PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp question for sturgeon fest

SturgeonVirgin
09-06-2005, 06:57 AM
What is the preferred ramp to use in the Pittsburg area? (before the smart remarks start, asking for a public/pay ramp, not "the one I launch from") ;)

Have not been there before, thought I might check it out before the derby.

fishguts
09-06-2005, 07:07 AM
Its a three land ramp at the Marina, its a nice ramp and easy to put in and take out and protected so if the wind comes up its not too difficult to put in or take out. Theres a bathroom there also. Free launch and now that the bait shop has been moved closer you can walk over to pick up your bait but I would suggest getting it before putting in since leaving your boat moored can cause a bit of a back up. The paved parking lot is small but there is larger lot next to it by the bait shop also to park.

STURGEONSTOMPER
09-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Take hwy 4 and its Railroad somthin or anouther ;D

JIM_D.
09-06-2005, 07:54 AM
Someone should speak to the bait shop owner to be sure he will be stocked up on bait for the event. I'm sure no one wants to get there and not have any bait left. JIM D.

DinoBlaster
09-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Would we need to order bait? Whats the name of the bait shop too?

Bassassin
09-06-2005, 10:19 AM
The City of Pittsburg public boat launch is the launch most of us will use. It is as nice as any free public launch you will ever see. Dockside Bait and Tackle is the name of the bait shop right next door. Get your bait, then drive right next door to launch. Don't think of launching and then getting bait, UNLESS you are going to drive in the boat over to the marina to get said bait. There is nothing worse than some idiot that takes more than 5 minutes to launch and clear the dock for someone else. It's just rude...

SS hit it on the directions. It is relatively easy to find.

fishrman4life
09-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey Chris, do you want me and Roland to bring the bait? Where would I get it here in Sacramento? If you want to just have us pay ya back, we can do that too. Right Roland? ;D ;D

FISHINFOOL
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey guy's,
I got all the weights we could ever need if we need.I got enough to sink the boat & can make more ;D ;D
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf/Mod@gunsbay.com

fishrman4life
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
lets see....weights..weights....ahhhhhh weights..CHECK! 8) ;D

fishkiller
09-07-2005, 04:49 AM
8)The pittsburg launch is on Marina ave in pittsburg. The launch is very nice. You can also park next to the bait shop on the dirt part some will park thereand sleep in vehicles as not to sleep on the water.I see the bait shop owner all the time he will have bait we need to get everyone reg in .The launch is off hwy 4 railroad ave north to end make left stop sighn make right follow around launch on right side.hwy 4 west bound railroad exit is closed take railroad harbor exit, at light make left next light right go to end make left go to end make right follow around to launch on right.