PDA

View Full Version : Co Pilot  - How well do they work ?

Durb
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
My friend just bought a bow mount and was told by the person who was selling them to buy the small corded co pilot instead of the remote one. He said the remote ones do not work very well. You need to have a direct line of site or they do not pick up the signal. I am going to buy a bow mount soon and was looking to get the remote co pilot with it. Now I am having second thoughts on the remote one. What luck are YOU having with the remote co pilot.

Thanks Durb

Fishwrestler
09-10-2005, 07:28 PM
I have had mine for a little over 10 month now and love it Don't know how i fished before with out it. YOu do have to have line of site to the head but thats not a problem on my boat. I like not having a cord. the convience of a cordless far outweights the few times I have to move so head unit can pick up the remote signal.
Would buy it again in a heart beat well worth the money
FW

1_shoshone
09-10-2005, 07:58 PM
I have a co pilot on my boat and i do have a problem with mine. When trolling in and around other boats thats when it seems like mine doesnt want to work! I use my foot control along with my remote just in case my remote wont respond.It sucks being worried about running into another boat if my remote desides it doesnt want to work. >:(

huggyspot
09-11-2005, 04:23 PM
At least with a cord on it you wont loose it overboard :P

Durb
09-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I have a co pilot on my boat and i do have a problem with mine. When trolling in and around other boats thats when it seems like mine doesnt want to work! I use my foot control along with my remote just in case my remote wont respond.It sucks being worried about running into another boat if my remote desides it doesnt want to work. >:(

Thats what the guy had told my friend. Have to have a line of site. On a small boat I would think it should not be a problem. Add a windshield, facing the back of boat. Maybe the cord may be better. Anyone else with the co pilot that can give a ya or na

fish4fun
09-11-2005, 09:10 PM
The Co-pilot is great! Use it for all my trolling. Put the trolling motor on Auto-pilot and control the direction and speed remotely with the Co-pilot. Let's me work the riggers and land fish out of the back of the boat. Even use it to "steer" the boat when I'm powering my boat with the kicker motor. Can't say enough about how much it helps me to fish.. Larry

Durb
09-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Are you running your electric DR on the same battery or a seperate batteries for the riggers and minn kota

BoiceJetGuy
09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
Ive got a big deep Aluminum jet boat and have had no problems with my co pilot. Whether im standing up or sitting on my bench seats, it works fine. I love the wrist band controls, sure beats a cord. I can be sitting on my jet platform with my feet in the water and steeering my boat at the same time.

LKTROR
09-12-2005, 07:31 AM
I have had mine for two years with no problems at all. It's the greatest thing since canned beer!

Bassassin
09-12-2005, 09:48 AM
I love mine! I would almost call it a MUST own.

FISHSTALKER
09-12-2005, 04:17 PM
Mine works very well! Even with the cabin doors closed. I have not had occasion yet to plug in or use the foot control. It's a salt water 24 volt auto pilot/co-pilot model. I attach my remote control to my license which hangs from around my neck.