PDA

View Full Version : What boat launch to use?

GN.
10-13-2005, 08:51 AM
My fishing partner and I are headed out to Suisun bay soon and I was wondering which boat launch you fellow sniffers like to use. I'm coming from the Sacramento area. Also this will be the first time fishing for dino's in Suisun so any warnings or advice would be appreciated. I think we will be starting by the mothball fleet.

Thanks

tankgrunt
10-13-2005, 09:48 AM
You can get to the MBF from Martinez, Benicia, Beldans Landing, or Pittsburg. There are sand bars-o-plenty in Susuin, so get yourself a good map and watch the channel markers.

NorCal_Bangers
10-13-2005, 05:56 PM
pretty much jut like tankgrunt said.......

easiest for you....beldins.

take 80 east....exit 12 toward rio vista....follow that to Grizzly Island Rd.....turn right.....follow that till you see the BIG'er bridge and launch on the left of the road.

when your in the water you can go right...under the bridge...or left...if you ask me right is faster to the bay...but left has GREAT holes to fish....fish that slough either way..the mighty MONTY....when you are done in there either way you go takes you to the bay your looking for but go right for the quicker trip. *

and pleas take Tankgrunts advice.....watch you depths....it gets REALLY SHALLOW in the bay and the slough

NCB

jon_may
10-14-2005, 07:34 AM
if ya want to fish the fleet, you can launch at martinez, it's a nice,4 lane launch 5 min to the fleet. fee is $6. take 80 to 680 cross the straights and it's the first exit. go left at the bottom of the exit and follow that road. turn right at the sign (marina)it's in the downtown area of martinez. don't forget you have to pay toll on the way back, though

GN.
10-17-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks everyone,
I think we'll be heading out on Sat. or Sun. We have a ff with navionics so we should be able to use that to help stay off the sand bars. I've heard that light 6 near the MBF is a good place to start. Any other suggestions of places to check out would be great.

Thanks again