PDA

View Full Version : Don't Be Stingy, Montezuma Slough Help Please!!!!!

DirtyStriper
09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Now can anyone give me any info. bout Montezuma Slough, is a 10oz. to 16oz. really true as what you need? and how is the bank spots there?

fishkiller
09-30-2005, 07:15 PM
8)the standard is 8oz but on big tides I have use 1 pound from a boat and at times that is not enough in deeper water. As for bank fishing it is always good if you are experianced try Beldens or the red barn area. Get a map of the area scout it out the tides look good this weekend for bank fishing use roe pileworm ghost pile or eel you should hook up. 8)

Hogsbro
09-30-2005, 07:17 PM
Depending on the tides if you are fishing from the bank then you may need that kind of weight or more to keep your bait on the bottom. I've never fished there from shore, but I do fish there in a boat, and see people on the shore in spots all the time. Below the bridge at Grizzly Island rd. is a long stretch that bank fishermen use. The other place I know of that is more popular is on Grizzly Island a place called the red barn. There is a small pier and a road side stretch that always seems to have bankers fishing at it. They must be catching a few sometimes or why else would they fishing there all the time?

DirtyStriper
09-30-2005, 07:20 PM
thank you both, that really helps alot. guess I'm gonna have to give going there some thought.

fishkiller
09-30-2005, 07:21 PM
8) Oh and check it out dude on this board you need not post multiple threads for the same thing and go back and forth asking if the answers are right .There are very many experienced sturgeon fisherman on this page and the answers you get are from years of experience so you need not worry about answer to a question if it is off or slightly misleading one of us will post the right info for you to use at your discrection. But please no back and forth just ask and you will recieve the info that simple. 8) ;D