PDA

View Full Version : Fishkiller has done it again!

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Guess what yesterday Fishkiller my dad took out newtothegame and his girlfriend out to sturgeon fish over night and guess what this morning newtothegame girlfriend had caught her 1st sturgeon ever with help from Fishkiller.My dad has done it again ;D
Details and pics to follow later : ;)

* * * * * * *Fishkiller Jr.

newtothegame
08-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Hello all!!

Actually Newtothegame is still looking for his first :) legal dino... however, Fishkiller did get my girlfriend her FIRST dino ever and it was legal! Woo hooo!!!!

Went out on an overnite adventure and after a little bit of wind over nite and a few shaker stripers later ...went over to the fleet and made a couple of moves before we hooked up with her first dino!!

Ok...ok... technically it was Fishkillers rod that went down while he was tending to other matters ... my g/f was closest to the rod .....the tip of the rod went down and the pole pointed straight towards the water .... then the entire rod began a quick slide towards the water... i yell ... "grab the pole ...grab the pole.." she has her pole in one hand and grabs his pole with her other hand and sets the hook .... the rest is history!!

We tell Killer that its his rod ..come get it ... no he insists that she brings in the fish!! Her eyes are wide open ... rod is bent ...reel has line going out ....what a site!!

Killer continues giving her direction as it gets closer to the boat ..it made a few runs under the boat ..and he then proceeds to snare the fish ... of course on the first try! lol Made it look easy ....

A few high fives later and the fish is tied to the boat with the Fishkiller Sturgeon Special Stringer (more details coming soon lol)

Special thanks to Fishkiller for letting her bring it in ... I don't think many people would give up their pole in the heat of the moment to a newbie fisherperson! It totally made her weekend ... pics to follow .. I can't figure out how to load the pics so they have been forwarded for posting.....

Big Thanks again to the Fishkiller!!

~~~ Newtothegame ~~~

newtothegame
08-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Whoops .... by the way ... measurement was 49" ... did not have a way of weighing the fish ... so we will have to guesstimate the weight when you see the pics ... Beautiful fish though!!

We are going to try our first deep fried Sturgeon tomorrow nite!! Looking forward to it!!

fishguts
08-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Congrats, save some of that dino and smoke it.

donzitroller
08-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Congrats on the keeper! Killer has a knack for getting into the fish, and he loves getting people their first fish.. kind of a specialty of his! Glad to hear that this one didn't get off the rope! :P Looking forward to the fish-a-thon!

FISH ON!

newtothegame
08-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Thanks Donzi! Lookin forward to the get together next month too!! Im sure my g/f is doing everything in her power to get that weekend off lol ....

CHICKFISHING58
08-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Right on you gotta love the killer even if you dont catch one ;D ;)

Fishkiller_Jr.
08-29-2005, 03:48 PM
;)Yep yeah still got to love him because eventually you will catch one out on his boat like newtothegames girlfriend. ;)

Fishkiller Jr.

donzitroller
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Here are the pics:
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/sherriwithdino.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/Onthewaytotheboat8_28_05.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/SherriandFishkillerherfirstdino8_28_05.jpg
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/Stringerpic2.jpg

donzitroller
08-29-2005, 05:34 PM
Oops.. forgot one!
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/526/Scottwith41inchdinombf8_21_05withfishkiller.jpg

fishkiller
08-29-2005, 05:48 PM
8)yep that was one fun morning Scott Sherri loved havin yea aboard, she is one serious fisherwoman and she can lay down the smack to boot bet scotts ears are still hummin.Hey guys check out that new sturgy stringer in the pics I make them and sell them to custom for the hieght of your gunnels. It aint braggin if you can back it up ha sherri.<<<<THEFISHKILLER>>>>>>>>>>>> ;) :o 8)

ywk42
08-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Since when do you have to brag....It's just a simple a fact 8) you the man.. 8) I will know after my wednesday Dr's appointment when I can get back on the water, till then I only dream of being spooled, throwing the rod and reel attached to the bouys in and the chase is on :) ... :) G W

donzitroller
08-29-2005, 08:21 PM
GW, I'm anxious to give your buoy method a try! Gotta hook something big enough first!

Killer, what's the story with your sturgy stringer? How is it made and how much would it cost to have one made?

Chompin at the bit to hit the H2O with some stink!

FISH ON!

newtothegame
08-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Donzi ... those stringers are pretty slick ... worked like a charm ... when Fishkiller first showed me I was like ...wow ..pretty cool set up .. definitely dont have to worry about the fish gettin loose ... plenty of movement for the fish and no problem at all keepin it alive .... its a great idea ... Sherri made history and got to see her first fish on Killers Sturgy Stringer!! :)

just another fishkiller first lol ....

fishkiller
08-30-2005, 04:52 AM
8)them stringers came about thanks to Sunracers misfortune of loosing my sturgy but all is good.I custom make them for your boat. All I need is the hieght and how many stury loops needed . Standard is 1 leader and 1 loop. the vynal coated cable working load is 230lbls per inch and 220 for crimps and keepers. AS you see the swim freely in the current and dont bob up and down like on a rope.I custom made one for Fishguts new seahawk it will hold 3 sturgy and its sswweeaaattttt. 8)

bpfishnon
08-30-2005, 08:34 AM
What if you run into one of our beloved fur bag friends, have lost fish on stringers to these zoo fed creatures. Do you think these sturgeys you caught are resident fish or do you think that they are some of the first ones to move in to the bay?

fishguts
08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Can't wait to fill up my new sturgy holder. Thanks for making it and I will talk to you again on Wednesday, off to work now.
Nice fish and am I to understand that Sherri first time out and she scores one? What happened Scott? Just kidding.
Looking forward to seeing all of you again real soon.
Nice pics and great looking and healthy fish.

fishkiller
08-30-2005, 07:03 PM
8)The delta system has many resident fish .If you fish year round you should find them, but yea gotta get them to bite.I will tell you that feeding resident sturgeon are always located by one food source.What is it tell yea after the event. ;D 8)

newtothegame
08-30-2005, 07:28 PM
awwww dang fishguts lol ... yessss it was her first time out ... and yes she got a keeper lol ..... i am used to it though .. she always has good luck with the fish!! Fish and Slot machines ... hmmmmm still tryin to figure that one out .....

Cant wait to get my first keeper ... i know it will come ...just a matter of casts thats all lol ....