PDA

View Full Version : Charter Info

Fish-on
03-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I am looking for boats in Bodega for early April, any suggetions? Never been out for salmon in the spring time and wondering if early April is a productive time. Sounds like we are in jepordy of losing the season and at best maybe a short season so I would like to get out as early as I can if it can be productive.

Thanks.......kb

triggerfish
03-07-2006, 07:23 AM
In Bodega,you have Bodega bay sportfishing. They got the larger party boats 45'-65'.The new sea angler is the only boat that I have been out on. I recomend it. And then over at Wil's fishing adventures they got a nice fleet of 6 pack boats 26'-34' boats. I have never fished on them,But I only hear good things about them. The season is suposed to start on the 1st. Its hard to know where the salmon are ,until someone locates them. They could be anywhere.

brian_m
03-07-2006, 02:26 PM
i used to deckhand on the 27' samatha irene with Capt Les...wich i recommend and also i recommend the Payback with capt. Dave and Capt. Bob has a great boat as well...i also recommend the Sandy Ann but its pretty small she mite not make it out opening day but skipper George is a kick in the pants i recommend *him in the summer months when its a little bit calmer.
i do NOT recommend the new sea angler because he take you out in bad weather, not worth it..go with skippers that care about there costumers. im not sure if the calico is running but that another good boat as well...so id recommend any of the six pack boats!

triggerfish
03-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Now that we have established that only the skippers at wil's "care about their customers." It's looking like we might get a month in before they make any changes in the season. "I hope" ! Reservations will be a must on all weekend trips,most likely. Its going to be crazy.I expect Some guys will be trying to cram in a whole season in a few weeks. So be prepaired for some company!

gmdcdvm
03-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Hey Brian_M. Some guys might actually like a Captain who is not put off my bad weather. Its not for me, but I have talked to people who love the bad weather days: mor rail space and less tangles. I much prefer clams seas and sunny skies. Its all a matter of opinion, but thanks for the info. I have been thinking of trying out Bodega this year, if this year happens. :'(

65whaler
03-08-2006, 04:38 AM
good luck on those sunny days and calm seas el jeffe. ;)

i am with brian's selects on boats. six packs are much more dynamic and fun. the 100 people on the new sea angler doesn't sound fun to me - though they will go out on a foggy gale and fish all day - something the six packs cant do.

brian_m
03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
hey El Jefe Chingon, true there are some peolpe that enjoy those day like myself..but, it crosses the line when some days are just to rough..just like the salmon opener last year...the sea angler did go out but 27 i think out of 29 got sick and they still didnt come in...hell ive been out on the sea angler on rough days myself and from my expierence and from others, go with skippers that take care of you, its not worth it...but thats just my opinion.