PDA

View Full Version : Sharkhide Aluminum Protector

kingsmules
11-16-2005, 06:44 AM
For anyone looking for more info on this product, take a look on IFISH.NET, Discussions, and Boat & Motor Tech. The owner of the Sharkhide company has just started a thread and is answering any and all questions.

FISHSTALKER
11-16-2005, 07:03 AM
I applied Sharkhide to my 22' aluminum hull in 2003. I am very pleased with it's resilience. As for the application, I applied it with a sponge brush. The next time I will use my paint cup gun. The brush does leave some streaks.

Dennis
11-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Fishstalker,

Have you had to do any touch-ups? Just wondering. I just put Sharkhide to my 16' a couple of weeks ago. I used the rag method and I can see some streaks also. Still looks better than all that oxidation.

FISHSTALKER
11-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Nope! No touch ups. I followed the directions with 2 seperate coats and allowed for the drying time. I applied it in June, so it dried pretty fast.
I have had some scuffs and abraisions (docks and rocks) but the stuff is tuff. It holds up really well.
I bought a quart and still have some left after I had applied the two coats. My boat has been in Pyramid and Eagle a couple of times and shows no sign of corrosion.
The Sharkhide was expensive. I saved by buying it in Oregon.

JohnnieB
11-17-2005, 06:45 PM
I went to the I-fish site and got lost for two days,I ended up finding a great forums link on the river boat ad;after reading numerous posts on aluminum cleaners and waxes I,m going to give a product called metalwax a try.I'll post the results when I do.Anybody that owns an aluminum boat will want to check out that site there is a lot of good info.

FISHSTALKER
11-17-2005, 11:45 PM
IFISH is a good site. That's where I found the manufacturer for my boat. I also first found the info for Sharkhide there.