PDA

View Full Version : salmon slowdown on 5/31

HookedForLife
05-31-2007, 09:05 PM
After hearing about the limit fishing on Tuesday and Wednesday on many of the Bay Area partyboats, I went out on Thursday and we managed only 7 salmon for 15 anglers plus two boat fish. I was lucky to get one! Other boats also had reduced counts. Fishing conditions were great!!

I hope it picks up again soon, as I would like to catch a couple more for our upcoming Father's Day family BBQ and bash!

Fort_Bragger
06-01-2007, 06:33 AM
It was the same out of Fort Bragg yesterday. *The season so far can be described as schizophrenic at best. *The Salmon usually come in sputters and spurts early in the season, but this is June already. *It's a long time until the traditional peak fishing. It's tough to be patient. Hopefully it will start to rock and roll pretty soon.........

knof
06-01-2007, 06:56 AM
HookedForLife, where did you go out of???

fish_junky
06-01-2007, 07:14 AM
More detail please. Where and what? :-?

HookedForLife
06-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I went on the New Easy Rider out of Berkeley. I caught my fish on a watermelon apex at 65 one-foot pulls. All of the other fish were caught on straight bait (anchovies) except one of the boat rods, which fished deep on a downrigger using a green/silver flasher and hoochie (no bait). Another boat rod caught a salmon fishing near the bottom with bait. I don't know exactly where we were fishing, but we were northwest of the Golden Gate at several locations.