PDA

View Full Version : Shoot thru hull Xducer mounting

Hogsbro
07-29-2005, 11:14 AM
A friend of mine is doing a shoot thru the hull mount, and was wondering what kind of adheasive he should use to mount the transducer. Thanks

BassFooler
07-29-2005, 12:38 PM
An epoxy such as 3M will do the trick -make sure theres no air bubbles in the epoxy
I know this works on solid fiberglass- but would double check for uses on aluminum and multi-layered fiberglass.
Good luck and tight lines! :)

willbilly
07-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Went to a class at FW last night the instructor said " do not use the 5 min. Epoxy it will not hold up and come loose" use only regular set and you will be ok.
hope this helps. you can call FW or stop by for help.

TS5655
07-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I was at that class too. Great job by Alan. Lot's of good information.

TS

fishkiller
07-30-2005, 06:37 PM
8)Hogs bro use regular epoxy, sand hull smooth and clean well, sand bottom of transducer too and clean. But all that work to loose 20 % sensativity and probably will have trouble at high speed. They wont work on metal boats or fiberglass reinforced plywood boats are hard to find spots with no voids in the wood. All fiberglass is best.If there is plywood in the hull sand the spot and transducer, put boat in water and submerge the transducer in water it acts like the epoxy it has to look through. someone needs to hold transducer down and someone drive slow watch screen gradully pic up speed to wot is it still there on the screen can he live with what he see's if not need to find another spot less turbulant.If it looks ok take boat out drain water dry for 2 days in air epoxy down. Lot of work but getting the transducer back up after you epoxy is a major pain. ;) :o 8)

Hogsbro
07-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks for all the help. I'll let him know. He is only trying to get a return off of the bottom. It is one of those non-fishing boats (I know what a waste!) The hull is fiberglass, and seems to have a place that is made for mounting a transducer built in.