PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream concepts Yuba city

superchicken
07-19-2005, 05:21 PM
Anybody use them, was thinking of having them build a rigid canopy for my boat..

SuperDave
07-19-2005, 05:37 PM
My boat is there right now. Have you talked to Phil yet? He showed me some binders when I was there of his work, he has projects you wouldn't believe. He has contracts with some of the corrections agencies and is swamped with sheffifs boats right now.

SuperDave
07-20-2005, 06:22 AM
In addition to doing amazing structural work on aluminum boats, Phil shoots a lot of zolatone. After our failed attempts to DIY, I found that not many places have the expertise or equipment. For all those that were interested in some zolatone work, I'll let you know how mine turns out.

ITUKAWAL
07-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Hinrid, glad I caught this early. When Son mentioned rigid canopy is that the same as "T" tops ??? ???

tdekens
07-20-2005, 06:42 AM
I was just talking to the old Supervisor for Yuba County who was highly recommending it. But should you trust the word of a fisherman who is also a politician? He is a good guy and I believe him. Said the same thing exactly that the guy does great work if I need any mods and also that he was backed up because of his contract.
2Shakes ;D ;D 8)

SuperDave
07-20-2005, 06:52 AM
IT, basically the same.

ITUKAWAL
07-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I've been kickin' the idea about for a removable / collapsible ( hard or soft top ) for the Arima for the last couple of years similar to this....

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/3518/ttop3go.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

I start getting all jazzed up about it til I realize it'll be about $1,500.00 for starters :'( Oh well........Money doesn't bring you happiness, but it sure enables you to look for it in so many other places.

drstressor
07-20-2005, 07:48 AM
On thing that you guys need to consider is that T tops really put a dent into a boat's fuel efficiency.

Dam*, there I go acting cheap again. ;D

ll_kaidoy_ll
07-20-2005, 09:09 AM
My dad has gone to Jetstream Concepts to get some parts for our Kodiak Jet Pump. The guy is very knowledgable and has many amazing projects both in the past and that he is currently working on. I remember him telling my dad that he is involved in a project with NASA. Jetstream Concepts is highly recommended.

ITUKAWAL
07-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, maybe as ( and I hate to think that far ahead ) Winter rolls around, Phil, might be a little less stressed with business. I need to take that next step. However, you have a good point Doc, fuel isn't getting any cheaper. ::) ::)

SuperDave
07-20-2005, 01:51 PM
We probably spend 85% of our time trolling Doc. Would the loss of fuel efficiency be reduced by the fact that we are going sub 2 mph? If fact, maybe the drag enables a guy to not buy a trolling motor or trolling plate. With some 1/2 logic, this thing could save a guy money! ;D

drstressor
07-20-2005, 02:06 PM
I just remember going from 3 mpg to 2.25 mpg on my Grady when I put on a T top. We were making round trip 80 mile runs and that difference added up to quite a bit.

But you're right, for short trips and low speed trolling it probably doesn't matter. And I guess when you figure in the money saved in Dermatology bills, you'd probably come out ahead. ;D