PDA

View Full Version : Sevylor Inflatable Boats

fishrman4life
08-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Has anyone owned one of these? Are they reliable? Is the gauge of PVC sufficient? Is it worth while to buy one just to be able to go somewhere on a lake? Im on a budget so I dont want to buy something more expensive than maybe 500 bucks for boat, motor, gear, accessories, etc.

drift
08-14-2005, 07:05 PM
I recently was looking into buying an infatable boat. I did lots of research, and looked into many companies. I was going to buy a Sevylor Fish Hunter 360 (http://www.shipstore.com/ss/HTML/SEV/SEVHF360PKG4.html) until I came across some reviews of the Sea Eagle 8 (http://seaeagle.com/motormount/SE8.asp) inflatable. I ended up buying the Sea Eagle, and for about 800 bucks I got a Sea Eagle 8 with floorboards, motormount support bench seat, bench seat, oars, foot pump, motor mount, Minn Kota Endura 30 trolling Motor, AGM battery, and three stage charger. The Sea Eagle seems to be of better quality than the Sevylor rafts, but I have talked to many people who have Sevylors and they love them. There were some posts recently about Sevylor rafts, you should try to do a search for them. I was going to order the Sevylor 360 from shipstore, but as it turns out they had backordered the floorboards until November and I needed my boat for a Donnor Lake trip in mid August. If you don't mind waiting, the Shipstore boat is a helluva deal. Good Luck!

sokoo
08-15-2005, 01:06 PM
My first boat was a cheap inflatable, bought from BassPro for $40 or something. Leaked pretty bad after just 2 or 3 times use and thrown away. Was in my friend's inflatable before and also didn't like it. Unless you are talking about the hard type inflatables, these things are unstable and uncomfortable to sit in. Second boat was a 12' Porta Bote and love it. Costs over $1000 but it's a real boat that can take me almost anywhere. In my opinion the Porta Bote is more stable than same size aluminun boats. Assembling them is probably faster than inflating the rubber boat. carrying and storing is easy. I recently ordered a bigger aluminun, because I need more range for some salmon fishing. But I still like the Porta Bote. Here is what I and my friends caught in the Porta Bote in 3 years: 3 salmon, maybe 15 halibut, around 150 trout, several hundred rockfish and lingcod, 5 bass, a few dozen crappie, some rays, sharks and other small fish ::). Fish caught from the inflatable: 0 :-[.

slowtroller
08-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Fishrmen4life
I have a 10.6ft Sea Eagle that I have been using for 4yrs. :) It has never leaked. It has the hard plastic floorboards and very stable. I carry it on a Harbor Freight trailer. I use a Minn-Kota Endura & also a Honda 8hp. Small, catches fish. 8) 8) And I love it

Tight Lines

fishrman4life
08-15-2005, 07:52 PM
thats exactly what i was thinking

the only thing about sea eagle's ordering system is that they only have 3 packages...the two i want break my 500 dollar bank for a boat. i am thinking of just buying the sea eagle from west marine and buying or fabricating a floor board or having it done for me at a less expensive price, then buying the motor, mount, and battery online

i have been in a sea eagle with a buddy of mine and it is the best thing ive seen in inflatables for a long time, the only better one is zodiac because of their military uses...but those are 3 grand a pop...no thanks ;D

alfredo
08-16-2005, 05:50 PM
I've seen inflatables at Adventure Sports on Watt Ave., near Arden. I think they were Sea Eagles.

They have had the best prices on the three kayaks I purchased there.