PDA

View Full Version : Oouch hit a rock...

FishMischief
11-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Went to loon today with my wife. *We went to beach the boat to hike some and sure enough hit a rock. *It dented the boat and put a nice scrape. *It left aluminum on the rock. *Granite really scrapes bad.

Do I need to repair this? *How would I repair this? *I didn't have any significant water when I pulled the plug from the ride back.

Its not too bad but worse than I would like to have. *Maybe I'll take a pic and post it tomorrow.

Mickey_Thomas
11-07-2005, 05:26 AM
Here's what I did, I just kept fishing and made up a story about the dent ;) ;D then I sold the boat to JohnB and it still doesn't leak 8)

drstressor
11-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Dents just add character to a boat FishCrazed. Now you'll worry less about hitting the next rock. ;D

Is you boat welded or riveted? The only way you can really damage a welded hull is to cut a hole in it with a rock. A big dent in a riveted hull can cause problems quite a distance from the point of impact.

FishMischief
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Its rivited.

I wish I understood how the hull was built so I knew how much of an impact this is to the boat. Its probably fine and I just need to get over it.

basil
11-07-2005, 04:28 PM
If the dent is in the part of the waterline that is in contact with the water when you are planing then it can cause a loss of performance to your boat.

FishMischief
11-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Its not that big. The dent itself is small. Performed fine on the way back. I thought about that too when it happened.