PDA

View Full Version : Bait for the deby doors open at 4am

fishkiller
09-14-2005, 07:33 PM
8) ;DOk guys check it out you can call and reserve bait at Dockside market and bait for the deby if you wish. I would say do it if you launch later than 4 am. The owners of the bait shop will have plenty of bait for the derby and will be open at 4am just for us. As you know alot of people read the boards and now know the bait shop will be open. I encourage all of you to launch at the pittsburg launch for one reason , there is not alot of room to tie up boats for weigh in and raffle and bbq. You can launch and park next to bait shop.You will need to buy your beer the night before cause beer cannot be sold till 6 am. ;D 8)

Bassassin
09-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Special note for Donzi...BEER/TEQUILLA/GRAND MARINIER/CONTRIEU CANNOT BE SOLD BEFORE 6AM. 8) ;D

donzitroller
09-14-2005, 08:35 PM
You will need to buy your beer the night before cause beer cannot be sold till 6 am. ;D 8)
Oh dang, almost forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder! Bassassin would have a VERY LONG day on the water fishing with me without some kind of nerve agent! :P

Bassassin
09-14-2005, 08:39 PM
MAN that is so wrong...you know I love you with or without alchohol....preferrably with. 8)

fishrman4life
09-14-2005, 11:08 PM
I'll probably pick up my bait the night before. How do you keep ghost shrimp, pile worms, and eel? Can someone help me out here? I know most eel you can probably freeze. But how about the other 2? This definately shows my inexperience. ;)

fishkiller
09-15-2005, 04:49 AM
8)Bassassin & Donzi dont forget the premade container of the mix master special. Dont wanna loose any reg forms. ;D ;D ;D ;D. As for bait when you get to the bait shop buy your self a styrofoam bait box, they are cheap. they will show you at the bait shop as they are putting yer bait in it.keep the bottom full of ice. ;) 8)

SturgeonVirgin
09-15-2005, 04:59 AM
MAN that is so wrong...you know I love you with or without alchohol....preferrably with. 8)

You two should get a room! ;)

SturgeonVirgin
09-15-2005, 05:22 AM
8) ;DOk guys check it out you can call and reserve bait at Dockside market and bait for the deby if you wish. I would say do it if you launch later than 4 am. The owners of the bait shop will have plenty of bait for the derby and will be open at 4am just for us. As you know alot of people read the boards and now know the bait shop will be open. I encourage all of you to launch at the pittsburg launch for one reason , there is not alot of room to tie up boats for weigh in and raffle and bbq. You can launch and park next to bait shop.You will need to buy your beer the night before cause beer cannot be sold till 6 am. ;D 8)

Brings up a good point;
start time is lasted as 4:00 a.m this is not, the time to leave the dock but rather I assume the time we can begin fishing correct? Planning on being on the water by then.

fishkiller
09-15-2005, 05:37 AM
8)You may start fishing at 4 am. If you are on the water before then it is ok, but how many can resist putting there line in. So with that said ,if someone did start early it your honor not mine . If someone feels they have to cheat to win your definately in the wrong derby cause this one is about honor , ability , sportsmanship,and big a$$ BRAGGIN RIGHTS. ;) :o 8)

SturgeonVirgin
09-15-2005, 06:18 AM
8)You may start fishing at 4 am. If you are on the water before then it is ok, but how many can resist putting there line in. So with that said ,if someone did start early it your honor not mine . If someone feels they have to cheat to win your definately in the wrong derby cause this one is about honor , ability , sportsmanship,and big a$$ BRAGGIN RIGHTS. ;) :o 8)

Ditto that. I plan on being on the water ready to fish at the start time, but I will NOT have lines in the water until. Perhaps we should have a start time broadcast over VHF?

Bassassin
09-15-2005, 12:42 PM
You two should get a room! ;)

I have to be nice to the guy filling my live well with adult beverages. ;D

donzitroller
09-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I know for a fact I am much better looking when I'm full-o-tequila! ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-15-2005, 04:51 PM

If theres a need to cheat then you probably shouldnt be there ;)

Mr.Pescador
09-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Does this mean I should un-tie the fish I have hidden? ;) ::)

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-15-2005, 06:25 PM
Ill bring my own bait, early even ;D

SturgeonVirgin
09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I have to be nice to the guy filling my live well with adult beverages. ;D

Not sure where my mind is, but even that sounds a lil strange!! Seriously read it back out loud... :o

Bassassin
09-15-2005, 08:45 PM
After coming up with that, I don't even want to know what's going to be happening on the cantina once it gets dark... ;D

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Not sure where my mind is, but even that sounds a lil strange!! Seriously read it back out loud... :o

Only a fisherman could say somthing like that 8)

Intimidator
09-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Did i miss it?

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-15-2005, 09:02 PM
Did i miss it?

Yea, you had to be there :D

Hogsbro
09-16-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm sending the registration for my boat and three(maybe four) fishermen. My question is this, and maybe its been covered in the other post but I do not feel like wading through all that stuff to find out. If someone on the boat catches a good fish, and you want to weigh in early will we able to do it at the bait shop any time during legal fishing while they are open at least?

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-16-2005, 03:21 PM
I'm sending the registration for my boat and three(maybe four) fishermen. *My question is this, and maybe its been covered in the other post but I do not feel like wading through all that stuff to find out. *If someone on the boat catches a good fish, and you want to weigh in early will we able to do it at the bait shop any time during legal fishing while they are open at least?
Good question cause the fish must be alive, so I would think so ;)

Bassassin
09-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm pretty sure killer said fish can be weighed at Dockside Bait and Tackle in Pittsburg at anytime.

fishkiller
09-16-2005, 06:55 PM
8)You can weigh a fish anytime the bait shop is open yes. 8)