PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks from THEFISHKILLER

fishkiller
09-25-2005, 08:11 PM
8) 8) ;)First off I would like to thank every person who entered. I hope all had a great time and met some new people.As for the riders on my boat Chickfishin58, newtothegame, D-Back70,Forthekids I had one great time fishing with all of you and you are welcome aboard anytime. A big thanks to Marty and the DFG for there help they weighed and measured the fish in this event so there was no question about weight and length.Thanks to Dockside for being open and well stocked.A big thanks to Fishguts for meeting my wife at the marina to set up the BBQ it was a huge help and a great contrebution on his part.And all who helped out with prize donations and designs of flyers and forms.Let me first say that Stomper you and 420 were greatly missed in this event, I am sorry but I know you understand. And all prize winners enjoy . As for the money it was that smokin boat of mike jones jr. with almost a sweep in the cash . 1st went to Mike Jones jr 400.00 then it was Don Leiato for 2nd with 200.00 then Mike Nicol for third with 100.00. Rod reel went to forthekids and Inno won a reel for the striper prize and Mike Jones jr 8) won a reel for heaviest fish.Fisherman4life got the DFG trip .To all I thank you hope you had fun see you at the next event and if you got the form for Marty please email it to him.

innovate
09-25-2005, 08:20 PM
fishkiller,

The bigger props goes to you for planning and organizing the event. I'm sure everyone else would agree.

Roland

dimpala95
09-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Fishkiller, you got it wrong. You are to be thanked along with all those that assisted you behind the scenes. I know putting on such an event can be in pain in the butt but you pulled it off. Congrats to all the prize winners especially those that placed.

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 09:03 PM
Killer, it really is "US" who should be thanking you! For without your initiative, this thing never would have come together. I got to meet a bunch of new people and see some old friends as well! All of you who I shared Hornitos with Friday night, it's all your fault our boat came home skunked! Oh well, that's fishing! I wouldn't trade this weekend for an oversize hookup.. well, almost! :P

Killer, I'll be talking to you soon bout that raffle prize! I'm sure looking forward to it! You rock, my friend! Congrats on the job well done!

FISH ON!

Diamondback70
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
I want to thank Killer for the great info he showed me. The man knows his stuff. Also, Got to give props to the Mad Butcher - Captain Jim. This guy has a photo album of some of the nicest fish that I had ever seen. I've never seen a 68" Sturgeon cleaned in under 10 minutes. To my other friends out there, it was just a great time and hope to do it again real soon.

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Fish Killer , sounds like a wonderful week end for all winners or not. I think everyone is a winner just being able to particapate. The lady with me took ill Sat afternoon and we cut fishing short but we caught fish and it was a very nice day on the water.
Let me know who won the trip with Lucky Strike Fishing and I will try and give them a trip they will never forget. Rich

fishguts
09-25-2005, 11:30 PM
It was fun waiting to see the fish come in, like an expectant father. Nice fish folks.

FishHooker
09-26-2005, 05:41 AM
Thank you FishKiller and I look forward to the next one!!

And thanks to Olderfisherman for having me on his boat all weekend. The next time it can be my boat.

Nice to meet everyone and put a face with the names. See you all on the water.

Tight Lines!!

highasakite
09-26-2005, 06:23 AM
Killer,

Let me be another to say thanks to you for putting on this event. I look forward to our next one.

Congrats to all of the winners.

The way I looked at it I was winning this weekend regardless of whether I caught any fish or not. What could be better then 2 days of solid fishing with all of the experts in the region. (we did catch plenty by the way :)

Thanks again
Jon

krzyfshrmn
09-26-2005, 06:54 AM
Way to step up and get the event going Rob, and many thanks to everyone who donated prizes, and their time, to make this fun for everyone.

Look out next year Mike 8) ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
09-26-2005, 07:08 AM
dimpala. send me your $200 so i can place the order for more Plugs ;D ;D ;D Congrats man.

Bassassin
09-26-2005, 07:26 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said? The event was great fun and a success on all fronts. Thanks for getting it put together killer. I'm already looking forward to the next one.

SturgeonVirgin
09-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Kudos the killer, and sun for putting on a great event, had a lot of fun.

Just to prep ya'll for next year, I was sandbagging this time around, now that I got my snare on board, next derby will be different! :P

fishermen_chris
09-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Hey mr.T, it's hard to snare those grass shrimp ;D
As everyone has said thanks to the killer, great job and next year lets try for double ;D ;D

CHICKFISHING58
09-26-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey Killer,
What can I say that hasnít already been said by all of us I wanted to add that I have never done a Sturgeon fest before as you guys know I do the Pyramid get togethers I noticed a big difference as far as the radio for one now last year when Sunracer and the sturgeon boys came out to Pyramid to fish they wouldnít shut up on the radio ;D I didnít hear them at all out there I noticed there more competitive when it comes to fishing they donít want to give out the secret spots. I thought for sure that SS would of been in the derby seen his boat a few times I guess he was afraid I would out fish him ;D (JK) the prize money should of been lower because not all of the guys that signed up showed up those of you who didnít know killer made up the difference on the prize money so it wouldnít change and he paid for the barbeque all out of his own pocket $20.00 now days doesnít go very far. We had a great time on Killers boat it was nice to fish with guys that I have never met before Scott, John and Allen it was a pleasure to fish with you guys I hope you guys get a chance to try out Pyramid I really think you would enjoy it as well as the family would we had a few oh crap moments with the boat thank god the boys handled them as fast as they did Killer you do know your boat.
The Friday night get together was wonderful I met some of the sweetest guys they all treated me as if I was one of them so when Donz and Bassassin was passing around the hornitos well I just had to try some 3 shots later and 1 margarita I was a happy camper hey Doc you should taste the margaritas that Bassassin makes youíll love them Iíll post the 1 picture that I got that night it was of bassassin after his shots.
Olderfisherman had the grandpa to my boat nice looking Lund Capt Jim was full of surprise I wish I had a fishing book as nice as his he sure is a man of many talents I would love to see how he cleans trout. All in all it was a wonderful time great food great drinks and wonderful people. Hey Fisherman Chris good to see you again ::) Would like to see some of you guys at Pyramid it opens up Oct 1-June30th Thank you so much for sharing the weekend with me :-* ;)

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 08:53 AM
Great event guys.

Showed up Fri night with Krzy and Big T around 9:15PM met a bunch of new faces on Killers boat, Donzi, Bassasin, FF MYRL, Cap Jim, and more that I can remember, also some old faces, Chick, Dback, Killer, mjonesjr, outtabeer, lots of folks there, like Chick, I had a few of the happy juice shots and a margarita backer. bout the time I dunked my foot in the water Krzy said lets get going,, we met Mr_T and SS out by chain and hung ou there till morning, we tried fishing all over the delta and took turns sleeping and fishing, we had poles in the water just about the whole derby.. I was real suprized to find out Donzi and Bassasin were on the water at 3:00 or something like that after all the drinking that was taking place,, way to go guys, you can hang..tried the radio at about 1:00 in the AM and Dimpala was the only guy out there, it was a nice conversation at the wee hours of the morning..

Cap Jim can clean fish like a madman he made short work out of everybodys fish,, thank you for your efforts,job well done.

I think Big T got a real baiting lesson from Mr_T , he is a master when it comes to set ups, and the rod he made for me was fantastic, our boat only had one 30" Sturgeon and bunches of small Stripers and cats, Mr_T had a 37" fish and the same mix of trash fish.. SS though not in the derby had a nice 55" fish boated and Jim also had fish. it was a kick in the pants to find out that FishermanChris was in the same area that we started out in and had the most fish caught for the derby, We should have stayed there but hind site is 20/20.

It was real nice meeting everyone and I hope you all feel like puppy dip just like me this morn,, Donzi I need another shot!!!! and Krzy lets have another smoke..

Bassassin
09-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Iíll post the 1 picture that I got that night it was of bassassin after his shots.

I swear I was just resting my eyes prior to fishing. ::) ::) ::)

It was great meeting you. If there was an award for trooper of the weekend you would have be it. To make the long drive, party and fish with the guys all weekend, and then trek all the way back home...well, lets just say you impress the heck out of me. :)

dimpala95
09-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Sunracer, there were probably others still up but they were either too tired to talk or too tired to move and make the effort. I can tell you, we didn't get much of any sleep time on our boat. We had to stay up. We didn't bring our fish alarm bells to put on our rods. ;) ;D

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Dimp between Krzy and I we took turn sleeping but still only managed about 6 or 8 hours each since Friday, and no bells for us we just put em in the holder with the clickers on and drags set real low,, I did have 2 nice take downs after talking with you but was way to slow at the grab to set any hooks..stll had a lot of fun and I need a bigger boat..

fishrman4life
09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Thats the reason I dont kick the beer while I'm fishin. Slows the reaction time. ;) ;D ;D ;D But It was awesome even without. ;D ;)

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 02:30 PM
And before Krzy chimes in I'll be the first one to say we could have had fish to weight if I wern't so old and slow!!

Krzy lets smoke to that one wada ya say? we better hurry before there gone..

donzitroller
09-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Thats the reason I dont kick the beer while I'm fishin. Slows the reaction time. *;) ;D ;D ;D But It was awesome even without. *;D ;)
I'm usually slow on the draw unless I have a few.. it tends to loosen me up a bit.. bad part is, I wasn't up to any beer on Saturday! :-X

Sunracer, I'm just getting to the point where the thought of another shot doesn't make me quiver.. next time I see ya I'll be ready to rumble!

Chick, glad you made it home safe and sound, that's a rough drive on a Sunday for sure! Was great to meet ya, let's do that again soon!

So.. when is the striper derby? ;D

fishrman4life
09-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Im wondering the same thing...that and when is the superbowl sturgeon tourney? :D ;D

Ey Donzi...when do you want your shirt dude?

donzitroller
09-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Ey Donzi...when do you want your shirt dude?
Check your Pay Pal F4L.. ;)

mjonesjr
09-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Iíd like to thank:

Fishkiller -For all his work putting this together including his wife and son for the BBQ afterwards. 8)

Sunracer- For all the great prizes including for adding a prize after the fact. 8)

Capt Jim- For saving me the energy to clean those two fish after all that fishing. I was already filleting my fish but now my technique will improve. 8)

All those who entered: Too many to list. It was great see some friends I met from this board and some new ones from this event. ;D

Outtabeer: My fishing amigo for a great weekend of Sturgeon Stalkin and memories. :D

My Boat: Canít forget her, she did great. A little pre derby assistance from Killer helped too. ;)

Screaming Reels,

mjonesjr

newtothegame
09-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Killer ..hey sorry for the late post .. as you know I am finishing up moving ..the computer is still at the apt and not at the new house :) ......

I just wanted to say thanks as usual!! I had a great time ... met some great people :) .... and as always learned a lot from you.....

Cant wait to get out and get some more dinos soon! oh and by the way ... my g/f says to say hi .. she is warmin up her fishin pole!! lol ....

Thanks again!! Great tourney!