PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for pinks

davo1028
08-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey guys, my names David and im currently in Seattle. My uncle, dad, and I are lookin for pinks in the Seattle area, north of Seattle. We have tryed the Snohomish and Whidbey ferry but with no luck. If anyody knows where they are running (if they are running) i would love to know. Also, quick responses would be nice as we're trying to figure out where to go fishing tomorrow. Thanx in advance.

-Davo1028

isaaco77
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the boards, not many peple chime in from seattle. I am curious to know why you are looking for pinks, though. Do you mean silvers? The pinks are fun to catch but most don't eat them.

davo1028
08-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Yeah, we fish em and eat em. Caught four today, around five pounds off the Snohomish. Not a bad day of fishing.

skunk-monkey
08-17-2007, 07:52 PM
My brother and I are heading to Sekiu in two weeks...Labor Day weekend. In odd years the pinks runneth over up there, and right now the straits are full of them. Not sure if they're as far west as, say Pt. Angeles yet but if you called Olsen's Resort out of Sekiu, they'll tell you what's happening and I know the past week or so it's been red hot.

Even better, the silver run is picking up now too. Frequently they are in en masse by Labor Day weekend and you can load up on fat eight to pound pinks (aka Humpies) and 15-18 pound silvers. Fast, too. The bite can be absolutely insane. Check the regs because I think it's hatchery fish only and the limits are specific...like, two pinks, two silvers...I have to check myself. But in years past the labor day weekend bite up there can rival anything in Alaska.

I grew up down in Olympia and I also know that one of the many puget sound pink destinations is chambers creek near Steilacoom. It can light up down there mid-fall--you'd probably want to contact someplace like Narrows marina in Tacoma for details because it's been years since I fished that particular area but it can get hot as well.

Good luck and as far as I'm concerned pinks taste juuuuust fine!

davo1028
08-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey guy, thanx for your help. We fished the Snohomish today, and with only three people caught 20 pinks in only six hours. It was awesome. We rought four back to smoke or grill.