PDA

View Full Version : Need Help from the Pro's

Harvester
11-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Lived just three blocks from Garcia Bend (Saceamento)and have fished for stripers and salmon out of garcia Bend forever. There are three relatively deep hole I have come to know in or near the Garcia Bend area. I have never fished for sturgeon but would like to give it a try out of Garcia Bend. There is a hole across and down from the launch which goes to about 30 feet deep and is fairly large. There is also another deep hole above Garcia Bend which is on the Yolo side of the river above the launch on the Yolo side of the river. This hole is also about 30 feet deep and is fairly large and I have seen sturgeon come up in the area on several occasion. The last hole is large and deep 55' to 60' deep and is just at the left hand turn in the river just above the Brick Yard. I would like to know if any of you guys think I would have a chance of catching one up here and whether you have any advice for me on how???? Do you fish for them above or below or in the hole??? Any advice would be helpful
* * * * * * * * * * * *"The Harvester"

PlugROCKSTAR
11-17-2005, 07:37 AM
whats with the name?

sunracer1957
11-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Can't say I'm any kind of pro but I always anchor above the fish and let the currant take my bait to the hole, be sure your set up to come off anchor case you get a biggen on you'll want to be able to follow the fish. I just use my boat bumpers tied to the end of the anchor rope and set up far enough that you use most of your rope then just toss it over the side when you hook up, then you can pick it up later.. be sure you have a good flotation device cuase the currant can rip and drag your float under, but this never happened to me!! :o

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Be nice to the guy 916 ::)

Those holes will produce fish. The one up above the brick yard is an old favorite of many locals but they closed all the bank fishing so :-/ Try shrimp/pile and drop in above them. As soon as the rains come it will be better then right now but they are there ;)

Harvester
11-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Does roe work up here in the Sacramento area. I saved some from salmon season this year and it's paid for????

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Sure does, but I would add a shrimp/worm to the salad or not ;D

Harvester
11-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the help! Have you been out to the Brick Yard for Sturgeon yet this year? If so did you do any good? Thanks again. Harvesting is what I do. Fish and Game. Bird hunter,Especialy Wild Turkey,Duck,Stripers,kokanee,Salmon...
"The Harvester"