PDA

View Full Version : slowdega

65whaler
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
go fish offered to pick me up at my dock in tomales ... could't say no to valet fishing ... thanks bud :)

tried a bit for salmon or kings mooching the esteros for nada and same results for bar and bay halibut. nice day on the water.

Mickey_Thomas
07-28-2007, 04:30 PM
Gee, I just saw Capt Bob's report that they had early limits on the Miss Anita today to 20lbs, also reported good bags of Rocky's and Lings to 18lbs above Salt Point. What happened to the "hot Halibut" bite everyone was talking about? ::) Well at least you got out there 65W, I seem to be missing the whole Salmon season looking for a house :'(

Captain_Morgan
07-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Mickey you know it doesn't get hot till we get out there. I heard the bar was the place to go,humm, I'm surprised.

65whaler
07-29-2007, 11:14 PM
there was lots of folks working the bar ... looked like the good old days. we had a sneaker breaker that made a slushy about 50 yards from the boat in a spot that we'd been a couple minutes earlier in the drift and captain go_fish wisely pulled the plug and we went into the bay. i'm pretty sure the hali catching was there at the bar if anywhere, but if the captain isn't comfortable with the occasional breaker, i don't blame him. thanks to go_fish for the valet service - he literally picked me up at my dock and dropped me off at days end. he had a nice crew of friends and we had a blast. go_fish doesn't post that much but he's a true sniffer, and a great fisherman who knows tomales, bodega and the outer areas really well. he has a beautiful 22' whaler with twin two stroke 75hp's on it. great fishing boat. we're going to get our fish eventually.

knoff - we'll get our day in the sun ... or fog before the season's out. if i don't head up to ft. bragg with the bragger next weekend, i may go out with go_fish again, or put my whaler in the water. sure would be nice to hear of some fish coming down the line though.

nogimmies
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Sniffers,
Slow isn't the word .
Headed south Sat Am to Ten mile
Not even a scratch.
Pulled up after 2 hours and headed to the 300 ft mark
Trolled out there till 1:30
Ended up with 2 at 15 lbs at 13/8 ####,s
Both had big Sardines in Em.
60 pulls WMA 2# ball
Bait never got touched