PDA

View Full Version : Home From Sturgie Fest

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 04:07 PM
It felt so good to get home and take a HOT STEAMY shower! All I've got to say is that I had a GREAT time this weekend! Thanks to FISHKILLER for organizing this event and thanks to Sunracer for getting so many prizes together. Also thanks to all the others who contributed in any way. It was really cool to meet most of you, those who I didn't meet I apologize.. there were so many people it was hard to meet everyone. Even though Team Bassassin went home with a big skunk, it is considered a HUGE success finally getting to put names to faces! (Bassassin will probably call it Team Donzi due to the skunk >:() I can't wait to do it again and hope everyone makes it home safe and sound! Till next time, FISH ON!

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 04:16 PM
P.S. Our bucket was only used for trash! :P

Diamondback70
09-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey Donzi, you said it brother! What a blast out there. Met some great people and learned a lot more about sturgeon. I also learned that Hornitos?? is some pretty good tequilla ;D

PlugROCKSTAR
09-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Hey Donzi, you said it brother! What a blast out there. Met some great people and learned a lot more about sturgeon. I also learned that Hornitos?? is some pretty good tequilla ;D

diamondback, I didn't know you got the Rocket back on the water 8) 8) i'm glad you made it out bro. it's been awhile for you.

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 04:30 PM
DBack, right on man! Was great to meet ya! Ahh, yes, Hornitos.. anybody ready for another shot? ;D

fishrman4life
09-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I would like to thank Fishkiller, sunracer, Fishermen_Chris for taking us aboard and getting us into some nice pigs, and to all the others that helped and contributed in any way to make this derby what it was. I really and sincerely appreciate all the effort put into this event. It aint everyday that a guy like me gets to experience things on the caliber of what I did this weekend. It was excellent to meet the sturgeon gods and godesses that I saw at the weigh-in and even out of the event (Stomper ;) ). The knowledge I learned about bait, rigs, the fish itself, tides, floods, incoming, outgoing, etc. is invaluable and thank everyone who helped me in receiving that knowledge. All in all, I had a BLAST. I hope we get to do this again same time next year.

F4L

(PS: SOOOO CLOSE (4th place)...and congrats to those who won.)

Oh yea... Once those pictures come out...they are going right into the Sturgeon Pics thread...I guarantee it.

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 04:34 PM
F4L, weekends like these are a fantastic learning experience but wait till you go out with DFG! You are gonna dig that man, and pay attention.. and don't forget to PM me with the waypoints! LOL.. Great to meet you this weekend! FISH ON!

innovate
09-25-2005, 06:54 PM
donzitroller,

It was nice finally getting to meet you man! Didnt know you were from around my neck of the woods. We'll have to hook up and fish soon.

fishrman4life,

Glad you had a good time kickin' some Sturgy-butt. C'mon, give it up - you owe me and Chris some wobbly pops and a bbq at your pad. Just make sure you dont wear your "Kiss The Cook" apron when you cook for us. LOL! ;D ;D ;D

Roland

beldenbill
09-25-2005, 07:17 PM
I too had a great time this weekend with my fishing buddy (fish hooker) this weekend and meeting some new sniffers and renewing old friendships.
It was nice to see BIG FAT sturgeon breaching in Monte this morning,,but The most rewarding thing turned out to happen in Suisun slew Sat. about 7:pm as we were headed home for a night's rest,almost. I decided to stop at a spot that I caught a 11# striper early in the year. After we had fished for a short while a 30" house boat came around the bend amd honked so I waived,then they got even with us and the engine died and the air smelled of electrical wires and they started drifting toward us. Some lady asked would you tow us? I said I can't tow that big thing. When they drifted into the tullies I decided I should do the right thing so I towed them to Suisun Marina. When I got them to the dock they told me that they were out to spread the ashes of the owner of the boat that had died 2 weeks ago and they were able to complete the task while we were towing them in. I was wondering why nobody seemed to be tending the helm.
They made it woth my time and I got stopped and thanked again Sun. on my way back in from a passinger on the boat. I'm very glad i did it!!
:) :)

FortheKids
09-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I would lie to thank Fiskiller for hooking this event up, hooking me up with my 1st sturgy, pretty exicting! Thanks as well to new to the game, chick, and Dback, they all helped school this rookie and make for a great time.I would like to thank all the sponsors and those who entered, making the prizes and raffle items available, hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I got to meet several of you at the weigh in, just hope I can remember everyone when the mental fog clears! congrats to all the winners! Have fun, and take a kid fishin !
Edit: Hats off to you, twas a good thing you have done!

Bassassin
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
It was a great weekend and a fantastic event. It was a lot of fun finally putting a face with so many names. What a quality group of people. I'm so glad I got to meet each and everyone of you and look forward to fishing with you in the future. It was great to get back on the water with those of you I already do know. Always a pleasure fishing around killer, great to get some water time beside GW, and always a blast fishing with Donzi. Despite a boat load of shakers and not a keeper to be found I enjoyed it all...well, all but that nasty hangover we both suffered through Saturday AM... ::)

Congratulations to our winners. You guys boated some great fish! Team MJ (mjonesjr and outtabeer) busting our for 1st and 3rd and Dimpala taking 2nd. You guys kicked some @ss and hold bragging rights until the next time. All I can say is, look out; we'll be back next year... 8)

A huge thanks to Fishkiller for putting it on. Great job buddy! Thanks again to everyone who contributed. Thanks to everyone who participated. It was truly a GREAT event!

donzitroller
09-25-2005, 09:18 PM
all but that nasty hangover we both suffered through Saturday AM... ::)
Maybe it would have been better had I dropped that Hornitos bottle off the back of Killer's boat! :P

Seriously though, it was a great weekend on the water, regardless of the fishing (Except the A** kickin I got when I got home for coming home empty handed)! We'll get em next time Jason!

GW, great to see you on the water again!

Older Fisherman, that's a great thing that you did, you've got some tremendous fishing kharma coming your way!

iNnOvAtE, great to meet you too! Let's get together sometime soon and hook it up!

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 09:54 AM
Donzi

I'll have another,, can you send someone up here with it asap I need a hair of the dog,, I Feel like CRAP!!!

Bassassin
09-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Sun, I can promise you are not alone in that regard. I'm trying to look at it positively; feeling horrible today is just a reminder of the fun weekend. 8)

sunracer1957
09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Oh I deff had a good time this weekend and would do it over in a heartbeat but I still fell like CRAP!!! it's all Donzi falt he knows I can't drink Tequilla and kept making me drink more and more, then sent me fishing, it was all planned out, get em drunk and send em fishing,, they said no cheating guys but thats bending the rules.

It was great meeting you guys now lets go do it again how bout tommorow?

Bassassin
09-26-2005, 10:24 AM
Just think; I was stuck with the guy all weekend. ;D

You name the time and place and we'll do it again. I think I'll bring a smaller bottle of tequilla this time. 8)