PDA

View Full Version : Goin' out Wednesday, a liitle help please...

FishnRN
05-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Been targeting the salmon out of Santa Cruz for the past couple weeks and did well. Now that the commercial guys took over, the salmon are pretty much gone, so its time to change tackle and location.
I have only fished for dino's out at the Mothball Fleet and am fairly inexperienced. I live in the central valley (Salida) and am willing to try somewhere new if anyone out there would point in the right direction, bait, etc. I just upgraded my 15' trihull to a 17.5' v-hull and should be able to feel a little more comfy when the wind kicks up out there. I am interested in trying further up river but have no idea where to begin, anyhelp would be much appreciated and I will surely post what happens wednesday if anything at all. Thanks in advance!!
-Ben

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-11-2004, 05:15 AM
Well Ben, this time of year the MBF is probably your best bet. I also fish montazuma slough which is just up river and to the north of there. Use your maps and be carfull in there its shallow 2 foot or less.

FishnRN
05-11-2004, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info SS. What can you tell me about tides, the friend that I used to fish with would mention tides and the right swing to be out there, what do you know about that?
thanks, Ben

Loves-to-Fish
05-11-2004, 02:18 PM
hour before and an hour after either tide usually is a good rule of thumb. I've caught them at all hours of the day/night? we stay out 2-3 days sometimes. So you just have to put in the time. The best is usually the outgoing highest tide. where it goes from 5-6' to a negative.....good luck, and hope I've helped ya?

LTF ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
05-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Thats right, We usualy stay out long enough to catch all the tides for the weekend but 1-2 hours before high and after is usualy the best. Good luck

SS

exocet
11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
ok

exocet
11-26-2005, 06:41 PM
ok

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Hmmm ???