PDA

View Full Version : North River Owners

Off_The_Hook
10-04-2005, 03:22 PM
North River Owners,

I had an idea, and wondered if anyone would be interested. I thought it would be neat to get as many North Rivers together as possible for an afternoon.

I think it would be educational for everyone to check out each others setups. See what works, what dosen't work, etc. I know I would like to. It would kind of be along the lines of this forum, except live and in person.

I called Sacramento River Marine, and they offered to help or host the location.

With the amount of effort and fuel it takes to pull the boat somewhere for the afternoon, it would only be worth it if we got several boats together.

If anyone is interested, please post a reply, and PM me with your contact info. I was thinking an upcoming Saturday afternoon. Weather permitting of course. What do you think?

Mickey_Thomas
10-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I would attend if I don't have a fishing trip planned on the day of the event ;) A lake located centrally would be good also. Maybe Folsom?

Reno_Reeler
10-05-2005, 09:35 AM
I've got a title for the event:

"North River Owner's *Folsom Foatilla"

Staring Captain Mickey of course.

Mickey_Thomas
10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
That's funny RR but you know how shy I am, I don't want to star in anything ;) We'll let mo money star, he paid the most for his ;D

Reno_Reeler
10-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Mickey,

Be honest - given your notoriety, I'll bet strangers come up to you all the time knowing who you are.*http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2452/smileystar3ie.gifhttp://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2452/smileystar3ie.gifhttp://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2452/smileystar3ie.gifhttp://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2452/smileystar3ie.gifhttp://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2452/smileystar3ie.gif

Mo Money must have checked ALL the options when he ordered his new N.R.

Did your fancy new boat come with a Captain's hat? http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/4259/coastguard4nw.gif

Off_The_Hook
10-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the comments Reno and Mickey.

So would it be preferable if we did a Folsom afternoon? That way we could all fish in the morning, and BBQ in the afternoon.

I have never been to Folsom. Is there a good spot to park a bunch of boats all together there?

If this is going to work, lets try to do it within the next few weeks while we still have sunshine.

TS5655
10-05-2005, 11:44 AM
I would try to attend. But my boat sure wouldn't measure up to all those expensive Seahawks. I would have to park at the "lower end" of the line.

TS

Off_The_Hook
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
As long as your boat says North River on the side of it. That's all that matters. The more the better.

1_shoshone
10-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Im for getting all our north rivers together! I think Discovery park in Sacramento would be a good place,because its freeway close and theirs plenty of parking.

Off_The_Hook
10-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks 1shoshone.

OK. That's one vote for Sac Marine, one vote for Folsom, and one vote for Discovery Park.

Come on everybody. I know there are more North Rivers out there. I would like to get at least 10 boats, if not more.

If anybody knows someone with a North River, PM them, e-mail them or call them, and direct them toward this thread.

:)

Vance Staplin
10-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi Guy's,

The Salmon are begining to show and should be full force in a couple of weeks.

Discovery park has a ton of parking. The morning fishing with an afternoon barbque would work well.

My .02 cents

Vance

MoMoney
10-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Mo Money will make it.My boats been gettin the electronics straightened out and Ive been outta comission for a while but tommarrow Ill be gettin it back.My new job has been workin me to death but Im ready for a get together.Hey I didnt check all the options just the cool ones!!!

Off_The_Hook
10-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks Mo Money.

How does Saturday October 22nd at 2:00pm in the parking lot sound to everyone?

Including myself, and a friend with a Seahawk, I think I only count a posible 6 boats. We need at least 4 more boats. Gotta be at least 10. Thats my goal. Think of the photo opportunity!

NRJohn
10-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Sounds interesting but I'm over 6 hours away.

Off_The_Hook
10-08-2005, 11:07 AM
NRJohn,
There are a lot of hotels in the Sacramento area, and a lot of things to do with the family. I say take Friday off work, and make a 3-day weekend out or it. Go see the state capitol, then fish and show off your boat on Saturday.

fredrickj
10-09-2005, 07:29 PM
The good news: My wife and I had been looking for a while for a bigger fishing boat. We had a 14' Klamath. We had decided on a Alumaweld until I walked into the North River showroom. I took my wife the next day and she immediately plunked down the deposit. We pick up our Mariner this coming Friday.

The bad news: I went to look at the new boat last Friday to add a few item's. Parked right next to my new boat in the shop was Mo Money's new boat. Here I am dropping a small fortune on this thing and it looked positively tiny next to Mo Moneys.

I'm with you TS. I'll park on your end of the line.

Good new again: I'll be fishin in luxury this coming weekend!

MoMoney
10-10-2005, 04:33 AM
Hey guys,your makin me feel spoiled or something like that.I enjoy lookin at your boats as much as anyone would mine.Dont think twice about parking at the end of the line.All NR owners have a boat to be proud of.

fredrickj
10-10-2005, 06:21 AM
I'm on the water almost every weekend. If there is a get together, I'll drop by to introduce myself. Look forward to getting the offical tour.

Off_The_Hook
10-10-2005, 07:07 AM
FredrickJ, I have seen Mo Money's boat too, I don't think I'll park next to it either.

Glad to hear you made a good decision on a boat though. You will not be disappointed. Big or small, bring your boat. We all have something to learn by looking at everybody's stuff.

Keep spreading the word. I think this will be a fun afternoon.

If there are no objections, let's make a definate date and time of:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22nd, 2:00pm, DISCOVERY PARK.

Vance Staplin
10-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi Guy's,

I will call a few customers that have purchased boats and see if they would be interested also.

Vance

Off_The_Hook
10-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks Vance.

I will post the time and place again:

SATURDAY, OCT 22nd, 2:00PM, DISCOVERY PARK.

fishguts
10-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Lets see, having seen Mo Money's boat, its the poster child of everything you can accessorize it with, If I can make it I will sit at the end of the line too.

20ft NR Seahawk, in as basic as you can get it.

Off_The_Hook
10-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Fishguts. Hope you can make it.

Sounds like the turnout might just be shaping up. If I count all the "think I can make its", there will be a lot of boats there.

Sounds like Mo Money is the star of the show so far.

TS5655
10-10-2005, 08:55 PM
FredrickJ,

Congrats on the new Mariner. You'll love it.

TS

Mickey_Thomas
10-11-2005, 05:02 AM
Make sure you guys take lots of pictures, I'll be up at Eagle Lake that weekend but I'll be there in spirit ;)

fredrickj
10-11-2005, 05:37 AM
The boat cost alot. (the kicker was the kicker) Usually when I spend that much I go through a period of buyers remorse. These boats are so well built I've had no such second thoughts. I think tha'ts why my wife plunked down the deposit as soon as she saw the boats in the showroom. (I bought the truck to pull the boat, she bought the boat)

The quality is obvious and we expect to get many years of safe and trouble free service. When I go fishing, all I want to do is think about fishing. I love the anticipation of it all. I can do it all day without discouragement or disappointment. Hasseling with your craft or freezing your ass off in the wind can however ruin your day. (We bought the back drop curtain)

Our Mariner is the 17' with Yamaha 75 hp and 8.8 kicker. We actually chose the Mariner because it would fit in the garage and the shallow draft would come in handy on the rivers.

THREE MORE DAYS!

Mickey_Thomas
10-11-2005, 06:22 AM
Way to go fredrick J. I can't wait to put on my back curtain with the heater on up at Eagle Lake next week ;) I think my buddies will like it too ;D

Off_The_Hook
10-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Mickey, I was hoping you would make it. I know Frederick J will be there with his new boat though.

I will take lots of pictures.

TS5655
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
frederickj,

I bought my Mariner too because it would fit in the garage, well after Vance did a few custom things to make it fit. And I still have 3 inches to spare!

TS

fishguts
10-11-2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like Mo Money is the star of the show so far.

Poster child, they should be paying him to show it off. And paying me not to. LOL.... ;D

Its a great boat with hundreds of fish to it name in just this year alone, there is nothing I haven't been able to do with it. I am proud of the wounds it has gotten and know where each one came from, gives it character.

Mickey_Thomas
10-11-2005, 06:11 PM
TS, I called your wife and she said that you only have 2"s ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D sorry I just couldn't help myself ::)

TS5655
10-11-2005, 07:27 PM
You are bad Mickey Thomas, sooooo bad! Good one!

;D ;D

TS

Mickey_Thomas
10-11-2005, 07:55 PM
Getting even is the fun part TS, tag, you're it ;D

Off_The_Hook
10-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Still looking for more attendence. Haven't seen any new interest in the last couple days. I think we may be around 10 boats or so if everyone shows up.

Thanks to everyone who is planning on coming. I know it is a lot of effort.

Chapa
10-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Do any of you guys own a Revenge? I mainly fish lakes for trout and I fish the Sac and Moke for Salmon and Stripers any thoughts?

Chapa

ifish4fun
10-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Count me in I have a nr mariner and would be proud to show my small boat off. ;D all nr are quality boats look forward to seeing everyone. Will somebody post the final
arrangements?

Darren

Off_The_Hook
10-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks ifish4fun,

The final arrangements are: (weather pending)

I have never been to Discovery Park, so maybe someone could post exactly where to meet there. Is there only one parking lot?

Thanks again to everyone who is coming.

motherlodefishn
10-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I already told off the hook I would be there, But I thought I should make it official and post. I just picked up my 18' Seahawk last Friday. Looking forward to meeting everyone, sounds like a real good time ;D. Now I need to contact Fishstalker and have him Fedex my stars. ;D ;D

Regards,
Motherlodefishn

Vance Staplin
10-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi Guy's,

It turns out that I can get away Saturday afternoon. *I will be there with a BBQ and Hot dogs on behalf of Sacramento River Marine.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you.

I will bring my 22 foot Northriver Seahawk. *

Vance

ifish4fun
10-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Vance glad to hear you can make it. My mariner is in your shop right now the blue one with the 115 jet. Hope you got the motor fixed I will pick it up this after noon. hate not having the motor run correctly

Off_The_Hook
10-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Vance, glad to hear you are coming, and bringing the BBQ.

I will bring the ice chest full of drinks.

See everyone there.

Dennis
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Is this only for North River owners or can us wannnabee's come and check out all the rigs and how their setup? 8)

just wondering...
;D

Off_The_Hook
10-17-2005, 11:36 AM
This would be a great opportunity for "wannabees" to check things out. Everyone is welcome.

ifish4fun
10-18-2005, 08:01 AM
anybody plan on fishing for salmon after the get together??? I will have open seats

Vance Staplin
10-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Hi Guy's,

The south side entrance is the best way to get to the ramp area. *That is the one off of the Richards Blvd exit.

I will be there with Hot Dogs and a BBQ. *I have had a few private messages asking for me to bring the Rare Seahawk OS for people to drool over (including myself... it is daily ritual for me). The Seahawk OS is BIG and white, it should make it easy to find us in the parking lot.

Vance

TS5655
10-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Vance,

I remember you had just got that Seahawk OS in the day before I picked up my boat. I think we spent more time looking at that boat instead of mine! That is a beautiful ride.

Still gonna try to make it this Saturday but have some ongoing serious family issues to take care of.

Terry

Trout_Chaser
10-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey everybody,
I just aquired my 21 seahawk last week. Just saw this post tonight. Sounds like a blast but I've promised the boy a trip to Pyramid this weekend. Tough choice...fishing always wins out over hot dogs in Sacramento though!! ;D Hope you all have a great time.

Vance Staplin
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
Hi guy's,

I had to run a boat this morning so while I was there I did some looking around in the over flow parking lot at Discovery Park. *I have no way of knowing how full the lot will be tomorrow but I would say we should have plenty of room back by the I-5 bridges.

Vance

Off_The_Hook
10-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be nice tomorrow. I don't know Discovery Park, so I'll be looking for the big white OS.

See everyone tomorrow.

Empire
10-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I should be able to come by at about 3:00, it will be great to see all the boats!

TS5655
10-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Probably won't be able to make it today. Hanging around the hospital the last week has left many tasks around the house to be done.

Wasn't hoping to me a bunch of sniffers and see all the boats. So there should be vacancy at the "low end of the line" where my Mariner would have been quivering at the sight of all those big dog Seahawks.

You guys have a great time.

TS

Off_The_Hook
10-23-2005, 07:01 AM
Too bad everybody couldn't make it. We had a good time. Got to meet a few people and put faces with the usernames. Thanks to Vance and Sac River Marine for towing out my new boat (after I hit the lotto), and cooking up hot dogs. I definately learned a few things from looking at the other boats and talking to the owners. Maybe we can do it again next year and try to make it big. Thanks to everybody for coming.

http://www.geocities.com/mkerm8@sbcglobal.net/2005_1022aa_R.jpg

fishguts
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
Man, looked like alot of fun. Wished I could have made it. Ended up having to work instead. Drats.

Mickey_Thomas
10-24-2005, 05:23 AM
Sorry I missed it, got more pictures? 8)

MoMoney
10-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Mo Money flaked also.Had 2 trucks break down and had to work all day sorry guys,but makin a living had to come first!!Wish I was there!!