PDA

View Full Version : Kayak Fishing

T-160_Navigator
08-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Hello Everyone!
I'm fairly new here but not to the sport. I've been fishing for almost 25 years now. I just recently purchased a Wilderness Tarpon 160 Angler Kayak and fully rigged it and it is so awesome. Just something about being so close to the water and having something practically pull you around from the deep, quite exhilirating after the landing process, let me tell you.
Definitely hooked! I even got a trolling motor on there and have been killing Trout & Bass left and right. I am mounting a downrigger this weekend for the Kokanee. Would love to talk YANGLING (that's Kayak Angling). See all of you out there. I will be posting pics of my T-160 very soon

Brettski
08-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Welcome to the boards! I don't have anything to do with or knowlege of kayak fishing but it sounds fun! We all like stories and pics though! I for one would like to see your kayak.Try going to some of the other forums too! Brettski

T-160_Navigator
08-24-2005, 04:27 PM
Cool Brettski,
Oh wait til you see it. It is great. Hey how do you post pics on here? Still gotta take pics though. I got it! After or while mounting my downrigger I'll take some pics and post them before this weekend then I'll go to UVR for Kokanee then I'll let you know how well I did and post the pics on my Kayak for Kok's 8/26-8/28 trip. Should be fun. After the downrigger all I need is a fishfinder/GPS, but that was what I am saving for last( tryin to test my skills without it. Definitely lookin forward to yaking with a finder though. Probably will need it with a downrigger and all. My wife says my Kayak is a curse to our marriage. HAHAHAH Plenty fish in the SEA. J/K

SuperDave
08-25-2005, 06:35 AM
I've done some kayak fishing in lakes and for the most part enjoyed it. The biggest negative for me was the difficulty to fish 360 degrees. In trolling, not a problem but drifting and casting only allowed me about 180 degree range of motion without a lot of re-positioning.

RonM
08-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Cool Brettski,
Oh wait til you see it. It is great. Hey how do you post pics on here? Still gotta take pics though. I got it! After or while mounting my downrigger I'll take some pics and post them before this weekend then I'll go to UVR for Kokanee then I'll let you know how well I did and post the pics on my Kayak for Kok's 8/26-8/28 trip. Should be fun. After the downrigger all I need is a fishfinder/GPS, but that was what I am saving for last( tryin to test my skills without it. Definitely lookin forward to yaking with a finder though. Probably will need it with a downrigger and all. My wife says my Kayak is a curse to our marriage. HAHAHAH Plenty fish in the SEA. J/K

This may help: Click Here (http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?board=sniffermsg_main;action=display;num=1 099806237)

SuperDave
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
http://www.flakayak.com/art/tarpon160-top.gif

http://www.flakayak.com/art/tarpon160-side.gif

Tarpon 160

MadCanoe
08-28-2005, 09:27 AM
We use a Canoe. Transom mounted power. Gas & Electric. Wired the Gunwhales. Practically hard to find power limited enough. I wish they made one horse 4 strokes..... -=Cy