PDA

View Full Version : derby *partiapents read this. Post  Martys prize

fishkiller
09-16-2005, 07:06 PM
8)Ok guys check it out this is good for all of us and our fishiery. Marty the Bioligist wrote me asking if he or fellow workers could measure and take notes of our fish at weigh in I said NO PROBLEM, so since the DFG was so gracious as to give the derby permit we will help them with sturgeon studies in our fishery.Its there job to be around when fish come in. Marty also asked if you guys remmember his sturgeon form. He is going to post it here for us to print.I am asking each and every boat owner to print a copy for derby day and fill it out and turn in to me at final weigh in and bbq.I think we all understand this could help them know more about our sturgeon population. ;) ;D 8)Oh I mentioned something about a couple small raffle prizes for you guys, so fill out them form.

Marty Gingras
09-20-2005, 10:56 AM
Hello all,

As fishkiller mentioned in the first post, participants in the Sturgeon fest can help us (a lot) with estimating the abundance of sturgeon. *

One way is to allow us to measure and look for tags on your fish at the weigh-in.

The second way is to complete and send me a log of all the sturgeon you catch and release during the tournament. *We just need to know the species, length, and the number of any tag on each fish. *This would be the biggest help to us. *

At the following link you can download a small Word file that is a blank datasheet suitable for recording sturgeon you catch or catch-and-release.

http://www.filelodge.com/files/4872/STURGEON%20PILOT%20STUDY.doc

Feel free to email or snail-mail your datasheet to me, or to hand it to the DFG creel clerk who'll be at the weigh-in.

Thanks and good luck!

Marty Gingras
Senior Biologist Supervisor (Fisheries)
California Department of Fish and Game
Central Valley Bay Delta Branch
4001 North Wilson Way
Stockton, California *95205

Phone (209) 948-3702
email * mgingras@delta.dfg.ca.gov

fishkiller
09-20-2005, 04:20 PM
8)thanks marty 8)

NorCal_Bangers
09-20-2005, 08:55 PM
ill be handing in mine.....already got a FEW!!! ;) ;) on it from the beginning of the year....

NCB

ps...not as many as you KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dimpala95
09-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Since stripers are also included, are we going to keep track of them too? I have been doing so already but wanted to know if we are gong to keep track of them during the derby.

Marty Gingras
09-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Since stripers are also included, are we going to keep track of them too? I have been doing so already but wanted to know if we are gong to keep track of them during the derby.

Thanks for mentioning that Dimpala95, because I didn't realize stripers were included in the contest.

Unless it is too much bother, please do include stripers in your logs.

If you log a striper, just make some sort of note to indicate the species (e.g., put SB in the species/sex/length column).

Thanks again.

Marty Gingras
Senior Biologist Supervisor (Fisheries)
California Department of Fish and Game
Central Valley Bay Delta Branch
4001 North Wilson Way
Stockton, California 95205

Phone (209) 948-3702
FAX (209) 946-6355
email mgingras@delta.dfg.ca.gov

fishrman4life
09-21-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey, we're contributing valuable research by drinking and fishing. I wonder how valuable the information will be... ;D

fishkiller
09-21-2005, 11:08 PM
8)What we can do overnite for is worth more than 10k in wages for them out searching for them. Marty thinks that estamite is low and I agree.So everyone please fill out the form and think about what the DFG can do with the money we saved them just doin what we love to do. Oh almost for got. I hit Marty up for a raffle prize for you guys and marty gave Gold a once in a lifetime trip or oppertunity seeing what and where. It is a day with the DFG and Marty on there new research vessel the new alosa.. Be there all day with them netting fish tagging measuring each fish as it enters the boat.Thanks again Marty. ;) :o 8) This is a raffle prize FRom Marty and DFG. 8)

fishrman4life
09-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Thanks Marty for that little prize. I am looking forward to this a lot more knowing that plenty of people are contributing.

SturgeonHunter_420
09-22-2005, 04:44 AM
should we log what type of bait the fish was taken on? I don't know whether or not this has been brought up, but i was just wondering...

fishkiller
09-22-2005, 05:17 AM
8)print the form it will show you what is needed. No type of bait is needed .Just what type fish length weight m/f things like that. 8)Oh fisherman4life that is not a small prize,If you were me or one of the guys with many years fishin sturgy that prize would be invaluable to you. :o 8)

donzitroller
09-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Man this thing just keeps getting better! Thanks to all who have made it happen! It's tough sitting home waiting for tomorrow, not that I'm short of things to do before I can go, but what the heck! Been too long since I've done a marathon and this is gonna be a BLAST! See you all at the weigh in! FISH ON!

ywk42
09-22-2005, 06:31 PM
MARTY Wow hope I win your prize, I went to Davis many years age and went through their sturgeon program I would love to spend the day on the D F & G boat Thanks for the great prize... ;D G W

fishrman4life
09-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Sayin little to that prize is like saying you got a little diamond. I know its invaluable. Just commenting...jeez. :-/ ;) ;D ;D

dimpala95
09-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I just wanted to get this back to the top of the page. Come on guys, this is for those boat owner's out there that fished the derby. If you didn't turn in a data sheet please help out DF&G by filling one out and emailing it back to Marty.

fishrman4life
09-26-2005, 05:06 PM
I thought the DFG Reps that were out there took note of all the catches for us. Whats going on with all this? Are we supposed to fill one out or have they been filled out by the Reps? Give me a holler here fellas.

krzyfshrmn
09-26-2005, 06:34 PM
They just took data on all the legal fish. All the undersize and oversize fish that were caught and released need to be noted and sent in.

fishkiller
09-27-2005, 04:24 PM
8)I posted that all boat owners need to copy the form from martys post. And keep a record of fish caught and where the form was simple. It may jepardise us from asking for this prize again if they are not sent in. So if you like the prize and want to be able to ask again for it please fill it out. Marty came through now its your turn.Only 2 were turned in and by far 27gw had the most empressive sheet tally. Over 60+ stripers 50 + caught by one sweet striper goddess and the sturgeon all recorded categorized by size and location. Truely impressive and the mark of a true sportsman. Yates Kindreck 27 gw you sir are no doubt truly one outstanding gentleman and a fine sportsman. Im honored to know you and your wife and have you both as fishing partners and friends. Tight lines till we spill blood again . 8)

fishrman4life
09-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Roland already has his (as far as I know) turned in. I just emailed mine to Marty. I dont know how many I'll have to fill in when we net 'em LOL. We caught too many undersized stripers to list on one sheet. So Roland only noted his 5 lb striper to my knowledge.

fishkiller
09-27-2005, 08:00 PM
8)you could of tallyed them on the back be size bro like 27 gw but if you got most and email it thank you for a good job. Tight lines now that your cherry is popped LOL .

dimpala95
09-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Sunday, I emailed Marty our boat's tally. :) You know I wouldn't leave you hanging FK.

fishrman4life
09-27-2005, 08:24 PM
8)you could of tallyed them on the back be size bro like 27 gw but if you got most and email it thank you for a good job. Tight lines now that your cherry is popped LOL .

I listed all the sturgeon I got. The stripes were just too numerous and a little annoying. I dont think it would have been worth while to list em all anyway, since all were undersize and would have been hard enough just to get to sit still on the measuring board. I would like to make the experience as untraumatizing for the fish as possible. LOL And yes, now that the old cherry is popped, I want to go again in a couple weeks. I'll be on vacation from the 6th of Oct through the 21st. You game? I guess thats an impolite way to ask. Will the great FishKiller take the unworthy me fishing with him at some time in those two weeks PLEEEZ? ::) ::) 8) ;D

innovate
09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Will the great FishKiller take the unworthy me fishing with him at some time in those two weeks PLEEEZ? *::) ::) 8) ;D

fishkiller,

I say you take him only if you plan using him for bait. There's probably a lot more catfish like that 10lber+ you got in the derby. They're wanting some fresh fishrman4life dunked in bacon grease. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Roland

fishrman4life
09-27-2005, 08:40 PM
fishkiller,

I say you take him only if you plan using him for bait. There's probably a lot more catfish like that 10lber+ you got in the derby. They're wanting some fresh fishrman4life dunked in bacon grease. *;D ;D ;D ;D

Roland

And you wonder why I friggin hate you.... ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

fishkiller
09-28-2005, 03:39 AM
8)Send me an email and you and roland come up. roland can get his snare and a lesson too. 8)

fishrman4life
09-28-2005, 05:39 PM
That would be awesome, expect one before the weekend. :) :)