PDA

View Full Version : Little help for a big fish

sneak1000
08-29-2005, 01:29 PM
I have fished a few times for Sturgies out in San Pablo bay in the "Triangle" and have come up with nothing more than a muddy anchor and a churning stomach :-X. I fished one time next to a huge Chevron oil tanker (cant remember where it was exactly) and nothing. I have all the desire in the world but zero knowlage about these fish you refer to as Dino's. Anything I should be doing or going to enhance my probabilities of actually useing my tail snare? ; ;D

fishkiller
08-29-2005, 01:59 PM
8)anytime you wanted to go fishing send me an Im and I will teach you what you need to know. 8)

newtothegame
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
my word of advice ...take the invite .. so far me and my g/f are 2 for 2 in getting dino's with fishkiller ...

comfy boat ..and definitely a wealth of knowledge .. a priceless education for sure!!

hey we got pics to prove it :) ... go get em !!

jon_may
08-30-2005, 06:55 AM
fishkiller, where do you fish? i've done real well at mbf but have never fished san pablo.... just looking for some fresh water!

fishkiller
08-30-2005, 06:23 PM
8)you would be better off finding cold clean saltwater 8)

jon_may
08-31-2005, 07:15 AM
8)you would be better off finding cold clean saltwater 8)
maybe thats the problem... thanks for the help :(

sneak1000
08-31-2005, 11:15 AM
So...the triangle would not be a good place to fish? Its named the STURGEON TRIANGLE!!! Then again I never see anyone out there fishing.
Good clean saltwater...hmm...in California??? LMAO

fishkiller
09-01-2005, 12:56 AM
8)they are there you just got to find them, this time of year there closer to the channel ,out on the edge about 50 ft. and yea got to have the right bait. 8)

fishermen_chris
09-01-2005, 07:25 AM
Tank and I fish San Pablo all times of the year with good results. Better in the cooler months but they are there year round.

Supperman
09-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Sneak,
You can catch dinos in SPB all year 'round but from my experience it is better Jan-March. Grass shrimp NE of hte pumphouse in 6-8 ft. of water is good. Between the pumphouse and the channel in 15-20 ft. of water is good. watch for any changes in the bottom..they like to lay in small depressions.

Now China camp or the mouth of the Petaluma river are good. Watch for shallow water, it's not hard to wind up stuck...

Then again, it sounds like Fishkiller has some kind of mojo goin!

Fish On!

tankgrunt
09-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Tank and I fish San Pablo all times of the year with good results. Better in the cooler months but they are there year round.

Also look for BIG tides. 6+ foot swings in the ebb tide have always ended with sturgeon being landed in SPB.