PDA

View Full Version : 11/12-Suisun

Supperman
11-13-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey All,
My son and I went out with Newtothegame on Saturday. We launched out of Suisun, which I had never done. It's not a bad trip out but there is a corner in the slough that is a little tricky. It's shallow on the inside of te turn.
We tried at the mouth of Montezuma slough, then near the sandbar. There we saw a huge sea lion thrash a 25-30 lb. salmon to death.. I asked the sea lion to give us the fish. >:(

Finally, we fished for a bit at the East end of the MBF, saw a guy bringing in a 5-6 ft. sturgeon..I didn't ask him nicely for his fish :)

A perfect day...we caught a ton of small stripers and a few kingfish..If I had it to over again, I would start at the east end of the MBF.

Fish On!

newtothegame
11-13-2005, 10:43 PM
i guess we couldnt ask for better weather though huh? lol ... if we could have fared half as well as the sea lion did we would have been alright!!

but it was all worth it watching Jarron (sp) bring in those fish :) .... priceless ... we'll get em next time... one things for sure ... we werent alone in not gettin em .. look at all the boats at the fleet that day wow!