PDA

View Full Version : bouy 9 report 11-24

just_hooked
11-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I just got back in from an all night fishing trip in the bay. My 11 year old daughter and I went out last night after dark to bouy # 9. The bay was like glass with a real slow incoming tide. We fished the incoming and all of the outgoing tides with no hook ups, just ALOT of king fish and stripers. We did manage to get 3 keeper stripers on the grass shrimp. When the tide started to come back in it was a stronger running tide with good results. I hooked and landed a nice 64" sturgeon weighing 89# and my daughter hooked and landed a 66" sturgeon weighing 51#. It was great to see her fight that fish. She had to keep the rod in the rod holder to get it in. The wife and I are going back out Friday we will post the results went we get in Saturday. ;D ;D ;D

GN.
11-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Way to go. Got her hooked now I bet. It's great getting kids out there and catching something. I'm sure she had a great big smile on her face. I'm going out in the morning. I hope I get as lucky. I'll be a few miles up stream near Sherman Island. Good luck to you and the wife and happy turkey day.

GCinGV
11-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Sounds like an awesome trip. Its great seeing your kid bring in a big one. Wow a 64”, 89lb that’s one fat Sturgeon; the last one I got was a 72” and only 80 lbs.
GC

Peacekeeper
11-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey way to go,,,sounds like a gr8 night!! :)

just_hooked
11-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi, I have the pics but I don`t know how to post them. Can anyone help? Thanks

Dinophyte
11-25-2005, 07:37 PM
just_hooked,
Congratulations to you and your daughter on your sturgies. You must be so proud of her to land a big one. :) Did you catch the sturgies on grass shrimp as well? Fish on!
D