PDA

View Full Version : suisun bay 11/8/05

CaptBrandon
11-10-2005, 12:37 PM
Fished my honey hole on tue, hit the water about 7:30 headed to the hole and anchored up in 70 feet of water, incoming tide. Fished with fresh roe balls in nylons with pro cure sturgeon frenzy(prefer stur cocktail, forgot it at home) Had alot of bites right of the bat real finicky though two pumps then nothin then two pumps etc..not enough time to set the hook.No more bites thru low tide got another incoming tide right before dark, thats when by buddys little brother(first timer for sturgeon) got the bite,real light tap,tap...tap,tap.."ease it out, don't move the tip i say"next nibble he set up on it "fish on!" ,"it's gone i think" as his line goes slack. "Reel,reel" i say .His drag had gotten totaly loose I grabbed the line and started hand lining it as ryan helped his brother with his birds nest. "I fell something, ya there's a fish here" just then the diamondback came leaping out of the water. Just then ryan freed up the spoll and set the drag just in time for the fish to take its first run. Sean fought it for probly 30 min, i netted it 62 incher weighed 64.3lbs on the digi.Slow day with a happy ending. Not bad for a cold windy day.

GN.
11-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Great fish for a anybody especially for a sturgeon virgin. My first was also 62 inches but it was only 45#. I hope to get my second one this year. Thanks for the report.

fishingfoolr
11-12-2005, 01:04 PM
Just got the pictures back will post them as soon as I figure it out.

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Nice very nice, My next trip out will have to be in Susuin. Krzy you ready ;D

dogfish30
11-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Hey SS, Come out to Montezuma on Friday. Maybe you could show me a thing or two. ;D DF30

STURGEONSTOMPER
11-14-2005, 10:59 AM
Ill let yea know as the week goes on. Might be there or susuin or chain or? ;D