PDA

View Full Version : Mixed Fortunes - Team Pile Update

JonnyP
06-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Hi guys,

Dead beat after almost 72 hours straight fishing!

Final tally was:

5 Kings - 14-27lb
Too many silvers to count
2 Halibut (23/24")
18 keeper dungeness

Awesome weekend, great crew, many laughs with a sprinkling of boat trouble to keep things interesting :-(

I'll post more info tomorrow, including some video of an awesome double king hook-up!

Tight lines, off for some well earned sleep....

Salmon_Tracker
06-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Had a nice day out of Moss today caught some nice kings at 51 / 56 on red and green Kroc. spoons at about 150ft When we got back in, the game warden was there, no bigge we thought. We had miss identified a silver as a king and got a ticket requiring a court date.
:'(

Has anyone else got a ticket and what did it cost? Did you have to go to court?

chicofishrmen
06-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Nicely done, Jonny!

Now get some well deserved shut eye & give us the full report when you can. Hmmmmm, did Mr. Minimalist (Rodney) catch anything! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gif catch anything? j/k Tom

keciga1
06-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Get some rest Jonny, we'll be looking for a report tomorrow.

fishenrick
06-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Nice job Team Pile,can't beat 72 hours of fishing with good company,priceless

Intimidator
06-04-2007, 05:24 AM
Way to go boys!!!!!!!
Sorry about you Silver, not sure what it's going to cost you but it will be a bunch?????

rlammi
06-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Great time on the water , couln't have asked for a better crew and Captain ,JonnyP Rocks great decission not to attempt the islands not really knowing what was going on ,put us on some very nice kings and way to tear up the BUTT'S . It was a long weekend but a very rewarding time on the water with a great bunch of guys ,Hanz Bricks your breaking my Ba!!$ ;D ;D
Ron

sunracer1957
06-04-2007, 07:55 AM
What a great weekend!! I tried to post up Saturday night but was so spent I couln't see the keyboard.. You couldn't ask for a better time even with the boat issues.

We started Sat morn with a trip out to the Islands in mind but the boat thought otherwise. We were having some kind of fuel issues and EVERY time we got near the gate it would sputter out then run fine for a few miles and sputter again.

The crew made the call to stay close to home and we set up a troll that took us twords Dux. at about 10:00am Rlammi has a release and it was fish on and a nice King around 27 lbs hit the deck first fish in the box.

At that point we changed up and all put out the same gear it was about 2 hours later that Rlammi was hooked up again then two seconds later I hooked up so now we had a double on the line. We played it slow and Rlammi was first to the net and Krzy did the honors. Like the true master he is Krzy had the fish out on the deck and ready for fish #2 I brought mine to the boat and Krzy made the scoop and a double landed.

Rlammi's fish was around 14lbs and mine was close to 18lbs. The morning flurry was it for the Kings Saturday and we had a few silvers late in the afternoon. Bassasin and Donzi met us out by Dux for the day and as far as I know they didn't boat any fish. The birds started to crash some bait just as we were heading back to the ramp and maybe if we would have stayed a while longer it may have turned on again but who knows.

On Sunday we all had the Farallons in mind but again as soon as we got under the Gate the boat played the same tune as Saturday so we decided to head out to where the guys dropped pots and fish around there. We all decided to fish till 1:00pm and head back to ramp. While out by the lite bucket Jonny pulled two Silvers and that was it for the day. We had a few other bumps but none stuck so we pulled pots and made the run back.

With Rlammi's castle on wheels and Jonnys awesome Sport Craft I'm starting to get mighty spoiled. We fish out of the back of the truck most of the time and this is WAY better ;)

A big thanks to the guys for having me along.

Jonny, like Rlammi said you rock.
Rlammi, Just send me the bill for the hotel room
Krzy, not a better net man on the planet

AWESOME just AWESOME.....RD

sunracer1957
06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Just a side post about the weekend.

Rlammi is buy far the best fishing chef to date! We had Tri Tip with taters and veggies to die for Friday night and Saturday was just as tasty with Pheasent stuffed Ravioli and all the fixens.

Like I said I'm getting so spoiled I'm not going to want to do the camping out of the truck anymore. We ran into a few other Sniffers while out. Fishjunky, Captfishalot, Righthook Charters as I recall.

Thanks for all the great food guys and you won't find a finer group to fish with ;)...RD

metalmouth
06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Great friends and great feasts. Sounds like you guys had a great time on the water! ;D

freon
06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
way to go guys, great friends, great food and great fishing, its great when you get them all together :D
Sounds like the birthday boy was shut out though >:(
Thats sort of unusual, you guys arent supposed to let that happen to Erik on his bday weekend :o
Must be something wrong with the universe or something ;)

JonnyP
06-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Here's our usual evidence:

Running the gate with birthday boy at the helm :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htublx33aQ

Doing the Duxbury Double
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Fwf6_2LFk

Enjoy!

sunracer1957
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Jonny

Thanks again for a wonderfull weekend I really enjoyed it..Tom

Freon

Krzy was chomping at the bit for some Rock action he just wanted to GAFF something, but it wasen't in the cards..next time I'm sure ;)

rlammi
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
JonnyP awesome video thanks for posting it up .And KRZY almost got a gaff in me pulling crab pots ,note to self dont grab a crab pot bouy when a gaff is flying at it :o :o ,thankfully it missed and i got the crab bouy .
Ron

JonnyP
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Another vid of 'hot-rod' Ron

Nice king!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdTuBldCXXM

exocet
06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
Great report. Sounds like you guys had a blast. I'm glad that you listened to your boat when it was telling you not to go to the farallons. I love the videos, good times. :D

keciga1
06-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Great job TEAM PILE. JP the vids are awesome.

rlammi
06-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Thanks JonnyP for posting up the other video looks awesome . ;) can't wait to do it again .
Ron

krzyfshrmn
06-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks for another great time on the water guys. Allthough my rod did a lot of "resting" most of the weekend, it's just as fun watching you guys pull in the fish. Action is action.

Another note to self......DO NOT under any circumstances drop crab traps in 97 fet of water with only 100 feet of rope......it's all bad ;D. Sure thought I had 150 on that one :P

metalmouth
06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
That is so cool guys! [smiley=yahoo.gif] [smiley=yikes.gif] [smiley=yahoo.gif] My mouth is watering for some of that!
[smiley=worthy.gif] [smiley=worthy.gif] [smiley=worthy.gif]
Thanks

MM

fishenrick
06-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Happy belated birthday Krzy, I guess we all got to have those days when our rod just sits there,hopefully far and few inbetween.
Good thing the swells were not to bad with only 100 feet of rope in 97 feet of water,sounds like you guys had a good time.

steeliejim
06-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Sorry about the tic. Wonder if those are Klamath/Trinity slivers. And, are they hatchery fish (no adipose)? :'(. Sure would be nice if we could keep hatchery silvers ala Oregon.

Here's a kinda cool website on different Pacific salmon

http://www.1alaskaadventure.com/Alaska_FishingInfo/King_Salmon/king_salmon.html

Main differences are silvers have spots on top half of dorsal, while kings have spots on both halves and kings have black gum lines and silvers' are gray.

Jim

chicofishrmen
06-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Ron,

I just watched your fish catching prowness video, nice. What fly were you using?

rlammi
06-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Chico , Chico ,it wasn't a fly it was a wedding ring with pink corn ;D ;D
I will give you two guesses and the first two don't count , i got you covered ;) ;)
Ron

chicofishrmen
06-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Ron,

I was praying that was the one! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/worthy.gif http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/cool.gif Was it just the one fish, or did it catch more?

Rodney, so what was it you were saying about us buying to much gear??? http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/tongue.gif http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif

Rusty_Hooks
06-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Nice video JP......not to speak of the pheasant ravioli

you guys are too much ;D ;D

camp food ;) ::)

sunracer1957
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Chico

Don't go thinking your the first on the list to blast my minimal gear mentality,, but if you look at all the Bodega threads from last week it looked like RSK, FBR, and Watermellon Apex did a fine fine job.

Like I said before you guys can buy and run whatever you want, I'll save my dollars for the REALLY important stuff like beer and lead..RD

PS: besides MM has enough gear to supply the whole camp ;D ;D

rlammi
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
It was a pheasant /duck ravioli with a tomato infused pasta dough in an alfredo sauce ,love that stuff . Had an awesome time with the guys look forward to the next time out .
Ron

ric1ric
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Darn Ron you got the palace and the chef skills they may never invite me again. ;D

chicofishrmen
06-05-2007, 12:47 PM
but if you look at all the Bodega threads from last week it looked like RSK, FBR, and Watermellon Apex did a fine fine job.

Now be honest Tom, do you think that is becuase those lures are the only ones that catch fish, or is it do to the fact that is 99% of people fish those lures, because old habits die hard, or old dogs don't like learning new tricks?

sunracer1957
06-05-2007, 12:48 PM
ric1ric

I can understand how you feel!!! I'm surprised they ask me, heck I'm a pain in the A$$ to fish with , never bring any gear, blind as a bat, lose most of my fish.

HEY WHY DO YOU GUYS FISH WITH ME!!!!!

Maybe I better shut up before they have second thoughts :P

sunracer1957
06-05-2007, 01:01 PM
Chico

Thats a hard call, but I do see that there were a good portion of folks who came back with limits so they must work I would say. Like I said fish anything you want and when all else fails wheres my crowbar?? FISH LOVE MEAT!!!!

chicofishrmen
06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
I have no doubt they work, I'm always on the lookout for something that works better http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif After I spent all this money on gear, the mooch bite will be on and that's what I'll do 90% of the weekend (the other 10% will be trolling to & from moochin spots) http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/rolleyes.gif

rlammi
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I just try and use what I feel confident with on theday I am fishing I figure if the bite isn't wide open the longer it is the water the better .LIke RD said pulling your line out doesn't catch fish unless you are pulling trash off the line .
Ron

metalmouth
06-05-2007, 01:57 PM
After watching Ron on video, I want to fish with what he has confidence in too! :P

sunracer1957
06-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Chico

I'm just pulling some chain!!! I have nothing against new gear, if I had the extra cash it takes to load up my box I would.

I guess they way I see it most of the time I'm ocean fishing on someone elses boat and just like last weekend theres so much tackle that we don't have room for one more rod!!! ;D ;D so why bring stuff I probley won't use? and if we do stumble across something that red hot everyone buys lures in bulk so whoever came up with the latest and greatest will probley have more. So in a nut shell I'm just being considerate for the Captain by not bringing bag after bag of gear. ;)

Hows that for rational ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS : I'm just cheap.. but it did sound good ;D

chicofishrmen
06-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Tom,

I too was yanking your chain! Like you, I am frugal (sounds better than cheap http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Templates/Forum/default/grin.gif) The majority of my gear has been bought off ebay or gofishin.com. For example off ebay I got 6 good hoochies for 99 cents (plus $1.50 for shipping) Like you said I've got to much to gear to test in a weekend! I've got some sweet bucktail hoochies, in green, blue & white(8 colors, sizes & brands in all) 10 or more rsk's, fbr's etc in various colors/sizes, 20+ apexes again in different sizes/colors, spoons a plenty, lymans, j-plugs, etc. etc. I'd be more than happy to let you borrow any of my gear to try out. I just want to go NOW!