PDA

View Full Version : Sinking Feeling

fishn4me
06-18-2004, 07:42 AM
I have an old sears aluminum boat that has got some holes in the bottoms and in some of the sides. They are small and are from the previous owner improperly storing. Any ideas on how to fix them???

sashimi_express
06-18-2004, 05:47 PM
;DCabela's or Bass pro shops has a putty stick of some sort for fixing those small holes.

bruce
06-19-2004, 08:06 AM
I would have someone weld them up for you . it might run you around 50 to 75 bucks to get them taken care .

exocet
12-27-2005, 09:20 PM
???

ghostfish_slayer
12-27-2005, 11:54 PM
i have used blue or red auto silicone to seal up my jon boat a few times.the thing is like 30+ years old.i just clean the area good and put it on kind of thick..when it wears off after a few years of draging it around.i just do it again for a couple bucks..

jrj
12-28-2005, 06:34 AM
The only product I would use on it is made by JB Weld. It is their Marineweld. I used it on a Klamath boat that had small holes in the bottom. *Worked perfect and solved the problem. *Their web site is: http://jbweld.net/products/index.php

It is really important to clean the aluminum correctly before you use Marineweld, tig wleding or anything else on it. If you can find a small stainless steel brush, Lows or Home Depot, use it to remove any oxidation. Stainless steel is perfered over steel for aluminum.

Sierra_hillbilly
12-28-2005, 10:16 PM
I used JB weld on my aluminum boat and it worked just fine. As long as the holes arnt to big it should work like a champ. If you have your doughts fill it full of JB weld and then smear some RTV sealant over it just for kicks.