PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke motor  repair

rtandersen
02-23-2005, 01:23 PM
I have 2 6hp johnson 2 stroke motors that need work does anybody know any good boat repair places in sacramento ?
Thanks for the help
Randall T

Erreck
02-23-2005, 02:44 PM
Not off hand, but if you decide to get rid of the motor please let me know. I've got a friend down in So. Cal that's great with motors like that.

Erreck

Vance Staplin
02-26-2005, 09:25 PM
I don't have any local guy's to recommend. I had a problem with my GT 200 Johnson for the last four or five years. Most guys didn't think there was a problem with the performance of the motor, but I knew it didn't run like it used to.

A friend told me to take it to Lawson's Landing at Dillon's Beach, he said nobody knew OMC products like they do. Well I took it there, they fixed it,CHEAP!!! I spent probably $2500.00 over the last few years with guys taking a guess at what the problem was. The guys at Lawson's were incredably reasonable, I highly recommend them. It is about 2hrs away, but it is nice to just get away over to the coast for a while. I just dropped the boat off and went back a few weeks later and picked it up.

I highly recommend them, you can reach them a (707) 878-2443 ask for the boat house. In fact ask for Willie and tell him I sent you. Willie is not in on Wednesday.

Hope this helps
Vance

fenton_chris
02-27-2005, 11:06 AM
ive had my boat for a few years now. there is nothing wrong with it. i think its an evnrude. 7 to 12hp. i know nothing really about boat motors and sizes, i replace the plugs every few months cuz its cheap tune up. the labling of what it is is all gone i think its as old as the boat back to 1977. ??? i could be wrong. and i i've wondering about maintenance on it, and having someone look at before something does go wrong. id hate to have something go wrong in it while on the water!

any suggestions? ???

AllFishNoWork
02-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Took my 2 stroke 25hp Evinrude to Larsons(?) in Rancho on Folsom Bl. The fixed her up nice, seemed a little pricey but bein out on the water is well worth it.

Patrick#44
12-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I also have a 1979 Johnson 6hp that needs to be looked at. *It seems to run fine in a big bucket on the front lawn (not sure if I am running it long or hard enough to recreate the problem). *But, when I get it out of Bodega Bay, the engine does not idle good and it is hard to restart it. *I use it for crabbing, so idling is important to me and it is a manual start, so restarting it is me pulling on the start rope many times. *Besides Larson and Lawson, can anyone recommend a shop in Sacramento, hopefully in the north area?
THANKS for the help,
Patrick

ll_kaidoy_ll
12-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Buck's Outboards on 47th Ave.

My family takes all our boats there for service, maintainence, etc. I know they deal mostly with Yamaha, Honda, and Mercury, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if they work on OMC products.

LKTROR
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
:) BUCK'S in Sacramento!!!

Patrick#44
12-06-2005, 10:45 AM
WOW, thanks for the quick replies! *During the summer, I did take the motor to Buck's, but they would not work on it. *I am not sure if it was because it is a Johnson or if it was too old, 1979. *Any other shops??? What does OMC stand for?

RonM
12-06-2005, 10:52 AM
Buck's Outboards on 47th Ave.

My family takes all our boats there for service, maintainence, etc. I know they deal mostly with Yamaha, Honda, and Mercury, but it wouldn't hurt to ask if they work on OMC products.

I asked Buck's when I had a problem with my Evinrude. They said don't work on OMC but they did refer me to Sacramento Outboards in West Sacramento. I think the hourly rate is 85.00 an hour. Chip's in West Sac was also recommended.

RonM
12-06-2005, 10:58 AM
WOW, thanks for the quick replies! During the summer, I did take the motor to Buck's, but they would not work on it. I am not sure if it was because it is a Johnson or if it was too old, 1979. Any other shops??? What does OMC stand for?

OMC = Outboard Marine Corp

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-09-2005, 06:19 AM
ive had my boat for a few years now. there is nothing wrong with it. i think its an evnrude. 7 to 12hp. i know nothing really about boat motors and sizes, i replace the plugs every few months cuz its cheap tune up. the labling of what it is is all gone i think its as old as the boat back to 1977. ??? i could be wrong. and i i've wondering about maintenance on it, and having someone look at before something does go wrong. id hate to have something go wrong in it while on the water!

any suggestions? ???

You could try Darrels in Greenwood Divide Marine

Sierra_hillbilly
12-09-2005, 11:56 AM
GVF where is that guy located? I want to take a motor to him and see if he can get it back on course.

wetdog
12-09-2005, 05:05 PM
DIVIDE MARINE 4617 WEEDPATCH COURT GREENWOOD CA. 95635 530 /333 0115 TELL'EM TROLL'N 4 TROUT SENT YA ! ;)

Garden_Valley_Fish
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Tim there is a group of metal buildings between Georgetown and Greenwood.And of corse Smelly Mels