PDA

View Full Version : bodega bay report

jbguzzi
10-30-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi all,
Any recent report from Bodega on the salmon? We am going out there Nov 5 for the crabs and was hoping to hook up some late season salmon. If anyone is willing to divulge, any wheres and hows on the hookup it would be much appreciated. I saw in the FS report from a week or so ago that they were getting action at 200+ ft of depth off of elephant rock. Is it still going strong? Anybody know about what depth was the bite and what is setup is working the best? We will try a few different things, as it will probably change by then!
Thanks!
John

Sea_Snake
10-30-2005, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the board jbguzzi. cant wait for a crab salmon combo. since you will be fishing with me you will get to witness my salmon seceret wepon in action again.

jbguzzi
10-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the board jbguzzi. cant wait for a crab salmon combo. since you will be fishing with me you will get to witness my salmon seceret wepon in action again.

Very good, I got one in the works too! Sure is quiet out there..

I was just at Broadway Bait, There was some guys that had pulld 2 18-20#rs out of the sacramento river. They looked good!

JB

Mickey_Thomas
10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
Now we have to see if there are any salmon still lurking in Bodega Bay ???

basil
10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
There were salmon caught at the Russian River Sunday the 30th. Not everyone caught fish but there was enough
action to keep things interesting.

I heard they were having about the same luck at Elephant Rock. So, the fishing is okay 7 miles either way from Bodega, but no one is fishing at Bodega. At least not talking about it.

jbguzzi
11-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the report, Our plan was to head up north by the Russian River. Hopefully we will hook up some of the lingering salmons. Maybe pull some crabs out on Saturday also , would make for a nice dinner..

65whaler
11-03-2005, 12:56 PM
looks like the ground swell will keep me bottled up in tomales bay this weekend. good luck out there. :-/

jbguzzi
11-03-2005, 01:56 PM
looks like the ground swell will keep me bottled up in tomales bay this weekend. good luck out there. :-/

Yea, it looks like its gonna be a bit rough. We'll see how long we last... If not to the Boathouse we come! Well, we'll probably go there anyhow!

Team_Sheryl_Lee
11-03-2005, 04:28 PM
tell em hello for me
dont know when i will get over there
was there yesterday to do some work on my boat (crab hoist and genneral maint.)
just as my boss called to say we were working today
the starter locked up...aw well ...i guess i can bring one over and do the install, but that will burn up most of a first day
such is life...
catch some rain days and pull a tarp over me and the motor compartment
well any way...

TSL

Intimidator
11-03-2005, 08:08 PM
TSL how was the weather down at Bodega today?
Coming down for the weekend and staying at the Dunes.
"Intimidator" ch.77

Team_Sheryl_Lee
11-03-2005, 09:21 PM
on wednesday the weather was a little breezy
mostly sunny
had my head down most of the day just working on my boat
t-shirt weather but i was busy
spud point marina was flying the red flag (small craft warning)
i never even cast off the lines or drove my little p/u to the head to look
only saw a one boat come in all day
sorry i am not of much help for you

TSL

it was supposed to have rained...had the day off
back to digging up the streets in folsom today

Intimidator
11-04-2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks for that TSL looks like big ground swell all weekend.
We will keep are fingers crossed.

jbguzzi
11-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Ok, so we had our weekend and got limits..of Crab! We tried trolling in between pots , but we did not give much of an effort going for the lingering salmon, there was a fellow pulling his boat out ahead of us got his limit of salmon we saw. We did try for a few hours around the mouth of the Russian River and right off of Carmet. There was tons of little bait showing and birds feeding, it was quite a show. We just messed around later on keeping close to the pots by salmon creek bottm fishing and having fun, it was a nice day, the swells were big at times , but all in all it was a great day. Cant wait till next year for the kings to come back to Bodega.