PDA

View Full Version : senior project help?? please!

lunguis
11-15-2005, 09:23 PM
hey guys, im a currently a senior at MIddle COllege High school, it is located at delta college and it is a prgram in which a limited number of students are allowed to enroll in and we do college and high school during our 4 high school years. since i am a "fishing freak" (as my friends call me) i would like a little help here. i am doing my senior research paper in the water quality in california, focusing on the delta, and how it affects fisherman and sportsman in particular. i would like to know what you guys think about the water quality, how it is beneficial to us, or how it affects us, and just general thoughs over all. and if you guys have good web sites or advice i would really really REALLY appreciate it! (and if you could tell me where i could catch a nice fish that helps too... strictly for research purposes!! ;))

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Thedres a fhew placesd wed fishg. Gib me more datailins ;)

SturgeonVirgin
11-16-2005, 06:25 AM

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ITUKAWAL
11-16-2005, 07:14 AM

Entiendo Totalmente ::) ::) 8) 8) ;)) Gary

fishrman4life
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
hey guys, im a currently a senior at MIddle COllege High school, it is located at delta college and it is a prgram in which a limited number of students are allowed to enroll in and we do college and high school during our 4 high school years. since i am a "fishing freak" (as my friends call me) i would like a little help here. i am doing my senior research paper in the water quality in california, focusing on the delta, and how it affects fisherman and sportsman in particular. i would like to know what you guys think about the water quality, how it is beneficial to us, or how it affects us, and just general thoughs over all. and if you guys have good web sites or advice i would really really REALLY appreciate it! (and if you could tell me where i could catch a nice fish that helps too... strictly for research purposes!! ;))

It isnt as good as it was before the gold rush, nowhere near. If you choose to research this topic, make sure you start at the gold rush and work forward. Good people to talk to are Marty (Striper_Biologist) and the rest of the DFG crew.

lunguis
11-17-2005, 05:49 PM
FISHERMAN4LIFE i'd like to thank you for your help, i already checked out striper_biologist's postings and they are extrmely helpful!!
thanks for being the only one in this forum to take me seriously, apparently the other guys didnt care.
-Lunguis-

DragonSlayer
11-17-2005, 05:58 PM

You didn't get that Larry? I haven't fished with him much but i speak fluent Stomper ...... otherwise known as Yoda Latin ;D ;D ::)

DS 8)

doneli
11-17-2005, 09:20 PM
what is wrong with you guys????? seems that this young lady is asking you fishermen who know the delta better than anybody else for your help on a school project and you take it as a joke. is this the way we are helping our kids?. looks like lunguis is concerned about the future of the waters we fish on and this is the help she gets??? sturgeon stomper you are the moderator of this forum and seems like you started the joke. well fisherman4life you are the only one who got her mesage. i hope i can give her some advice but you already gave her a good direction.

just my opinion * * * * * * * * *doneli

fishrman4life
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
i pm'd you with my email if you need more guidance, i just did the senior project about 2 years ago, maybe I can forward you some good links to delta studies by some of the california universities

fishguts
11-18-2005, 12:13 AM
I would contact the Delta Keeper group, there is some management changes going on but they should have some information that would be of good help.
I wouldn't forget about the Periperal Canal initiative in the 70's which was defeated and would have devastated the Delta fishery.
The Westlands Water District and their constant battle to dump the waste water from Kesterson.
And of course the famous pumping projects that can literally change the entire flow of the delta when they turn them all on.
Incursion of non-native species from dumping of balast tanks on visiting tankers.
Waste water from river side plants that alter the temperature.
Loss of estuarian habitat and nursery for young fish.
Thats just some ideas there that you could explore. Good luck. Perhaps you could post your final work for us to see. I would look forward to reading it.

lunguis
11-21-2005, 06:26 PM
hey thanx guys! your information was really helpful! am i will be sure to post my report. it will be like 9 pages though!! so make sure u guys have time to spare! once again thanx a lot guys!!!