PDA

View Full Version : Bodega anyone?

brian_m
10-14-2005, 02:39 PM
took the day off work tomorrow and headed for the salmon with pops. anyone gunna be out? forcast aint looking to shaby!!!

brian on the samantha irene, chnl 77 & 09

Mickey_Thomas
10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Sorry Brian, you know I want to go ??? won't be able to make it back there till Nov. 3rd but I'll be inviting a crowd ;) ;D weather permitting that is ::)

Fishquest
10-14-2005, 06:58 PM
I was there today and it was pretty slow. Six hours of trolling (solo) for 4 shakers. Finally around 2pm a 14lber and one more shaker. This was down south between the rocks, 200' of water. Find the biggest baitball you can and try to stay on it.

Supperman
10-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Hey Brian..
I would love to be out there but my son just got certified for scuba and I will be diving htis weekend...I haven't dove for a while, and it's his first time so I am looking forward to going...
Good luck!

Fishquest
10-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Hope you got back early if you went. Weather was fine this am, but I now see the bouy's reporting 27mph winds over an 18' swell....YIKES! :o

brian_m
10-15-2005, 04:59 PM
took a drive to BLOW-dega.....Wow....!!!!! 12-15ft swells! wont find me out there but heard alot of people calling for the coast guard.

65whaler
10-18-2005, 03:40 PM
i was watching from ocean beach all day. growling mean nasty. hard to believe that's the same water we played in all summer.

nogimmies
10-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Sounds like the old blue is up to her tricks again
Think I'll head inland ----Colorado----And try my luck at the furred creatures--Deer and Elk.
Good luck guys
go Whack em
nogimmies

brian_m
10-19-2005, 02:09 PM
i swear we cant win this year! its been so windy we cant get to the salmon and none of this wind is blowing in any rain so that means it will be a sucky duck opener!

Fishquest
10-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Bodega windy??? ;D Maybe a little, sometimes.

Heard that it was beautiful today though, with quite a few limits taken up at the river. Looks like decent fishing weather thru this weekend.

brian_m
10-20-2005, 12:49 PM
rub it in would ya... ::)

65whaler
10-20-2005, 04:09 PM
actually, saturday looks like a go. i may beg the wife (i promised it was over).

weather and swell look ... okay. :)

that said, NO WAY on sunday. a mellow 4-6' saturday swell is forecast to spike up to almost 20' by sunday afternoon. if you do get out saturday, be sure to double check that surf forecast and make sure it doesn't sneak in early on ya. holler if you get out.
/derek

Fishquest
10-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Dux sounds like a much better bet this week. FYI Will's said about a fish per rod at the river today, slower than that down off the beach. Still not bad for October though!

65whaler
10-21-2005, 10:31 AM
dux is the safe bet for sure - i just can't get there. there aren't many fishing bodega anymore, but the few that are are doing almost as well as dux. almost. i hear the sharks are biting better than the salmon now.

65whaler
10-22-2005, 12:14 PM
myyeaaahh. i didn't go. don't know if any of you read about the high speed car chase from market street into daly city on thursday or not. for those of you who are familiar with it know the chase ended when the suspect crashed into a car at a stop light.

here's the facts: i moved my 1987 dodge diplomat into the path of this scumbbag's escape route. i looked back at him and waved my finger "no no ..game over". he would have had to ram his 86 cutlass supreme with a v6 through my retired police car - 1987 dodge diplomat - v8 318 small block with reinforced front end heavy duty torion bars, dodg dish wheels. 2 tons. there was no way that tin can of a cutlass was passing my dip. well he tried anyway and crashed my car up good. but not good enough to clear the road block. the scoundrel was on the ground with a cops knee in his spine handcuffing him reading rights within seconds.

of course i was doing the same - when i stopped him, we made eye contact and he started looking for somethingin his door panel. not wanting to see what gifts he had for me, i rolled out of my car onto the ground where i was meet by 15 shouting sfpd cops on foot pointing their 9mm at my scull, many of whihc were pressed hard against my temple and the back of my head. received clear instruction to put my hands on the ground in fron of me and lie down while they pressed their knee into my neck so that i could not breathe while thye cuffed me.

soon after they realized that, not only was i not the perpetrator but the man who brought the chase from market street in sf to an end in daly city by putting my car in the direct escape path of the assailant.

did i get anyy credit? nope. cops conducted all inter views with the press, and i was too shook up to go on a self promotion tour. story of my profuessional career. my lesson: if you choose to do a good deed, make sure that the powers that be recognize your effort or it is for knaught. if you read the articles in sf gate or in the chron, abc.go etc, there's no mention of a civilian who puts his car in harms way to bring this wreckless dangerous chase to an end. no mention of the fact that i've sustained significant property dammage. no mention of the fact that i sustained serious psychological distress having 12 9mm handguns pointed at my head - several of them pressed against my temple and the back of my heaed.

i'm no hero. but i did end the chase with my 20 year retired cop car. of the 30 or so brand new state of the art persuit vehicles on the scene it was my humble old oakland detective's car from the 80's that made the stop. there's a beutifull irony in all that. all the cops high fiving each other for bringing this thing to a non catastrophic end, althoug i could see that if i let him drive by me, he had two wide open miles of john daly blvd to drive 90mph on thorugh 5 4 way intersections. with soccer moms and minivans. no high fives for me. just a severely dammaged car that i rely on to get from pt a to b.

moral to the story. if you want to do the right thing, don't do it for anyone but yourself. if you need the accpolades of the press to make you feel good about your deed, steerl clear. if you feel it's the right thing to do in your heart, turn the wheel and nab that ******* - knowing that it will be up to you to repair the dammage to your property and that the cops are not in the business of making local boy does good stories. they want to take full credit for ending the car chase. my participation contradicts their story;line.

Team_Sheryl_Lee
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
OH MY!!!!!!

uh way to go!!!!!

UH!!!!

WHOA!!!!

TSL

65whaler
10-23-2005, 11:00 AM
i left out the point of my story - due to the accident, i had no way to get up to inverness to gofishing. i was totally planning on going. had no way to get up. just another dash of salt inthe wound.

hetchy
10-24-2005, 08:50 AM
Really good going. Thanks for taking the guy down before he crashed into some innocent person/s and maybe ended their life. You have my sincere graditude.

Thanks Bob

HUND
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Wow that took balls

Glad to hear you didn't get your as kicked by the cops

Intimidator
10-26-2005, 04:10 AM
What are the chances of there still being some pigs outside the river when I drop my pots on the 4th?????
What a weekend that could be?

Mickey_Thomas
10-26-2005, 05:29 AM
So those are your pots that I try to dodge ;) Let me know if you find some hogs and I'll be there the next day ;D

Fishquest
10-26-2005, 06:20 AM
Somebody caught a 46# buck there yesterday, so it's not over yet.

Intimidator
10-27-2005, 11:15 AM
There going to be in 100'of water so look out for me pots.
Thanks for that report on that Buck.....