PDA

View Full Version : Duckworth??

Erreck
11-10-2005, 05:05 PM
Anyone have any input on Duckworth boats? I saw one going down the road the other day and it just about made me run off the road! SWEET BOAT! 8) 8) Does it fish as well as it looks?

TS5655
11-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Erreck,

Friend of mine owns one and loves it! I looked at them at the ISE show, nice boats.

TS

BoiceJetGuy
11-10-2005, 07:47 PM
They are real nice boats. You can see them at Galaxie Marine located in the Newcastle area. Bout ten minutes outside of Roseville.

AllFishNoWork
11-11-2005, 05:20 AM
I know exactly zero about high end alum boats, but I did look at the Duckworths at the dealer in Newcastle. I was very impressed with the boat and the dealer. If you need directions Erreck, PM me. I'd say it's maybe a bit over an hour from Chico.

Set_The_Hook
11-11-2005, 10:51 AM
I fished in a verrry nice duckworth about 15 years ago. Excellent boats. The agency I used to work for had a couple of duckworth sleds. No frills with outboards. The boats handled very well and withstood alot of abuse/work.
Their new boats are just beautiful.

Salmon1
11-11-2005, 11:43 AM
I looked for a few years prior to buying my RogueJet sled, and one of the three I narrowed it down to was Duckworth. The finish detail on their boats is VERY nice.The drawbacks I found were the materials were slightly less rugged and the standard options packages were slightly less full-featured in comparison to RogueJet or North River(Unless you got the absolute top of the line). All in all they are a great boat, but kind of pricey in my opinion
versus other boats of similar design.

Chapa
11-12-2005, 02:18 AM
Its an excelent boat
At the end It came down to Duckworth, Fishrite or Hewes and if I had a little more to spend I might have gone Duckworth. Built like a tank and they are painted really well.
They have the best built canvas tops in my opinion.

Chapa

Erreck
11-12-2005, 05:12 AM
Thanks for all the input guys! I'm still sold on N.R. as of right now... Actually, my wife is sold on N.R. and it's not easy to change her mind ::) ;)... I think I will take a closer look at the Duckworth as new boat time gets closer.

I did some searching and couldn't find any prices out there. How do they compare? Are they closer to N.R. or Design Concepts?

Thanks again! 8)

Chapa
11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure a little cheaper than both at least the ones I saw in New Castle

Chapa

Silver_Streak
11-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Usually the Duckworth's are more expensive than NR. You've narrowed your selection of boats down to some that you can't go wrong on (IMO)!!

wet_n_ready
12-03-2005, 01:47 PM
Be patient, look for a sale. It's winter and the dealers will offer some great sales to drum up some business in the coming months.

svtfish
12-03-2005, 04:57 PM
Errck
did you check out the Weldcrft boats?they are built in the same plant as the Duckworths.Thay just dont come with all the polished aluminum.Are planing going jet or outboard? I just bought a Weldcraft 186 Maverick with the offshore bracket,Yamaha 150 hpdi,8hp kicker.This is a great boat,it has a 98' wide beam.With the offshore bracket,it gives you a ton of room in the boat.if you have any questions ,let me know.I'll be at folsom probably next sunday if want to check it out. ;D
Richard ;D

hetchy
12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
I have a 2005 19' Duckworth Advantage outboard. It has the same set of outboards as Richards reply above. The Yamaha 150 with the 8 hp kicker is a great combo. The 8 will troll all day long down as slow as you want. I've used the boat off the Marin coast for salmon,Pyramid Lake etc. Been in lots of rough water and the boat handles great. Looked at a few other brands but saw the boat at the Cal Expo show and that was that. Ok I did like all the nice shiny aluminum but the boat backs that up with extremely nice overall quality and engineering. Not sure whats happening with the 06 models but at the time my boat had 2"more on the sides and about 6"wider beam than the other boat I was interested in. What would I do different? Get a windshield wiper on the passanger side to and get suspension seats. I plan to have these items added when I take it to the dealer to have the motors serviced. Also should have put on Sharkhide protectant right away. The shiny alumimun is not so shiny anymore after Pyramid and the ocean. I bought some but haven't had the boat out of the water long enough to polish it and put on the recommended two coats. I plan on upgrading to a larger Duckworth, hopefully the 23'Magnum one of these days. Whatever boat you end up with I hope you get as much enjoyment and quality time out of it as I have with mine. Good Fishing! Bob

prelude916s
12-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Nothing beats a NR. My buddy just bought a North River Trapper 2 weeks ago (5.7 PFI, Hamilton Jet 212) the works, it kicks a$$. Fully loaded 21' with a T8 yamaha and a auto pilot minn kota bow mount cost 36k out the door. We checked out everything from Duckworth to Design Concepts. Nothings beats north river quality period. No matter how much you spend, North River boats are true work horses on the water. I can't praise their quality enough. You should check them out at Sac River Marine. It's amazing how affordable they really are.