PDA

View Full Version : Dock marks on boat

ll_kaidoy_ll
10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Today at the launch, our boat rubbed up against the dock accidentally and left these markings from the rubber installed on the dock onto the painted sides of our Alumaweld. There's a few spots all along the side and they're an eye sore for me. :( Is there a way to get rid of these marks? I was just going to wax the sides, but I doubt that will do anything. I might need some rubbing compound of some sort. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this stuff off? I hope you guys know what I am talking about. Thanks in advance. :)

Mickey_Thomas
10-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Spray a little WD40 on a clean rag and just wipe them off ;)

ll_kaidoy_ll
10-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Spray a little WD40 on a clean rag and just wipe them off ;)

Really? That would take it off? They're similar to scuff marks. Will the WD40 take off the paint or clear coat?

Mickey_Thomas
10-10-2005, 05:32 AM
It won't hurt the paint, I cleaned spots on my truck and the finish was unharmed. I also cleaned some scuff marks (the same ones you're talking about) off my boat.

SuperDave
10-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Take yesterday's wind at Pyramid and those crappy docks and I'll show you scuff marks!

ll_kaidoy_ll
10-10-2005, 05:37 PM
It won't hurt the paint, I cleaned spots on my truck and the finish was unharmed. I also cleaned some scuff marks (the same ones you're talking about) off my boat.

Thanks Mickey. I guess I'll give it a try. Did it leave any kind of residue?

fishguts
10-10-2005, 06:44 PM
I call that a great day, markings that show you use it.

ll_kaidoy_ll
10-10-2005, 06:56 PM
I call that a great day, markings that show you use it.

That's what the "Hour" meeter on the engines are for. ;) I just like to keep everything as clean as possible.