PDA

View Full Version : I'M SORRY! FOR COMMENTS HEARD AT THE DERBY

FF_MYRL
09-26-2005, 11:58 AM
I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN WHO WERE STANDING NEXT TO ME AT THE AWARDS, AFTER THE DERBY. I WAS UPSET WHEN A CALL WAS MADE (THAT I STILL FEEL IS VERY WRONG). I WAS SPEAKING MAN TO MAN AND SAID, "THATS A F******* B*** S*** CALL" I THEN REALIZED THERE WAS A COUPLE OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN STANDING NEAR ME AND FOR THAT I AM SORRY. NOT FOR WHAT I SAID, BUT FOR SAYING IT WHERE THEY COULD HEAR.

I WOULD LIKE TO ALSO ADD THAT I HAD A VERY GOOD TIME, AT THE DERBY. I ENJOYED MEETING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WAS THERE AND A REALLY BIG THANKS TO FISHKILLER / SUNRACER FOR PUTING THIS ON. I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL THE NEXT ONE.

AS FOR THE CALL THAT UPSET ME, PLEASE TELL ME IF I AM WRONG FOR BEING UPSET. (NOW REMEMBER, I DO NOT FEEL IT WAS DONE ON PURPOSE AND I AM NOT UPSET WITH ANYONE. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO HAVE THIS CLEARED BEFOR THE NEXT DERBY I ENTER.

HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED:
I CAUGHT THE SMALLEST STURGEON OF THE DERBY 46". I WAS REALLY HAPPY NOT ONLY WAS THIS MY FIRST LEGAL STURGEON EVER, BUT I NEW I HAD WON A NEW ROD AND REEL (FOR SMALLEST STURGEON). AT WEIGH INS, I STILL NEW I HAD THE SMALLEST STURGEON, AFTER SEEING EVERYONE ELSES FISH. THE NEXT TO SMALLEST FISH WAS 47" LONG. I WAS SUPER HAPPY! I HAD WON A NEW REEL AND POLE. BUT THEN THE PRIZES WHERE GIVIN OUT AND *IT CAME TO THE SMALLEST FISH PRIZE AND IT WAS NOT GIVEN TO ME. AND I ASKED FISHKILLER (ON THE SPOT)WHAT ABOUT MY FISH, IT WAS AN INCH SMALLER THAN HIS. KILLER SAID, YEAH, BUT HIS FISH WAS DEAD SO HE GETS A LENGTH AND WEIGHT PENALTY, WHICH MAKES HIS FISH SMALLER. AND THIS IS WHEN I MADE MY COMMENT "THATS A F****** B*** S*** CALL". IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT A PENALTY SHOULD NOT ALLOW YOU TO WIN. IF YOU ARE GOING FOR BIG FISH A PENALTY SHOULD SUBTRACT LENGH AND WEIGHT, IF YOU ARE GOIUNG FOR SMALL FISH PENALTY SHOULD ADD LENGHT AND WEIGHT TO YOUR FISH. I MAY BE WRONG, BUT THIS WOULD MEAN MY FISHING PARTNER FOR THE DERBY DIMPALA95 COULD HAVE TAKEN HIS 2ND PLACE FISH KILLED IT BEFORE WEIGH INS, AND BECAUSE OF THE PENALTY IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SMALLEST FISH AT 67.5". I WOULD JUST LIKE TO HEAR IF I AM WRONG FOR FEELING THIS WAY, OR NEXT TIME THAT I GO FOR SMALLEST FISH I SHOULD KILL MY FISH BEFORE WEIGH INS. FOR THE PENALTY.

NOW REMEMBER: I HAVE NO HARD FEELINGS TOWARDS ANYONE, AND I HAD A GREAT TIME. AND I DID WIN ONE OF THE TWO PRIZES FROM THE RAFFLE THAT I REALLY WANTED. I WON A CHARTERED FISHING TRIP WITH CATCH YOUR LIMIT GUIDE SERVICE, FOR SALMON. THE OTHER PRIZE I REALLY WANTED WAS THE STURGEON TRIP WITH MARTY.

THANK YOU, ALL FOR THE GREAT TIME.

jon_may
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
ouch! sounds like you got the shaft to me.....

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 12:11 PM
FF thats a good question and I didn't know it happened, maybe Killer will chime in on this, a penalty should not help you WIN a prize in my honest opinon.. I want to know the outcome of this ..Sunracer

Diamondback70
09-26-2005, 12:14 PM
The thing is that that fish was not legal. On the measure board, it measured out at 45 3/4", not 46". The DFG person measuring the fish had to put his weight on the fish to get it to 46". Even commented that he might have to take that fish back with him. :-/

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Dont sound right to me either, but I wasnt there so :-/

smithstation
09-26-2005, 12:16 PM
This sounds like it could be a touchy subject but I will put forth my 2cents.
In any tournament/derby I have ever fished a penalty can not count towards any prizes, only deductions in overall placement. BUT in every tournament there is always that little saying, final decision is up to the tournament/derby director :o. It is his call. I am not going to agree or disagree but just put forth the info I am aware of.
I also commend you on being aware of your actions(words said) infront of women and children. Not too many people would appologize or even give it a second thought. Well done and congrats on your first dino. ;)

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 12:26 PM
On FF behalf the DFG guy did list the fish @ 46" and did not take it so I guess it was 46" and the smallest fish,

FF , we'll keep this real simple,*I'm gona send you a rod and reel, you won it in my eyes and deserve it, seeing how you won a charter for Salmon Im sending a Salmon rig *(Sunracer)

*FF check your PM..Tom

Steve_M
09-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Sunracer, Way to go dude! *:) ;) Class act.

ITUKAWAL
09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Tom, I'm fishin' with you from now on. I know if I get skunked you'll give me your limit ;D ;D

Seriously though - good move Sun 8) 8) 8)

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Well fair is fair and he won it fair and square,, seeing how I lined up those prizes I'll take care of what needs to be rectified,, From fellow Sniffer to Fellow Sniffer...

SturgeonHunter_420
09-26-2005, 12:55 PM
yup FF, you should have gotten that win. I dont agree with the call he made. But sunracer is a good guy. He will take care of you like you deserve to be treated. Next time, he should put together a derby.

Loves-to-Fish
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Props to you Tom (Sunracer). Sounds fishy to me. I wish I could have been there. Either way you have resolved the issue. Hopefully it gets all settled. Takes alot to say your sorry FF, and admit when wrong when blurting out some cuss words. Props to you too!

LTF ;D

Bassassin
09-26-2005, 02:04 PM
dback is right; I was standing right there when he measured it. When it measured out at 45 3/4" he gave it a good push and said "ok, 46". If it was one of the power trippers from F&G it could have went a different direction.

Having said that, once he recorded the fish at 46" I think it should have won smallest. When it was announced forthekids won I was surprised and didn't know why, but in the exhausted stupor I was in I didn't give it a second thought.

FF props to you on the apology. It happens to the best of us. A good man knows when to step up and say I was wrong.

Sun, major props to you; you are as stand up as they come.

FF_MYRL
09-26-2005, 03:06 PM
SUNRACER, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY. THANK YOU!!!! VERY MUCH.

ON THE OTHER HAND THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE FISH BEING UNDER SIZE. WHEN MARTY FIRST MESSURED IT HE SAID IT WAS 45 7/8" HE THEN MESSURED IT 2 MORE TIMES AND IT WAS JUST 46". I TALK TO MARTY ABOUT THIS AND TOLD HIM THAT WHEN I MESSURED IT ON MY BOAT IT WAS 46 1/4", AND HE ASKED ME HOW I MESURED IT I TOLD HIM, IT WAS MY FIRST LEGAL STURGEON AND THE BAIT SHOP HAD SHOWED ME HOW TO MESSURE THEM. I TOLD HIM I TOOK MY METAL TAPE FROM THE TIP OF HIS NOSE ALONG HIS BACK TO THE TIP OF HIS TAIL. THATS WHEN MARTY TOLD ME THAT MEASUREMENT IS ALWAYS A LITTLE LONGER THAN A SIDE MEASUREMENT. MARTY SAID, AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET THE FISH TO MEASURE 46" WITHOUT STRECHING THE TAPE, YOU ARE LEGAL. MARTY CALLED IT LEGAL 46". I WOULD NOT TAKE A CHANCE ON THE PENALTIES OF FISH AND GAME TO BRING IN AN UNDER SIZE FISH FOR THEM TO MEASURE (I KNEW THEY WERE GOING TO BE AT THE WEIGH IN). I WORK TO HAD FOR MY GEAR TO HAVE IT TAKEN BY THE STATE.

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 03:09 PM
FF send me your address.. ;)

FF_MYRL
09-26-2005, 03:11 PM
I always type in caps at work. I will no longer type in caps here.

krzyfshrmn
09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I was standing right next to the board when it was measured, and it was 46 inches with a minor push. But in any case, the dead fish penalty made FortheKids' fish undersize. How does an undersize fish win the smallest Sturgeon prize. ??? ??? ???

fishrman4life
09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey, killer said the smallest legal fish wins the small fish prize. Seems as if both fish were technically undersized. I think neither should have won it, but I dont know how it would have worked. I think both getting the prize was a class act on sunracer's part. Good job men. Lets just keep this light. Congrats fellas.

F4L

fishkiller
09-26-2005, 07:12 PM
8)Well I will tell you why you did not get the prize. When I walked up the DFG Personnel informed me of your fish not being legal length, and had to push on it to get it to 46 inches. He was going to take the fish but decided after talking with the young woman that was there they would let you keep your fish.FF maryl you were very close to being fined for that fish and they cut you some slack you should be thankful.Now if you feel entering a fish that has to be pushed on to make length to win a prize is fair you are in the wrong company of fisherman.I gave the rod and reel to the person with the smallest legal fish .I could of stood there and told everyone your fish was 45 3/4 inches and had DFG back it up.But rather than imbarress you infront of everyone present I used the penalty to award the prize. Then your comment , not much self control around women and children that is unfortunate .But it is your doing not mine. I was going to call you today but read this , so there it is you whined enough to get sunracer to buy you a rod and reel. I told him you dont deserve it.But if it makes you feel better take the rod and reel.And everytime you look at it remmember 45 3/4 inches Rodney. 8) P>S ask your fishing partner that day, he will tell you same as me short your lucky you did not get fined. 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey, killer said the smallest legal fish wins the small fish prize. Seems as if both fish were technically undersized. I think neither should have won it, but I dont know how it would have worked. I think both getting the prize was a class act on sunracer's part. Good job men. Lets just keep this light. Congrats fellas.

F4L
Im starting to realy like this guy :D

fishguts
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
The one thing I have observed at derbies is that something is always going to happen to make someone unhappy because even if the rules are followed,someone will always interpret them differently. I saw it at a Kokanee derby where the same fish was measured by the same guy and each time it was a big difference, he kept measuring it because he kept forgetting the score and writing it down. The Rio Vista Bass derby is so ripe with problems lie detector tests are now mandatory. Why can't people just shake hands, agree or disagree and just move on.
That said, I had to observe on the fringes of this derby and overall it looked like the derby went smoothly and I saw alot of tired, but happy faces and some real nice fish.
This was a first derby and everyone learned something from it which can only make it better next time. Rules are rules and thats just the way it is. Now lets shake hands and wave at each other on the water and make it better next year.

mjonesjr
09-26-2005, 09:34 PM
The one thing I have observed at derbies is that something is always going to happen to make someone unhappy because *even if the rules are followed,someone will always interpret them differently.

I had to observe on the fringes of this derby and overall it looked like the derby went smoothly and I saw alot of tired, but happy faces and some real nice fish.
This was a first derby and everyone learned something from it which can only make it better next time. Rules are rules and thats just the way it is. Now lets shake hands and wave at each other on the water and make it better next year.

I can see that happening ??? :-/ ??? In the end I think everyone was happy with the final outcome and lessons learned for next time. 8)

Screaming Reels,

mjonesjr

FF_MYRL
09-27-2005, 05:06 AM
killer
My fishing partner is the one that helped me measure my fish on my boat. We both called it a legal fish. After I posted this topic my fishing partner pm me to tell what happened after I left.

After the weigh ins my partner had drinks with you on your boat. He argued with you the fish was legal and he said, you agreed the fish was legal, but the rules say the length and weight penalty makes the larger dead fish a winner.

hey killer,
Do you remember when I walked up to the weigh in area, what you said. You walked up to me and asked how long is my fish and I told you 46 1/4". You said,(before the fish was even measured) that my fish was alive so I was going to loose the small fish. At that time I thought you were joking and said, would you like for me to thump it in the head and kill it first.Then you just walked away.

So do not not give me the b.s. that you came up with the penalty fish should win, because my fish was under sized. You had already made that decision, before my fish was measured.

There are two main things you can do to have me dislike you, one is steal the other is lie. I can not get along with either one of those type people.

Then you called me a whiner, I am not whining I just posted what happened. Face it killer, an ace is an ace and a spade is a spade. I call it the way I see it and if I make a bad call, I will admit it.

FF_MYRL
09-27-2005, 05:09 AM
To everyone else at the derby, I still had a great time meeting you all. I would love to do it again someday, but next time hopefully I will have big fish instead of little fish.

Hogsbro
09-27-2005, 05:11 AM
I have a suggestion for the next strugeon derby. Do away with the smallest legal fish prize! ;)

sunracer1957
09-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey guys this could go back and forth for a lot more post and this derby was meant to be fun for everybody so lets put an end to the bad talk right now!! there were bad calls made by more than one person and thats in the past.. I for one had a great time and wanted everyone to have a great time so lets not be fisher boys and start being fisherman!!

I can see both sides of the coin and yes both have valid points, but like I said before this is an easy fix and I'm going to follow through with what I already said I would do, I don't want this to hang over our heads if we have another derby and things will be more defined, remember this was the first one and were still learning, so cut us some slack.

This board is for our enjoyment so we can share what we love with folks who care, it affords us the oppertunity to put together fun outings and meet new friends, tell stories and lies,, so lets all go fishing and quit crying over spilled milk!! Tom

FF_MYRL
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Lets all put a end to this post, like sunracer has recomended. I did not mean for this post to get ugly. please post no more on this subject.

Thanks again Sunracer.

CHICKFISHING58
09-27-2005, 07:43 AM
PEACE AND LOVE :-* :-* :-*

fishkiller
09-27-2005, 01:47 PM
8)FF you are sadly mistake about what happened on my boat, if that is what you were told that was not right.Your fish was not 46 inches long face it. They pushed on it to get it there. there for it sshould not of been entered. Face it you lost and you dont like it, nor can you measure correctly. Just as you said 45 7/8 is not 46 inches face it you lost get over it.Have fun with the new rod. 8)

sunracer1957
09-27-2005, 01:53 PM
SS lock this post!!!

fishkiller
09-27-2005, 01:57 PM
8)why, so very typical of some. 8)