PDA

View Full Version : What is a good tide for Sturgeon???

redherring
09-07-2005, 07:49 AM
I am intrested in doing some Sturgeon fishing this year and was wondering what are considered "ideal" tides for Sturgeon fishing??? And as far as areas, do you generally look for water that has alot of current or water that is slow??? I would consider myself a very novice fisherman when it comes to Sturgeon fishing, but would definitely like to know and learn more, can someone point me in a direction in which I could learn more about gear, rigging, detecting a bite, etc...That would kind of put me in the right direction. Thanks to all ahead of time.

innovate
09-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Seems that most my luck comes at the first two hours of the outgoing tide.

FF_MYRL
09-07-2005, 10:06 AM
I LIKE TO FISH THE FIRST TWO HOURS BEFORE AND AFTER TIDE CHANGES.

fishkiller
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
8)I like them all. 8)

tankgrunt
09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Max flow during a BIG ebb tide 8)

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-07-2005, 10:00 PM
8)I like them all. 8)

Thays cause we have nothing better to do ::) ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Ill run 2 before and 2 after...Other wise you might catch me sleeping ::) ::)

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-07-2005, 10:04 PM
High tide that is :P

Now about that bridge 8)

Lucky_Strike__Rich
09-20-2005, 06:20 AM
New to Sturgeon fishing?? A lot of folks charter my services because they spend alot of time fishing for Sturgeon and not catching. I suggest you go with someone who has done it alot and you will see what kind of equipt. is used and what the bite looks like.Sturgeon fishing is not like any other kind of fishing.I like any tide that has 21/2 ft of movement or more. I do not like big minus tides either.Small tides are a waste of time. The fish do not move around and it is hard to keep your boat streight, especilly if you have a little wind. You can go on Party boats for around $70.00. My services are some what higher. This will save you alot of time and make your chances greater of catching fish. Rich LuckyStrikeFishing.com

fishguts
09-20-2005, 07:32 AM
I like a 3ft swing in the tides.

PS. You don't have to pay high $$$$ for a sturgeon trip, go to the hitchhikers board, post up and ask for a ride or see who has a seat available. Most just ask to be on time, chip in for bait and gas and have some form of common sense.

GCinGV
09-21-2005, 07:06 AM
After reading the Sturgeon post for a few years I noticed that it seems like the guys who fish the upper delta and rivers prefer the high end of the tides and the guys who fish the lower delta and bay seem to like the lower end of the tide. Could there be any logic to this? To a degree do the fish move up and down the system with the tides?
Any thoughts?
GC