PDA

View Full Version : Dfg at Duxbury

tkdvellone
08-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Has anyone here been boarded by the Fish and game while out fishing. I was fishing at Duxbury for salmon and they pulled up next to my boat and boarded. A female dfg person asked if I had any salmon on the boat I said no, she then asked me to reel in my poles so she can check the barb on the hooks. All she did was look and said thanks. She the noticed I had 4 poles out and only 2 people on the deck of the boat. She asked why and I said the other 2 people are sleeping in the cabin she asked me to get them. I woked them up she checked the licenses and left. Other then boarding the boat she was very friendly and nice. Its a good thing they were in an inflatable because if they would have scratched my boat I would have been pissed.

65whaler
08-02-2007, 02:38 PM
proof that it's good to be legal - congrats on passing without a fine.

"just smile and wave boys, smile and wave"

;D ;D ;D

tkdvellone
08-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Yeah you should have heard the people on the radio, and most of the party boats left the area. I heard a few boats got boarded but I didnt think much of it till it happened to me.

Mickey_Thomas
08-02-2007, 02:44 PM
When they pulled up to me at Bodega it was the same drill, except they didn't come aboard, they just asked us to show them our set up that we were using and off they went. If you're legal you have nothing to worry about ;)

knof
08-02-2007, 02:45 PM
I agree with 65w, and see what following the rules does for you. Was the DFG female cute? If so, maybe you could of hook into her, if she was a keeper, lol. ;D ;D ;D

I've been checked in Moss this year and passed with flying colors.

tkdvellone
08-02-2007, 02:47 PM
She wasnt that bad i guess she looked average. If she was not a work and going out she would probably be a good looking female.

fishenrick
08-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Ah heck just tell them you are trolling halbut ;D

SUNRISECHASER
08-03-2007, 08:09 AM
Was the DFG gal Asian? Maybe Chineese?

nogimmies
08-04-2007, 10:07 AM
Saw them on thursday also.
Never got boarded but I always have legal equipment on board.
Maybe that's why Ive been loosing some?????

AnyH2oAnytme
08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Sheriff was out in high force this weekend near Fort Ross, Ocean cove checking for safety equipment on ALL types of boats. Apparently some boat owners aren't aware of some of the rules.

http://www.dbw.ca.gov/boatlaw.asp

It does sound a little funny to have life jackets on a dive boat but its the LAW