PDA

View Full Version : Special Sturgeon Recipes?

fishrman4life
09-28-2005, 07:50 PM
Now that I have a surplus of sturgeon meat, I need recipes on how to cook it. What does sturgeon meat taste like? If you can, please give me a few good recipes on how to prepare it to taste the best. If you can, please give alternative seasonings if the recipe requires fresh herbs. Thanks fellas,

F4L

fishguts
09-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Very firm and mild tasting meat, I like to just add some butter, season salt, garlic, cover and bake until done.
I also smoke it and use a very small amount of liquid smoke in the pan. I also cut it into small chunks and deep fry it with a coat of tempura batter. It bbqs great because its very firm. Oh heck, it just tastes great no matter how you slice it.
Don't forget to trim off all the fat and gray meat first.

donzitroller
09-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Now that I have a surplus of sturgeon meat, I need recipes on how to cook it. What does sturgeon meat taste like? If you can, please give me a few good recipes on how to prepare it to taste the best. If you can, please give alternative seasonings if the recipe requires fresh herbs. Thanks fellas,

F4L
You've got something against fresh herbs? LOL.. Seriously though, Killer has a great recipe, hit him up! We bake it, like fishguts, garlic salt, fresh ground pepper, a few slices of lemon on top.. tastes great man! Haven't BBQ'd it yet, but then again, I'm runnin low, guess I need to get out and catch another one! FISH ON!

TudiB
09-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Donzi,
Try steaking it. Make sure it is skinned and all the dark meat is off of it. Dip the steaks in some egg and then dip them in some bread crumbs w/italian seasoning. in the frying pan they go. Probably two minutes each side or until tender. The secret to cooking fish to not overcook it. It should be fishy tasting and almost taste a pork chop. Excellent eating. Good luck!!

Sal

TudiB
09-29-2005, 07:21 AM
P.S. It should NOT be fishy tasting!! That's what I get for not reading it first!!
Sal

TudiB
09-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Sorry Donzi,
That message was for Fisfrman4life.

innovate
09-29-2005, 10:37 AM
My favorite way to do sturgeon is scampi style!

Melt a stick of butter in a pan over medium heat and throw in 4-5 minced garlic. Add a hit of olive oil to the melting butter.

Cut your sturgeon into bite-sized pieces and throw them into the mixture along with some fresh parsley (dried parsley is ok too).

Cook until all of the cubes have turned white - turn down the heat to low and let simmer for 5-10 minutes or so depending on the size of the sturgeon chunks.

Before you pull pan from the heat, throw in a 1/4 cup of white wine. You're done once all the simmering subsides.

Serve with white rice, veggies, and some garlic bread. You're set!

later,
Roland

PlugROCKSTAR
09-29-2005, 10:38 AM

F4L

Asked Inno. ;D them flips makes Adobo outta of em ;D j/k.

here's my recipe.

1/2 can of Contadina Bread Crumbs you can add Paprika, cayenne pepper as well if desired. remember the Salsa alone is Really HOT"spicy"
2 jars of La Victoria Red Salsa Extra Hot

Cut Sturgeon Steaks 1" by 1" and about 3-4" in length
Marinate the steaks in La Victoria Red Salsa Extra Hot for 24hours

Roll the steaks in Contadina Bread Crumbs and deep fry in 320 degrees for 3-4minutes

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-29-2005, 11:38 AM
Catch a fish, have your buddy clean it. Take a fillet up to the bow, light the bbq, throw it on and drink a beer or two. return to the bow and flip. Drink anouther beer, check bait and return to the grill. Remove sit down and eat ;D Check bait ::)

smithstation
09-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Catch a fish, have your buddy clean it. Take a fillet up to the bow, light the bbq, throw it on and drink a beer or two. return to the bow and flip. Drink anouther beer, check bait and return to the grill. Remove sit down and eat ;D Check bait

SS,
Thats the best recipe I ever heard of! ;) Fish and cook, cant beat that combo. ;D

fishkiller
09-29-2005, 05:21 PM
8)when you and Inno come up , we will cook some . 8)

fishguts
09-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Hey folks, if you accidentally burn it, you can tell everyone its' "blackened" sturgeon. ;D
Leaving to D3 for deer. Have a safe time on the water everyone.

sturgeon_dreamer
10-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Roland that sounds really good I will have to try that this year thanks for the recipe