PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: garelick kicker motor mount

FF_MYRL
09-01-2005, 11:24 AM
I just bought a garelick 20hp stainless steel transom mount, for my 15 hp yamaha 4 stroke. I bought this off of ebay in so it came with no instructions. on the mount (sticker)it says to remove motor while trailering, is this true, or is it just to release the company of liability if the motor falls off. I have seen many boats going down the road with kickers on the mount, maybe the are mounted different. I plan on mounting this within a couple days. if anyone has any suggestions or advice on mounting it, please let me know.

thank you for any help.

SuperDave
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.garelick.com/

Looks like the website provides some information and contacts to answer specific questions.

sashimi_express
09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
;D Is it the 4 stroke rated version? I had one that was rated rated for the heavier 4 strokes and put a 9.9 Merc on it and towed my rig every where with no problems. The weight between a 15 hp 4 stroke and a 2 stroke is quite different.I would find out before I hang that investment off of it. ;D

fence_man
09-01-2005, 08:10 PM
I have the instrucions sheet. make sure it rated for 4 strokes not saying it will not work. heavy duty bracket model 71090. rated for 4 strokes up to 160 lbs.

FF_MYRL
09-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I am not for sure if it is for a 4 stroke or a 2 stroke, all it says is up to 20 hp and 120# limit. My yamaha 15 hp is 99# wet.

I ran into another problem: I was goinig to mount it on the passenger side of the boat. This is because my steering connection I bought comes off the main motors steering cable and then mounts to my kicker. It will not work if the kicker is mounted on the drivers side. however, my live well sets on the left side and I have no access to the inside of the transom behind the live well (Mon-ark aluminum boat 19.5' w/ 7.5' beam). I may have to rig a steering connector from the rear of the main o/b to the rear of my kicker.

I called Boat Country today and they want over $200 for the connection that hose clamps to your motor. Does anyone have any cheaper ideas for making this work.

fishkiller
09-02-2005, 03:48 AM
8)cabelas and bass pro have a linkage for steering. 8)