PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburg 11-6-05 Report (pics)

tankgrunt
11-06-2005, 09:05 PM
Fished this afternoon near Buoy 31 in Pittsburg with Fishermen_Chris and our friend Dave.

After fishing the last little part of ebb at noon we headed back to the baitshop to pick up some of the fresh batch of ghost shrimp that just got delivered. Since the baitshop was so close, I tied off a buoy onto the end of the rope instead of hauling it in. After picking up bait and saying hi to fishkiller, who was launching his sled at the time, we headed back out to the spot, but were unable to locate the anchor buoy. A guy fishing nearby hailed us over and told us that shortly after we left another boat swooped in stole my anchor *>:( I hope it brings their pathetic little lives loads of pleasure *:P We then headed bach to the baitshop to buy another anchor. Fortunately I had plenty of rope on board.

So there we were fishing a full fledged ebb tide with several dink stripers landed, and Chris sets steele into a sturgeon. Chris hands the rod off to Dave, a Sturgeon Vurgeon *;), for the fight. We get the dino in the boat, and much to our dismay it only measured 44 inches. Oh well, lines back in the water.

A little while later Chris set the hook on another sturgeon. This time a good one. Since a measily little 44 incher does not make one a "STURGEON NON-VURGEON", Chris handed the rod off to Dave again. After a hard fought battle Dave finally brings the diamondback along side the boat, where Chris and I wrestled it over the rail. This one measured in at a solid 65 inches. A solid keeper *:D

After a little more fishing, with no more success than a couple dink stripers, we called it a successful day and headed back in to the launch ramp.

Pictures to follow.

smithstation
11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Congrats to Dave and a great capt. for poping Daves cherry ;), thanks for the report!

krzyfshrmn
11-06-2005, 09:22 PM
That sucks about the anchor Ray, some people just can't leave well enough alone >:( >:(

Nice job on the fish though. I need to get my butt down there again in the near future.

SturgeonHunter_420
11-07-2005, 12:39 AM
Now that is a nice first day of catchin' sturgies. I agree with krzy. The fishin down there is much better than in the river. And the sunsets out there are spectacular ;D

Farrier_Frank
11-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Enjoyed reading your report, TG. GCinGV has been my sturgeon/striper guru and because he has generously shared his knowledge, and handed the rod to me when he had a keeper on, I finally broke the "vurgeon" barrier, too. There's a lot to be said for the camaraderie shared by the members of these boards, and when one suffers the loss of an anchor by a thief but still goes back to shore , buys another anchor and keeps on fishing, says a lot for your character.

Congratulations on the day and looking forward to the pictures.

tankgrunt
11-07-2005, 07:18 AM
Enjoyed reading your report, TG. GCinGV has been my sturgeon/striper guru and because he has generously shared his knowledge, and handed the rod to me when he had a keeper on, I finally broke the "vurgeon" barrier, too. There's a lot to be said for the camaraderie shared by the members of these boards, and when one suffers the loss of an anchor by a thief but still goes back to shore , buys another anchor and keeps on fishing, says a lot for your character.

Congratulations on the day and looking forward to the pictures.

We spent about 5 minutes being ticked off, but all three of us agreed that we have way too many really great things going on in our lives to get too bent out of shape over $40 worth of stuff 8)

GCinGV
11-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Good job Tank and Chris and congratulations to Dave on his first. Looks like weíre getting a great start to the Sturgeon season; hopefully itíll only get better.
I suspect there are lots and lots of dinos to be had right now between Pitts and Rio. We marked fish everywhere last time; seems like maybe theyíre staging before going up river. Canít wait to get back out.
Too bad about the anchor; thatís even low for a thief.
GC

fishermen_chris
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
We had a great time and the THEIF that stole the anchor will get his someday. But all in all it was a great day with great friends. We now have another for the columbia next year. ;D

fishguts
11-07-2005, 08:43 AM
I think people like that should have the CF number of their boat and description plastered all over the boards. Sometimes you just can't play nice anymore. Pics would be great too.

Nice job on the fish and showing some real class in buying another anchor and going on with the day.

innovate
11-07-2005, 10:02 AM
TWO THUMBS UP!

Nice job guys! :D

Roland

Supperman
11-08-2005, 08:37 PM
Tank,
I hope the anchor somehow sinks their boat.. ;)

Nice fishin day-Congrats!

Fish On!

tankgrunt
11-15-2005, 08:37 PM
Sorry it took so long to get the pictures up, but I am temporarily between houses and my father-in-laws photo editor sucks. Anyway, this one is Dave with a 44 incher. His first dino.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=500/4357ray_s_stuff_005_2_-med.jpg

tankgrunt
11-15-2005, 08:40 PM
From left to right: Fishermen_chris, 65 inch dino, Dave and myself.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=500/4357ray_s_stuff_006_3_-med.jpg

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Whos the ugly guy on the right :P

Nice, Into the album with that one ;)

Know_Excuses
11-15-2005, 09:05 PM
as much as I like that fish,you gotta love that mans shorts! :o

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-15-2005, 09:11 PM
So did the rookie catch all the fish? Or do I need to read the whole post again ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
11-15-2005, 09:13 PM
So did the rookie catch all the fish? Or do I need to read the whole post again ;D

you should have another beer and read the post all over again. :P

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-15-2005, 09:54 PM
But then Id forget who caught the fish and it would start all over again ::)

WHO CAUGHT THE FISH ::)

tankgrunt
11-16-2005, 07:14 AM
But then Id forget who caught the fish and it would start all over again ::)

WHO CAUGHT THE FISH ::)

Chris set iron in both and let the sturgy vurgy reel them in.

fishrman4life
11-16-2005, 03:32 PM
chris is a true gentleman... ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
11-16-2005, 03:38 PM
chris is a true gentleman... ;D

you must have a crush on him or something Eddie ;D you can't stop talking about him :o

fishrman4life
11-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Yea I know....I should stop complimenting him....oh well, I guess respect is passay. ;D ;D ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
11-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Yea I know....I should stop complimenting him....oh well, I guess respect is passay. *;D ;D ;D

just bustin' your chops Eddie ;)

fishrman4life
11-16-2005, 03:57 PM
And they HURT too...

who wants to see something funny?

http://www.fishsniffer.com/photos/051116cast1.html

See any names you recognize....ROFL

tankgrunt
11-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Whos the ugly guy on the right :P

Nice, Into the album with that one ;)

Oh yeah SS, like you're one to talk :P

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and we all know what you've been beholding :-*

http://www.caribbeanwomen-caribbeangirls.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/belize.jpg

PlugROCKSTAR
11-17-2005, 07:34 AM
hahahaha Tank, that der is funny. That was Stomper when she was 19 ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-17-2005, 08:50 AM
Oh boy, I better watch my back now. I heard hes movin northward in our direction 916...We have a small army of sniffers up here now ;D

tankgrunt
11-17-2005, 08:56 AM
Watch yer back. I closed escrow last week.