PDA

View Full Version : GPS/FF

hookumhi
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking of getting a new fish finder and in need of a GPS unit. I've just about made up my mind on a Lowrance LCX-26C , anyone have any pros or cons about the X-26C. Its alot of money and just want to make sure its a wise purchase. Also I was thinking of getting the 50/200 transducer ???? Anyone have one of these or know about them ???

Off_The_Hook
11-29-2005, 06:32 PM
I have the LCX-19c, which is last years model of the LCX-26. *I have no complaints at all. *It is a great unit. *I have it networked with my DSC/VHF, which is a really cool feature. *The 7" color screen is great. *It has really good resolution, and is very easy to see in direct sunlight.

The LCX-26 has a few improvments over the one I got, one of which is a 20 gig hard drive. That should improve the access time of the mapping software. *Mine has an occasional lag using the GPS with Navionics, but it is only a second or two.

Just FYI- I have ordered all my electronics from this web site, and have received great service and prices. *http://www.jollyannsales.com/FFwithGPS/lowrance_lcx-26c_hd.htm

Buy it. *You will like it.

hookumhi
11-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the feed back OTH ,I was really impressed with the graphics . Do you know anything about the transducers ??? I dont go in the ocean with my boat but I do use a downrigger and I heard the Variable transducer would be better for that???

Chapa
11-30-2005, 12:08 AM
I've got the non HD unit lcx25c and I love it!

as far dual tansducer i got it but when I'm in 200 mode I see the rigger balls better than 50 mode and they usually reccomend 200 if your just doing fresh water. but then again I usually only drop the riggers to 40-60 ft. :-/

Chapa

Off_The_Hook
11-30-2005, 06:26 AM
I have the 50/200 transducer, but I just leave it on 200. I'm sure there are times that I should switch over to 50, but I never think to do it.

I installed the speed sensor also, which I never use. Depending on the current direction when you are trolling, it dosen't register anything. I use the GPS for trolling speed. I compared it to the reading on my Luhr-Jensen, and it is right on.

Mako
12-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I have an older LMS 350A. All I can say is I love the bigger screen. Great for fish and the only way to go when running home at night in the cold looking at the GPS.

hookumhi
12-03-2005, 08:38 AM
THANK YOU all, you helped me a lot with your insight and expertise .I feel much better buying this and confident my wife isnt gonna give me the (I told you!!) in the near future. :)

jrj
12-03-2005, 02:39 PM
Take a look at the new Humminbird 900 Series. It is state of the art technology. Lowrance is not even close to what these people are doing today...much less the new stuff for 2006. I have the 937c DF model that has useable features that other manufactures have not even thought about yet. I replaced a Lowrance 332C unit with the new Humminbird. Best money I have ever spent on fishing equipment.