PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Eagle Fishmark 320?

norcalfishslayer
09-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Just got one, but haven't opened it. I won't either until I hear from you guys. I used to have an Eagle fishfinder, and really liked it. Granted, it's no top of the line Lorance, but it did it's job, and it was old technology. This one seems to have just about everything you need. It basically does wht my Raytheon L-420 does, but at a better pixel mass, and has a bit more features. The L-430 was nearly $500 5 years ago, the Eagle, less than half that.

Let me know what you think... Thanks in advance..

Frank

RonM
09-30-2005, 08:31 PM
If you do a search for the Eagle FishMark 320 there are 3 or 4 threads that mention that fish finder. Sounds like everyone likes the unit. I was looking at the Eagle SeaFinder 480DF and compared it to the Lowrance X136DF and the only difference I found was the Lowrance used LED's for the backlight and the Eagle used bulbs. Everything else was the same.

norcalfishslayer
09-30-2005, 08:36 PM
If you do a search for the Eagle FishMark 320 there are 3 or 4 threads that mention that fish finder. Sounds like everyone likes the unit. I was looking at the Eagle SeaFinder 480DF and compared it to the Lowrance X136DF and the only difference I found was the Lowrance used LED's for the backlight and the Eagle used bulbs. Everything else was the same.

Thanks Ron. I will try the search feature! :D

fence_man
09-30-2005, 08:38 PM
the 320 is great unit have it on my sm boat and a lcx 15 on big boat love both!!!

RonM
09-30-2005, 08:42 PM
I think when I was looking at the specs the Eagle FishMark 320 was 1500 watts peak to peak, the Lowrance equal to the Fishmark was 4000 watts. That's why I was comparing the SeaFinder 480 to the X136DF they both were 4000 watts peak to peak.

norcalfishslayer
09-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I think when I was looking at the specs the Eagle FishMark 320 was 1500 watts peak to peak, the Lowrance equal to the Fishmark was 4000 watts. That's why I was comparing the SeaFinder 480 to the X136DF they both were 4000 watts peak to peak.

Hmmm, did a search for it and only came up with this thread. I went to the seasch tab at the top of this page, and then typed in eagle fishmark 320. Am I missing something?

RonM
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Try Eagle 320 and don't forget to change the number of days back on the bottom. Default is 7 days go back 365 and it will show.

norcalfishslayer
09-30-2005, 09:09 PM
Try Eagle 320 and don't forget to change the number of days back on the bottom. Default is 7 days go back 365 and it will show.

Ahhh yeah! It was the amount of days to look back thing!
Thanks Ron...

Like you said, they seem to like it, so... It's going on the boat tomorrow. Think Im gonna mount the display near the rear of the boat, since that is where I am most of the time!

Frank

theRick
10-01-2005, 09:20 AM
You can download an emulator that gives you an exact replica of the finder, the display and how the functions work. Here's the link for all Eagle fishfinders, click on the one you want to try out.

http://www.eaglegps.com/Downloads/Emulators/default.htm

huggyspot
10-01-2005, 11:34 AM
I just bought the same unit and installed it on my boat but havent got to use it yet but the emulator is cool try it ;)

ratss427
10-01-2005, 01:00 PM
i own one and like it a lot.thanks the rick for the link.you beat me to it.great finder for the $$.

sashimi_express
10-01-2005, 02:34 PM
I love mine. It is a Great unit. I don't think there is any other unit that is built as well with the features that the Eagle has for the money. Just my .02 worth ;D

SturgeonVirgin
10-01-2005, 03:09 PM
Had one on my last boat and it was great, lot of bang for the buck. :)

norcalfishslayer
10-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks to all for the info. GOing out right now to install it! Wish me luck! ;D

Trout_Terminator
10-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Lucky, thats the moddle i want... owell, i guess i will have to wait till christmas, see what santa gets me. ;D congrats though man, and cool sim rick.

somebody
10-02-2005, 07:13 PM
its sure great to have people like rick and drstressor that know whats going on.

norcalfishslayer
10-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Installed last night. Pretty straight forward, except they didn't provide much hard ware to install. Had to run into town and get some screws and cable holders... :-/

Went tou today ( see the report in the fishing shasta lake sig) and the new 320 didn't work right. I installed it like the directions said (I have installed a few finders in the past) but when I goet out to the lake today, it would read weird depths and goofy stuff on the screen. Figuring it was the transducer, I changed the angle and such, but no joy. The I noticed a couple of times that they screen wouldn't scroll. Tried changing some settings, but still no joy. I think I may have gotten a bad unit. It seems like a good unit, and easy to use, much easier than my Raytheon unit. So, I will take it back and see if they have another and give it a try. The one I got was the last one they had, but maybe they got some more in. We'll see...

frank

ratss427
10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
thats a bummer frank. :-/ sounds like you installed everything right.hopefully it will work out.no b.s., its a nice finder. :P

norcalfishslayer
10-03-2005, 05:59 PM
thats a bummer frank. :-/ sounds like you installed everything right.hopefully it will work out.no b.s., its a nice finder. :P
I like the unit, so if I can get another one, I will. I don't think they have anymore at this time, but maybe in Redding. If not, I'll have to order one on the net or something.

RonM
10-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Try calling Eagle, if your lucky they may send you one in exchange.

norcalfishslayer
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Try calling Eagle, if your lucky they may send you one in exchange.

Much easier to take it back to where I got it (Walmart) and get a refund. They were out, bu the next closest store has one, so I may swing by there and grab it.

RonM
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Much easier to take it back to where I got it (Walmart) and get a refund. They were out, bu the next closest store has one, so I may swing by there and grab it.

I didn't know Walmart carried that model, the ones here only have the cheaper ones. At least Walmarts warehouse is in Redding so it wouldn't take them long to get another for you.

norcalfishslayer
10-03-2005, 08:37 PM
I didn't know Walmart carried that model, the ones here only have the cheaper ones. At least Walmarts warehouse is in Redding so it wouldn't take them long to get another for you.

Actually, Walmarts warehouse (distributoin center) is in Red Bluff, where I'm at. But I guess it doesn't work that way with Walmart. A store can ask, ask, ask, and they may or may not get it. I'll go by the Redding store tomorrow and grab the one they have, if it doesn't sell tonight. They wouldn't hold it for me.

frank

Duzwatido
10-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Do you guys think the 320 would mount to an infatible pontoon? I rally want a fish finder and am trying to figure out the best one for the $.

RonM
10-04-2005, 12:03 PM
Do you guys think the 320 would mount to an infatible pontoon? I rally want a fish finder and am trying to figure out the best one for the $.

Most of the Fish Finder mountings are standard, maybe you can get something like this to work for you. Click Here (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21276&rid=&indexId=cat21 402&navAction=push&navCount=1&parentType=index&par entId=cat21402&id=0000844)

norcalfishslayer
10-04-2005, 07:20 PM
WEll picked up another 320 today. Won't be able to test it until this weekend, but got it pretty much installed. Just wondered... You guys that are runing them, if you turn on the finder in the driveway, does it read 0.0 ft.? Mine doesn't, and neither did the one that I took back. It reads 5.6 ft. My other finder reads 0.0 ft. I just don't understand why it would do that. Hope it doesn't work (not work) like the other one I purchased. Let me know guys...

Frank

theRick
10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
My 320 reads short depths when turned on out of the water, I sometimes check my voltage with the finder instead of the multimeter before I go fishing (lazy). Just don't leave it on for very long, the transducer is supposed to be in the water when operating. I'm not sure why I have just heard this from other people on these boards.

norcalfishslayer
10-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Rick, thanks for the reply. I'll get it checked out more throughly this weekend .

Frank

Duzwatido
10-05-2005, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the link Ron. We shall see.

Klamdog
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
norcalfishslayer,
I've had 320's on my last two boats, and sometimes out of water I'll get a depth reading (it varies depending on where I'm parked), other times, I'll get a zero depth reading. But both finders have worked great in the water, and give very accurate depth readings. You really have to put it in the water to see if this one's working right. I hope it works out this time!

norcalfishslayer
10-05-2005, 07:57 PM
norcalfishslayer,
I've had 320's on my last two boats, and sometimes out of water I'll get a depth reading (it varies depending on where I'm parked), other times, I'll get a zero depth reading. But both finders have worked great in the water, and give very accurate depth readings. You really have to put it in the water to see if this one's working right. I hope it works out this time!
Thanks Klamdog. I'll hit the water tis weekend and see. I thik I was getting some noise in it from the engine. I"m also going to try and other location for the wireing and screen unit.

Frank

SturgeonVirgin
10-05-2005, 08:44 PM
* * My 320 reads short depths when turned on out of the water, I sometimes check my voltage with the finder instead of the multimeter before I go fishing (lazy). *Just don't leave it on for very long, the transducer is supposed to be in the water when operating. *I'm not sure why I have just heard this from other people on these boards.

FYI it is not good to run the xducer out of water for more than a few seconds. The high frequency sonar beam needs a place to go, and if it is not in water, you run the risk of delaminating the internals, causing permanent damage.