PDA

View Full Version : Columbia River Bouy 10 Salmon

viper2
09-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Friday I went out with two other guys to fish in the Columbia. *Fishing boats numbered in the hundreds!! *Never have I seen such a group of mostly tin boats. *Everyone managed to not run into each other or cross any lines.

We managed to catch 3 Kings and 1 Coho, 7-10 pounds, trolling with cut herring at 20-25 feet. *The limit there is 1 King and 1 Coho apiece.

The locals say this is a bit slow, but we were happy to bring in 4 salmon for a long day. *

Sure is beautiful country!

basil
09-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Yah, everyone that fishes the rivers in Oregon wants a jet sled, some of them even use them in shallow water to go up rapids! I think most of them buy them so they can screw up and run into mud banks because they can't read charts.

Seefood_Man
09-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Viper 2 So how do you like our little fishery ;) There is nothing wrong with 4 fish either and yes it has had a few slow days down there.
If you think it's nice down there you should get up to the Gorge. :o

basil, A lot of folks run jets here cause of all the trees and stumps that float down river. You can hit a tree at 35 mph and keep on getting it on down the river. With the flow of this river, unless you stay in the channel, charts are useless anyhow. That's why I'm in business :)

viper2
09-10-2007, 08:11 AM
Can't wait to get back. *Got blown out trying to troll for striper on the Sacramento River yesterday.

Last year we caught sturgeon and shad on the Willamette.