PDA

View Full Version : computer chair

fenton_chris
10-05-2005, 03:13 PM
i was wondering if anyone has ever put a computer chair on thier boat? i was thinking of getting rid of my seat and welding the base of a conputer chair to the swivel.

sokoo
10-05-2005, 03:31 PM
You are not alone. I thought about it too but didn't do it becasue I worry about weather resistance of the computer chairs. Also, I think too smooth a swivel on the computer chairs might be a problem for boating

willbilly
10-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Me Too I have been made FUNNNN of.... :D we can PLease our self can't we????

fenton_chris
10-05-2005, 05:18 PM
yeah i thought about the quick movment of ths chairs. i think im gunna do it eventually to try it out. cant hurt ;)

Off_The_Hook
10-06-2005, 05:00 AM
What the heck, give it a shot. I don't think the mechanisim will hold up when you are runnin, but sittin and fishin should work. Spray some scothguard on the fabric and some rust preventitive on the metal. Just don't get the cylinder too hot with the torch when you weld it. Might go boom, or at least blow the seals out of it.

Fishmeister
10-06-2005, 06:32 AM
The first boat I had was a 14 foot, 1952 glaspar. It had wooden bench seats. I mounted two bar stools, with backs, in it. Boat was blue, chairs were yellow. Got a lot of strange looks but caught a lot of fish. Actually the swilvels didn't turn out to be a problem as long as you had your feet on the floor or side of boat.

SuperDave
10-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Make sure the seat has room to turn a full 360. I put a swivel seat on my old wood bench but took it off because I couldn't turn a full 360. My fishing vision was reduced to just under 270. Stradling the bench was more effective for me.

Erreck
10-07-2005, 08:30 AM
There's a guy who fishes one of my local lakes quite frequently who setup his 14'er with a center console and computer seat. It seems to work great for him.

I've also seen a guy on the same lake that put a small recliner in his boat. Lotta weight, but it sure looks comfy!

Hogsbro
10-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Gee why not save some effort just forget the boat, the water, the poles, and all that stinky bait, just stay home in bed. You should be really comfortable that way. ;D ;)