PDA

View Full Version : dear arnold et al,

65whaler
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM
[for those of you with writers block, you're welcome to use the letter i sent]

Dear -----------,
If you close down the salmon fishery I will hold you personally accountable through the electorate and the giant banner flying high in the back of my boat trailer parked near the steps of the state capitol with your name on it. You know as well as we [the fishing community] that it is the gross mismanagement of the Klamath river that has caused the critical decline of returning wild salmon. It is a well known fact that more than 80% of the kill happens in the river due to logging, water takes, the trinity dam and whatever else is going on up there.

Do the right thing. Focus your energies on fixing the real problem. Salmon fishermen are your friends – nobody wants a healthy fishery more than us. Until you cross us. Then you’ve made a well organized enemy with lots of time on their hands this summer. Do the right thing.

Sincerely,
------ --------

fishingphil
02-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Man, did you really send that!? I wonder if the post office has my wimpy note still so I can trade it in for yours!
-Phil

knof
03-02-2006, 07:50 AM
Great letter!
I like, and for my local assymbly members et al, I've included at the end "Do the right thing if you ever want me to vote for you in the future."

KNof

Steelhead
03-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Do the right thing if you ever want me to vote for you in the future

Do you actually believe there is a politician out there who even understands the concept of "right thing" [smiley=wileecoyote.gif]

Desert_Rat
03-05-2006, 06:23 AM
Great letter, I believe I'll take you up on the offer.