim

Know_Excuses
11-29-2005, 09:23 AM
No Problem I was happy to help ;D